Eerie Cuties 09-07-14 Behind the big oak tree

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Eerie Cuties 09-07-14 Behind the big oak tree

Post by 'J' »

Gotoh wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Anyway, COMIC-WISE, hmm... Looks like fawning sycophant girl is not too uninterested. The weird thing is, in certain ways, Blair could actually be good for Ace.
I'm with Error of Logic, we've already got Blair and Kade as womanizers. Ace seems to be the one decent male character in EC, I'd rather he stay that way.
Learning something from this experience doesn't have to mean that he becomes like Kade or Blaire; just realizing that he has the potential to be romantically successful would be good for him and his self esteem.

Hitting his premature growth-spurt previously gave him the confidence to ask Brooke out & pursue a relationship, but when he was reverted to his "natural" age that confidence dissapeared (which then lead to the relationship failing). Now Ace has the opportunity to learn that he doesn't need magical growth hormones to be successful/attractive to girls his age; thus he can develop that confidence back again, without having to rely on the psychological crutch of those manly good looks.
Yet still, I live...

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Error of Logic wrote:They did something similar in an episode of the X-files. A (human-only) shapeshifter who impersonated married men to get in bed with their wives impersonated Mulder and almost managed to seduce Scully. After the little mutant was caught, he asked to speak to Mulder and basically asked him why, with his looks and his access to government resources, would he ever choose to live the way he did. Mulder got ticked and walked off without giving the shapeshifter an answer...
That's exactly the thing that I was thinking about in my head. That exact episode.

I was going to quote it, but decided not to. Now I regret it!
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

You can quote it now. ^^ Why hesitate?

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Oh. Well, you just quoted it.

I mean 'quote' more like 'reference' it. When the comment about 'seeing what you could be' came up, that's the one episode that popped into my mind. I liked X-Files, but that one scene was really sharp.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I liked it up to a certain point. ^^ It did kind of jump the shark and lose its quality at a given moment. (Probably the one where all the weird stuff was confirmed as real and mulder and Scully started to get romantic.)

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Another one that hasn't been inked. I don't mean to sound rude here, but these have been up for months.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Are you seriously intending to bump fourteen threads? (Fifteen counting today's which will be practically off the front page by the time you're done...)