08-10-10 More effort!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Re: 08-10-10 More effort!

Post by Giz »

The scene we are seeing is a grown-up Nina kissing another girl, not the little 14 year old we know. All of the girls have matured/grown to what Blair's subconscious wants, and are acting accordingly to what his subconscious wants.

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

ImageImage

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

albert.aribaud wrote:What I can say, though, is that my thirteen years old son's reaction to this comic was not shock or disgust at the pictures, but disgust at Blair -- so at least my son did understand the meaning of the strip, and if a line was crossed in his mind, he expressed that Blair did it -- not Giz or Dave.
Phew! #:-s

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Giz wrote:The scene we are seeing is a grown-up Nina kissing another girl, not the little 14 year old we know. All of the girls have matured/grown to what Blair's subconscious wants, and are acting accordingly to what his subconscious wants.
So it's manipulated rapid growth in addition to sudden transformation. Yaaaaaaaay :x

btw, does anyone else find it ironic that he once saved the school from a zombified guy horde but is now being on the other end and being the cause, not the solution? :-B
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Shouri

Post by Shouri »

Border Prince wrote:My favourite pairing in the comic so far would be Blair and a KITCHEN BLENDER!!!

*hums theme song*

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Giz wrote:The scene we are seeing is a grown-up Nina kissing another girl, not the little 14 year old we know. All of the girls have matured/grown to what Blair's subconscious wants, and are acting accordingly to what his subconscious wants.
Sooo.... It s your contention that grown up Nina's first kiss should be as a mind controlled Bimbo. You could have explored the option without going down that line, ways that might not have alienated some of your audience, much the same way that male Nina started noticing Brooke legs. Is it possible that it never occurred to you that to some of us might have felt it was more like the rape of two fourteen year old girls than the growling up experience of the first kiss?

You still have not answered my question about what you think about the people who were not creeped out by the strip and thought it was totally awesome.

Finally did you expect this reaction when you wrote this script?
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Dave Zero1 wrote:I should point out that Blair isn't changing anybody, the orb is doing that on it's own, Blair just dosen't want to stop it.
This to. If anything blame the orb. :p

@Doric: She doesn't have to answer to every question, you know. Nina got her first kiss via Kade.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

Emphasis mine everywhere throughtout this post)
theodoric476 wrote:
Sooo.... It s your contention that grown up Nina's first kiss should be as a mind controlled Bimbo.
Incorrect inference there: at most, you could conclude that it is Giz' [and Dave's] contention that it is Blair's subconscious will that grown up Nina's first kiss should etc.

Again, one must always make sure not to mix a character's opinions [or actions] with his creator's.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

theodoric476 wrote:Sooo.... It s your contention that grown up Nina's first kiss should be as a mind controlled Bimbo. You could have explored the option without going down that line, ways that might not have alienated some of your audience, much the same way that male Nina started noticing Brooke legs. Is it possible that it never occurred to you that to some of us might have felt it was more like the rape of two fourteen year old girls than the growling up experience of the first kiss?
You still have not answered my question about what you think about the people who were not creeped out by the strip and thought it was totally awesome.
- Nina's first kiss was with Kade, who she now has a crush on.
- Nina noticing Brooke's legs was as a healthy 14 year old boy.
- As for the creeped out by the readers who thought it was awesome, I say they just liked the image of these 2 girls kissing. It is their right. After all, Nina was not drawn as she usually is: a foot taller, blond, and certainly not built the same.
- We go into each story with the hopes of keeping readers excited, and looking forward to each update with anticipation.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Mission accomplished. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

Giz wrote:
theodoric476 wrote:Sooo.... It s your contention that grown up Nina's first kiss should be as a mind controlled Bimbo. You could have explored the option without going down that line, ways that might not have alienated some of your audience, much the same way that male Nina started noticing Brooke legs. Is it possible that it never occurred to you that to some of us might have felt it was more like the rape of two fourteen year old girls than the growling up experience of the first kiss?
- Nina's first kiss was with Kade, who she now has a crush on.
- Nina noticing Brooke's legs was as a healthy 14 year old boy.
- As for the creeped out by the readers who thought it was awesome, I say they just liked the image of these 2 girls kissing. It is their right. After all, Nina was not drawn as she usually is: a foot taller, blond, and certainly not built the same.
- We go into each story with the hopes of keeping readers excited, and looking forward to each update with anticipation.
You can rationalize this as much as you want. And no, I do not believe that many of your readers view this a rape scene and this is just a way to raise some excitement and titillation. I suppose you could make an argument about Nina not being a victim of rape but what about Brook? She is drawn, unwillingly into this, kicking and screaming effectively by Blair. He laughs at her, gloats at her powerlessness and calls her names. If that is not symbolic of a rape what is? Rape is not about sex it is about dominances and power. He is acting out the role of a rapist almost perfectly and Brooke is acting out the role of the victim. Can you not see how a rational person could see it that way and be profoundly disturbed by it. Can you not see how thousands of your readers could see this as something far darker than what you intended. Why do you think there has been such a firestorm about this?
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Blair, tu m'as blaire'.
Blair, you've creeped me out. :-?

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

theodoric476 wrote:You can rationalize this as much as you want.
And you can refuse to rationalize as much as you want, which seems to be four times at this point [EDIT: three of the four identical postings were removed afterward]. :)
Just as you can continue to not distinguish a character's speech and acts and his creator's opinions. This amounts to saying for instance that Siegel and Shuster were schizos, since they created but the epitome of Good *and* the epitome of Bad -- again, if one mixes up the characters' profiles and their authors'. I personally don't see this mixing up as a valid assertion.
Last edited by albert.aribaud on Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

BlairFan wrote:Blair, tu m'as blaire'.
Is that colloquial québécois, or québécois slang? In France French, "blairer" means "supporter" -> 'to stand', and is used in the negative form: "je peux pas blairer ce type" -> 'I can't stand this bloke'.
BlairFan wrote:Blair, you've creeped me out. :-?
That seems to be G&D's goal...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

and in the next chaptor, Blair goes

on the student population!

MUAHAHAHAHAA

*cough*

i just cant stop coming back to see Blairs evil face in the 2nd panel
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?