Dangerously Chloe 07-08-14 Like an idiot

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

FragileMara

Re: Dangerously Chloe 07-08-14 Like an idiot

Post by FragileMara »

FlashD81 wrote:Oh my god, she is so adorable! :x Teddy if you don't go after her you are missing out!
I was about to say "how Shepard-ian of you to say !", but it seems you pretty much did so yourself :) (Speaking of adorable, your comment made me think about these parents who named their newborn girl Tali'Zorah a couple months ago, and how she's basically the cutest thing ever.)

But I digress. It's just very funny to me to see people already considering her as a love interest, when it's her second appearance... Wait till Teddy and her actually engage in conversation ! :p
... With that said, she seems pretty intriguing - and I'd like to know whether or not she's got flying shoes...
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Alchemy sure is shy. I didn't expecred that. Mmm, with that strip I mere inclined to see her as an Angel, she reminded me of Prudence. :-??
Adamas wrote:I knew what it WAS, I asked what it was SUPPOSED to be (since it reminds me of a dog rubbing his ass on the carpet while having a seizure) :p
I'd willingly make a zoological evolutionary comparison involving female cheetahs/baboons but... yeah. *goes to hide*

EDIT: Oh, and f***. Showing off one's bum is a widely spreaded courting method by females among primates. Humans are primates, so that's not much of a surprise.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

brasca wrote:At first I thought Teddy's school might be another clandestine faction of super natural affiliated people. A school similar to Apollo, Artemis, and Charybdis, but for students gifted in science and ingenuity instead of supernatural powers.
And Triana? :p
FragileMara wrote:But I digress. It's just very funny to me to see people already considering her as a love interest, when it's her second appearance... Wait till Teddy and her actually engage in conversation ! :p
Yeah,... this is starting to threaten to go full-on harem comedy over the past couple of chapters, after mostly avoiding that beartrap...

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

FragileMara wrote:
FlashD81 wrote:Oh my god, she is so adorable! :x Teddy if you don't go after her you are missing out!
I was about to say "how Shepard-ian of you to say !", but it seems you pretty much did so yourself :) (Speaking of adorable, your comment made me think about these parents who named their newborn girl Tali'Zorah a couple months ago, and how she's basically the cutest thing ever.)
:O3 :x That baby picture is adorable. The fact that the mother wanted to name her girl that is awesome.

Getting back to the point, Alchemy seems to be an instant hit on the forums. Even if Teddy doesn't go after her, at the very least I would like to see more of her and learn about her.

Though Naomi has a solid chance with Teddy still IF Alchemy develops something for Teddy it should be fun to watch. Especially if Naomi catches Alchemy flying, adding to her whole aliens theory. :p
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

This girl is near Prudence levels of adorable. :ymhug:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

Zippy wrote: Yeah,... this is starting to threaten to go full-on harem comedy over the past couple of chapters, after mostly avoiding that beartrap...
Well, at least people are cheering for Teddy, now. :p If I remember correctly, he went through much trouble before acquiring Protagonist Status on these there forums. Seems like it's cemented at this point.
More seriously, I wouldn't give up on the possibility of a non-harem route yet. There's still a reasonable handful of characters who don't want to get into Teddy's pants (or whose interest in the lad simply comes from fantasy imaginings or good old succubus nature)... not to mention Teddy isn't even wearing any pants at this point. Dangerously Chloe is still young, and can still branch in either direction.
FlashD81 wrote: Getting back to the point, Alchemy seems to be an instant hit on the forums. Even if Teddy doesn't go after her, at the very least I would like to see more of her and learn about her.

Though Naomi has a solid chance with Teddy still IF Alchemy develops something for Teddy it should be fun to watch. Especially if Naomi catches Alchemy flying, adding to her whole aliens theory. :p
Don't worry, I was mostly teasing. :) I'm not a fan of harem plots myself, if nothing else because to me they tend to be less promising in terms of possibilities, but I can understand the appeal to others, especially in terms of "that girl seems interesting, I hope she gets with the hero".
(and Mass Effect is still my favorite game, even with half the galaxy wanting a taste of Shepard's ass, so make of that what you want O:-) )
Alchemy is interesting, and I'd very much like to learn about her too, especially if that implies wacky space invaders theories from our favourite special investigator ! (and it's possible that he goes after her without going after her anyways).
FlashD81 wrote::O3 :x That baby picture is adorable. The fact that the mother wanted to name her girl that is awesome.
I want to name my firstborn son "Wrex", but the thought hasn't been as well-received, weirdly enough.
Last edited by FragileMara on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

crimsontearz wrote:So...goddesses twerk.
good to know.
What makes you so sure she's a goddess? :-\

It's possible that she may be another empowered human, like the AA students.
Adamas wrote:This seems not like Twerk.
The 1st panel seems to be the beginning stance, before going low to the floor (aka 'droppin' it like it's hot').

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

because I've been playing scion a lot lately so I want her to be a goddess

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

FragileMara wrote:Don't worry, I was mostly teasing. :) I'm not a fan of harem plots myself, if nothing else because to me they tend to be less promising in terms of possibilities, but I can understand the appeal to others, especially in terms of "that girl seems interesting, I hope she gets with the hero".
(and Mass Effect is still my favorite game, even with half the galaxy wanting a taste of Shepard's ass, so make of that what you want O:-) )
Alchemy is interesting, and I'd very much like to learn about her too, especially if that implies wacky space invaders theories from our favourite special investigator ! (and it's possible that he goes after her without going after her anyways).
I took no offense. :) Most of the characters so far have been interesting in one way or another. I might have been projecting myself on Teddy here because I romanced Tali in the ME series, and like I stated Alchemy reminds me of her. (Believe it or not I got into Mass Effect really late. I started the first ME game last October after getting both 1 and 2 in a Steam Sale.)
FragileMara wrote: I want to name my firstborn son "Wrex", but the thought hasn't been as well-received, weirdly enough.
Aww, Wrex is such a strong name. :) Still I think that is a better option that I heard from an old friend (wanted to name his twins Luke and Leia).
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

I'm a fairly recent convert myself, actually. I've known about the series for years, but didn't want to even start playing it back then, being what can only qualify as a space junkie. I knew it would be susceptible to push all of my buttons, and I was afraid it would eat me whole if I ever got into it... (and of course it finally did. So much so that it's not even funny. :x X_X ) And I freaking love Tali. She's a nice girl without being a cliché, and I think nice girls are about the most difficult to get right, character-wise.
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if your comparison was accurate ! :)

Hah ! I suppose that if you're a hardcore Star Wars fan, having twins is just tempting fate... And I'll admit that Luke and Leia would be a bit more... pronounceable than Wrex. The source is also more widely known - there's no way people won't draw the parallel and spoil either the series or the kids' life for them pretty quickly (which would be about the main thing preventing me from writing "Wrex" on an hypothetical son's birth certificate, other than my best friend sniggering knowingly behind his back. :D)

I swear I'm done derailing the topic because of ME now... I'll be good. :ymblushing: One of the other things that's intriguing (and possibly a hint) about Alchemy is her name. Knowing that etymology always had been meaningful in the EC!verse, I'd lean towards "magical power of sorts" as to why she's flying. It's a pity, though, I really like the idea of flying shoes.

"SCIENCE!"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks Alchemy looks a bit like Callista? It could just be a 'six faces' thing combined with her hair being two-toned, but she kinda reminds me of her.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

FragileMara wrote:
brasca [sic] wrote: Yeah,... this is starting to threaten to go full-on harem comedy over the past couple of chapters, after mostly avoiding that beartrap...
Well, at least people are cheering for Teddy, now. :p If I remember correctly, he went through much trouble before acquiring Protagonist Status on these there forums. Seems like it's cemented at this point.
(Uh, that was me you're quoting, not brasca!)

Without looking at the forum history, I'd say Chapter 3 didn't do a lot for Teddy - it largely sidelined him, and what there was of him was (a) mostly his younger self and (b) made him a pawn in Chloe's clusterscrewup rather than someone with any agency. Chapter 4 started pushing him forward more, but it wasn't really until Chapter 5 spent a while with Chloe sidelined for the first time since she beamed in that he was absolutely a protagonist.
FragileMara wrote:More seriously, I wouldn't give up on the possibility of a non-harem route yet. There's still a reasonable handful of characters who don't want to get into Teddy's pants (or whose interest in the lad simply comes from fantasy imaginings or good old succubus nature)... not to mention Teddy isn't even wearing any pants at this point. Dangerously Chloe is still young, and can still branch in either direction.
Maybe. But with Naomi determined to figure him out, Triana interested in "DeCarlo, Teddy DeCarlo" because Naomi is, Chloe herself back in the game since she noticed him topless... if Alchemy starts being played with as another love interest in potentia...

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

"Beartrap"? I think we've had the GPS set for "harem comedy" since day 1...

washu

Post by washu »

so... don't know if anyone asked already. but what do you think the chances are that Alchemy ends up whipping up a potion for poor poor Teddy; that saves his life, but causes him some terrible side effect. Pandora might show up, "Gold Wings" in hand, just to see Teddy down Alchemy's admixture. better yet, Pandora might know Alchemy and know she has some crazy side she could have warned Teddy about. oh, that would be the funnies

an yeah, i know i'm super late to the party.
Rise from Ashes. a new webcomic by Madeleine Rosca, author of Hollow Fields.

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

Zippy wrote: (Uh, that was me you're quoting, not brasca!)
It was indeed. Sorry, Zippy, I mishandled the BBcode. Comment edited.
Zippy wrote:Maybe. But with Naomi determined to figure him out, Triana interested in "DeCarlo, Teddy DeCarlo" because Naomi is, Chloe herself back in the game since she noticed him topless... if Alchemy starts being played with as another love interest in potentia...
I quite agree. Add to this the fact that Teddy is dead (mostly), which could mean his binding contract with Chloe has been revoked... allowing Chloe to stay in the game, and himself to pursue -or get pursued by- any girl he wants, without the threat of the fiery pits of Hell affecting his relationships in the future (though I'll be sorely disappointed if those sneaky succubi don't whip out a clause that specifically covers Teddy's situation, and was included in the contract's fine print), and that he's the only important male in the cast and the conditions for a harem are firmly established.
... But it's still on the early developmental stage, and I'll take whatever hope I can get, to be honest. ^^' %-(

"SCIENCE!"