08-10-10 More effort!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Shadrach

Re: 08-10-10 More effort!

Post by Shadrach »

WCRI wrote:Yet another poster playing the roll of the troll with the infamous MST3K "lol its fiction" line just to stir more shit up.
I don't think you know what a troll is. And that's all I have to say to you, sir or madam.

NekoLLX

Post by NekoLLX »

BobDole wrote:You're an idiot.

There, now you can point the finger at me since I'm willing to list your faults.

You're an idiot for this one exact reason - You're saying what the villain is doing is the author's beliefs.

Would you like more evidences? Here ya go whether you said yes or not: You're arguing with the author on how things should be written. That working well for you with NBC's Friday night line-up? You're also trolling up a storm by arguing without listening, the worst kind of argument.

Your idiocy only grows every time to try to defend your previous idiocies. The only hope is to shut up. If you don't - you'll get more completely relaxed yet openly critical posts from folks like me. Worst part is - I don't really give a rat's patootie if I'm reprimanded for it. I'd probably deserve it.
Woah man, step back, breeeth, or are you unaware of the concept of satire and comedy.

See the bolded lines?

What are you a Republican?

Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

To my knowledge, while the person may vary, the tendencies of a "troll" is to agitate others into angrily responding to what is usually a structured message intended to skirt the line between responsible, and respectful posting, and hateful, and spiteful posting. All with the intention to draw others into reacting without thinking as to what the consequences of blindly posting while being angry. Those that resort to using "Lol its only fiction" in debates like these do so knowing that this will only make the debaters against story elements even more tense and disgruntled. Therefore I can only assume that you, and those like you Shadrach, are doing so intentionally. Ergo, trolling.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

This place is crashing and burning, and is all of this sounding familair to you Ma3 guys?

So can we tone it down even more?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

NekoLLX wrote:Woah man, step back, breeeth, or are you unaware of the concept of satire and comedy.

See the bolded lines?

What are you a Republican?
Satire and comedy are what you're hiding behind? Interesting. Well...considering both are supposed to be humorous and you've successfully skirted that, I'd say you'd have to do quite a bit better at switching between trolling arguments and your "humor" for people to understand you're joking instead of using the very petty method of fighting with someone by saying or doing something that could be taken as joking in a group of friends when what you're really doing is saying exactly what you're feeling while not having the courage to be upfront about it.

If you'd like, I could help you be more forthright about your douchebaggery so that you can stand tall and proud about it instead of trying to convince me that you "were only joking."

I usually don't tell people that I completely stop putting any sort of value to their conversation when they repeated acting in an unintelligent manner, but the cowardly act of telling a not-a-joke so that you can get one more dig in at others just kind of helps me to decide that keeping silent about such things in the hopes that civility prevails isn't needed here.

You've also kind of put your foot in it in that you're hoping to win an argument against the owners of the house you're in. Not exactly swift thinking there.

And Bob Dole being accused of being a Republican - that might have actually been funny if you hadn't insisted on being a jerk. I hope you're able to get the taste of foot out of your mouth soon, but you'll need to spit it out first.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Bob, has anyone ever told you that you elaborate just a tiny bit to much?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

albert.aribaud

Post by albert.aribaud »

BobDole wrote:And the semantics of "these are children" versus "no they're adults" is pretty lame too. They're teenagers.
Afraid there is an implicit hypothesis in your assertion: that the sentences above would be about the same persons. Actually, one possible analysis is that "they" are not, i.e. the teenagers in the story are teenagers, the adults in the last panel are adults, and these are two different groups of characters.

Reminder: this analysis does not aim at making all character actions and opinions that the story shows un-questionable ; it aims at exposing that all readers may see a different set of questionable or unquestionable character opinions and actions. IOW, I'm trying to show where your reasoning stops too short, and that other reasonings are equally possible.
BobDole wrote:Can we go back to discussing the comic instead of completely baseless accusations and pitiful excuses? I liked it better when we were talking about what could be done to stop Blair before all this pointless finger pointing at Dave and Giz started.
FWIW, you don't need to stop doing one in order to resume doing the other -- don't let the linear presentation of comments fool you into thinking that the train of discussion has to be linear too. :)
Albert -- would you like to read EC, MC, and DC at least one week late and in French?

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Pancho: if that tractor had another trailer behind it, then we really would be watching a train wreck ;)

Nice grab, btw. Wish I knew how to do that.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

shellblade3

Post by shellblade3 »

Let me just hesitantly raise my hand to give a suggestion on how Blair will be stopped. I'm thinking he'll be the cause f his own undoing. We all know that as Blair fantasy women, the girls are none too bright, and have a sexual streak. But see, Blair is just a doll, and after coming to the realization that he can't really do anything with them, the orb will change them back.

Cue Blair's deservedly sadistic punishment.

IT'S SUCH POETIC JUSTICE

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

Panchocheesecake wrote:Bob, has anyone ever told you that you elaborate just a tiny bit to much?
Most definitely.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

I am locking this thread to start a new one to reflect the strip change. Thank you.