Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Dangerously Chloe 14-08-14 I have become death

Post by Azrael »

Hyper Magi wrote:Chloe X Pandora X Prudence X Teddy X Naomi X Jacqui X Alchemy

Someone help me. >_>

There you go. :ymdevil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Bambikles wrote:Of course they have ! Otherwise people's deaths would be much more harder to explain.
"He died...just like that! It was so weird..."

Cassandra, you fool ! Don't you know the ginormous risks you're taking with your Dillon avatar ? :))
yeah. because that never happens
Yet still, I live...

Shadowbird712

Post by Shadowbird712 »

mittfh wrote:"Chloe, I've found a potential girlfriend... there's just one hitch... she wants my soul..."
So pretty much business as usual for Teddy.
Time to raise a little chaos, y'all...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Teenaged girl first, Reaper second. :p

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

And....another one for the harem...
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Teddy's harem is going to easily be rivaling Tenchi's for size soon. (If not real, metaphysical and political power, canon on the OVA universe is that Tenchi's house is the second greatest concentration of aforementioned types of power in the known multiverse, including two full on goddesses. Hmnm... maybe Teddy will score himself a goddess next? Two succubi, a nutter human, a reaper, throw in an angel, a goddess and a nature spirit of some kind, maybe a witch, and you have a complete set!)

As far as Teddy being "interested" in Alchemy, while the shipper in me, rather the shipper that is me is totally on board with Alchemy's interpretation...

Seems to be the issue of the day! :ymdevil:

Related: Alchemy's theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ld4Mj1EkqU
Song title Alchemy
Band: Girls Dead Monster
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

Oppenheimer's quote, which this is based off of, is a misquote from the Bhagavad Gita. The actual writing is, "I am the all-powerful Time which destroys all things".

Not that what Oppenheimer said was bad or anything, but in this case, it doesn't work very well, since Alchemy didn't become a shinagami just now (aside from putting her work hat on). So what I think would have been neat to say is, "I am the all-powerful Reaper which claims all souls", or something along those lines.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I do rather think that the oath owes slightly more to the Green Lantern Corps than to Oppenheimer's bit of hubris. ("In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light.") Both are in there, though, of course.

I must admit that I hadn't run into the full version of the Bhagavad-Gita quote until I did some digging because of this. Nobody ever seems to mention the first couple of lines, which are highly apposite...

If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one ...
I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Those "first few lines" come well before the last bit. Let's see if I can dig it up...
Sanjaya said, "O King, speaking thus, the Supreme, the Lord of all mystic power, the Personality of Godhead, displayed His universal form to Arjuna. Arjuna saw in that universal form unlimited mouths and unlimited eyes. It was all wondrous. The form was decorated with divine, dazzling ornaments and arrayed in many garbs. He was garlanded gloriously, and there were many scents smeared over His body. All was magnificent, all-expanding, unlimited. This was seen by Arjuna. If hundreds of thousands of suns rose up at once into the sky, they might resemble the effulgence of the Supreme Person in that universal form. At that time Arjuna could see in the universal form of the Lord the unlimited expansions of the universe situated in one place although divided into many, many thousands. Then, bewildered and astonished, his hair standing on end, Arjuna began to pray with folded hands, offering obeisances to the Supreme Lord."

Arjuna said, "My dear Lord Krsna, I see assembled together in Your body all the demigods and various other living entities. I see Brahma sitting on the lotus flower as well as Lord Siva and many sages and divine serpents. O Lord of the universe, I see in Your universal body many, many forms--bellies, mouths, eyes--expanded without limit. There is no end, there is no beginning, and there is no middle to all this. Your form, adorned with various crowns, clubs and discs, is difficult to see because of its glaring effulgence, which is fiery and immeasurable like the sun. You are the supreme primal objective; You are the best in all the universes; You are inexhaustible, and You are the oldest; You are the maintainer of religion, the eternal Personality of Godhead. You are the origin without beginning, middle or end. You have numberless arms, and the sun and moon are among Your great unlimited eyes. By Your own radiance You are heating this entire universe. Although You are one, You are spread throughout the sky and the planets and all space between. O great one, as I behold this terrible form, I see that all the planetary systems are perplexed. All the demigods are surrendering and entering into You. They are very much afraid, and with folded hands they are singing the Vedic hymns. The different manifestations of Lord Siva, the Adityas, the Vasus, the Sadhyas, the Visvedevas, the two Asvis, the Maruts, the forefathers and the Gandharvas, the Yaksas, Asuras, and all perfected demigods are beholding You in wonder. O mighty-armed one, all the planets with their demigods are disturbed at seeing Your many faces, eyes, arms, bellies and legs and Your terrible teeth, and as they are disturbed, so am I. O all-pervading Visnu, I can no longer maintain my equilibrium. Seeing Your radiant colors fill the skies and beholding Your eyes and mouths, I am afraid. O Lord of lords, O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me. I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered. All the sons of Dhrtarastra along with their allied kings, and Bhisma, Drona and Karna, and all our soldiers are rushing into Your mouths, their heads smashed by Your fearful teeth. I see that some are being crushed between Your teeth as well. As the rivers flow into the sea, so all these great warriors enter Your blazing mouths and perish. I see all people rushing with full speed into Your mouths as moths dash into a blazing fire. O Visnu, I see You devouring all people in Your flaming mouths and covering the universe with Your immeasurable rays. Scorching the worlds, You are manifest. O Lord of lords, so fierce of form, please tell me who You are. I offer my obeisances unto You; please be gracious to me. I do not know what Your mission is, and I desire to hear of it."

The Blessed Lord said, "Time I am, destroyer of the worlds, and I have come to engage all people. With the exception of you [the Pandavas], all the soldiers here on both sides will be slain."