Eerie Cuties 06-08-14 A close circle

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Sk'thloq

Re: Eerie Cuties 06-08-14 A close circle

Post by Sk'thloq »

Aaaaaaaaand I'm masturbating. =p~
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Azure wrote:Yeah, this is certainly uncharacteristic of Brooke. And leaving aside the issue of if she's in the right state of mind, can I point out how this is a god-only-knows-how-old vampire queen deliberately being sexually aggressive towards, and manipulative of, a teenager? That's creepy as hell.
Well, many people believe that our spirits are "god-only-knows-how-old", which would make the only difference between Brooke and Layla that Layla remembers some of that time. Still a bit creepy, but Layla is also a teenager herself, going through similar physical and social issues to Brooke.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

This is out of character and not at all subtle in bending someone to one's will.
Either the authors are in a hurry, refused to look up information on getting people to do what they want or lack the understanding of being manipulative themselves.
.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

This does seem out of character from Brooke. Still she looks like... :ymblushing: she is enjoying this as well. I think Blair might have the right idea here on both accounts.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

You know its really looking more and more that blair either got this job due to lack of options or as a punishment....

ilionebamo

Post by ilionebamo »

I vote for lack of options. Getting this job as a punishments does not seem the case: He got to live with gorgeus lady vampires for a looong time. Perhaps their childhood was punishment.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

you weak weak shifter -groans-

I like this side of Layla and apparently this seems to confirm that a vampire bite, while not orgasmic, is still at least partly pleasurable

that...or Brooke likes pain...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Commentary wrote:This is out of character and not at all subtle in bending someone to one's will.
Either the authors are in a hurry, refused to look up information on getting people to do what they want or lack the understanding of being manipulative themselves.
I get the feeling the that it isn't meant to be subtle. Enthrallment is enthrallment -- like what Nina wound up doing to Becky (accidentally), though not to the same extent. Yet.

Also note: Blair lied his *** off in that example.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

ilionebamo wrote:I vote for lack of options. Getting this job as a punishments does not seem the case: He got to live with gorgeus lady vampires for a looong time. Perhaps their childhood was punishment.

You'd think Overhead would be coming down on his ass

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

It still like a ton of bricks and causes issues with going along with the story.

If you want to know how to screw with people, there a long list of books and reading material to do it.
http://changingminds.org/
No I am not advertising for the person. He a very good place to get into such things.

As for a bite, vampires represent sex and death. So there is some pleasure to it.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Well, Brooke bent easily enough, guess the maid costume was appropriate. Still interesting to see where ol'Ace's roll in all this shakes out...
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

I still want resistance from Brooke and I would want more indications of how different Layla is now then back then. Crass and mean, but I'd expect a humanoid with centuries of experience dealing with people and bending them to her whim to be more skilled in gaining influence beyond just hoeing herself out and not much else. I'd expect more game of throne sort of dealings to get her way. Not this. I also find this creepy as well.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Commentary wrote:I still want resistance from Brooke and I would want more indications of how different Layla is now then back then.
Aside from being a Melusine, she's a normal teenage girl. It'd be different if we were talking about a student from AA, since they take courses in how to resist that sorta thing.

Vampires are usually portrayed as being seductive and capable of mentally subjegating their victims. The ones we've seen in EC appear to have the same ability. We saw Layla mind whammy Doom Pantied Chloe and that was before she reawakened as "Lamia". If Chloe couldn't resist her influence, I'd have a hard time believing Brooke could do any better.
Commentary wrote:Crass and mean, but I'd expect a humanoid with centuries of experience dealing with people and bending them to her whim to be more skilled in gaining influence beyond just hoeing herself out and not much else. I'd expect more game of throne sort of dealings to get her way. Not this. I also find this creepy as well.
From everything we've been told about Lamia, the woman didn't do subtlety. We're talking about someone that routinely wiped out villages, enslaved princesses and maidens, and slaughtered would-be heroes. She was a bloodthirsty tyrant. If we're to believe those accounts, that is.

About the only ones who'd know for sure, would be Blair and Layla's parents. And possibly Tia, depending on how old she really is (she may be older than she appears), and whether she's ever met Lamia before.

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

In history there were blood thirsty tyrants. Vlad the Impaler would be one. He however stood for something. It would be more interesting if back history was involved. There is this technique called "muddling the waters"
We already know she is a horrible person. If however she were to say I did it to save a village or destroy something far worse then her, that would be more interesting. Does have to be true? Well, to be convincing, she would have to be telling mostly the truth.

For example, she could get people come to her side rallying against current injustices in the world to get people to join. Then screw em over later. This is an old cult technique where if you think you are signing up for one thing and find out there something else in the works, then keep ones mouth shut due to how much investment one has in the group.

If she is subtle enough to escape detection and be able to get into Layla way she did, why not the same cunning in all things?

Does not make sense.

As for heroes killing her? I would kill someone who entered my home who had a bloody stake and pointing it at me.
Last edited by Commentary on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Even if they were there because you slaughtered their people?

Quote removed. The DAMNed