Eerie Cuties 27-08-14 Two Tickets To Layla World

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Sk'thloq

Re: Eerie Cuties 27-08-14 Two Tickets To Layla World

Post by Sk'thloq »

Well this just screams "Perfectly well-thought-out plan that will go completely right!" ...Oh wait, no it doesn't.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I find the title rather disquieting. It says "TO" Laylaworld, but it doesn't say anything about "BACK" from Laylaworld.
;)

Tako

Post by Tako »

Maybe we will get lucky and Tia will get lost during this expedition... :ympray:

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Tako: If that happened, EC would lose its best antagonist and one of its most entertaining characters. I get that she annoys some of you, but they can't all be good guys. And it isn't like she does it solely for sh*ts 'n giggles (though she does find enjoyment in it). Tia has to eat like anyone else, except she feeds on other peoples' misery, which is likely a matter of necessity, rather than choice.

I kinda like the 'lil runt, so I'd rather she stick around. b-(

washu

Post by washu »

Artemisia wrote:I think I'd rather have the tickets to paradise...

no wait, after this past Saturday...cancel that.
do i dare inquire as to what went down this past Saturday?
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

CFT

Post by CFT »

I bet they forgot to check with their travel agent ("The Twin Frosties") whether those tickets were round-trip or one-way ... ;)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

There... but not Back Again?

Anyway, surprise new chapter for sure1
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Layla's world!
Layla's world!
party time!
excellent!
Yet still, I live...

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:-bd :-bd
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

mikbuster wrote:So you're saying this isn't even her final form? :-o
I'm pretty sure she has over 9000 of them.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

traveling into layla's Psyche
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

CFT

Post by CFT »

It would be interesting to see if the creative team will depict Laylamia's brain in a bizarre/surrealistic way, or if it will be more "mundane" (or "retro", give Lamia's there now as well). Either way it is, I just realized that I have one very important reason to look forward to the next strips: given her status of "best (and actually only) friend", it is quite likely that Tiffany can make an appearance there (well not Tiffany exactly, her "representation" in Layla's mind, 200% more ditzy!) which should be enjoyable beyond measure, given her long volcanic absence (I miss Tiff...).
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

@CTF same here, same here... :ymsigh:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

CFT wrote:I just realized that I have one very important reason to look forward to the next strips: given her status of "best (and actually only) friend", it is quite likely that Tiffany can make an appearance there (well not Tiffany exactly, her "representation" in Layla's mind).
There's that, but what I'm mainly interested in, is finding out how much of Laymia is actually "Layla" rather than "Lamia".

I'm also anxious to see whether Tia and Lamia know each other, 'cuz there's a chance someone might've known Tia before her summoning. And since Lamia claims to have lived for a thousand years, there's a reasonable possibility she might've met her before.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

CFT wrote:It would be interesting to see if the creative team will depict Laylamia's brain in a bizarre/surrealistic way, or if it will be more "mundane" (or "retro", give Lamia's there now as well). Either way it is, I just realized that I have one very important reason to look forward to the next strips: given her status of "best (and actually only) friend", it is quite likely that Tiffany can make an appearance there (well not Tiffany exactly, her "representation" in Layla's mind, 200% more ditzy!) which should be enjoyable beyond measure, given her long volcanic absence (I miss Tiff...).
I'm imagining that Laylamia's brain will look something like the dream scenes that Ace has been in, but you're right, it could be anything with (what we think of as) 2 personalities in there. And it would be funny as hell if Tiffany was in there. :))
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.