Eerie Cuties 23-06-14 Like you have a choice

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cranium

Re: Eerie Cuties 23-06-14 Like you have a choice

Post by Cranium »

@Searcher ... All of the above?
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

brasca

Post by brasca »

Odd Man Out wrote: Really, I think people are overestimating the impact of this change on Layla. Most of her old memories deal with places and events that, frankly, don't matter much at the moment (unless she wants to write one hell of a history paper). She may have picked up a few new vampire tricks but for the most part I'm betting it'll still be a few decades to grow into anything like a real power.
If this was just a memory dump then why would everyone be reacting like they are regarding Layla? Aside from some dangerous knowledge Layla had to gain a lot of power in this resurrection for Blair to attempt to stake her. Moreover, Queen Lamia probably wouldn't want to be resurrected if she didn't have the same power she once did. It would actually be worse for someone with so many enemies whose descendants would want revenge and could now take it out on a vampire teenager. Layla is a vampire, but if the werewolf community knew they could beat up a powered down version of Lamia they'd take it.

Looks like Blair is literally and figuratively in the dog house now.

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

crimzontearz wrote:Sadly this is de facto not quintessa anymore. Her different upbringing makes her a different person now even with the memory dump.
Good point. Let's see how this translates into QuintLayla's empire-building...

"Layla, sweetie, since we're being open here... You may take after my mother in that respect."
:D Oh, Eugene... I really hope to see more of you in the future.
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Cranium wrote:Still think 1,000 years trumps 16 years.
Was she alive for a thousand years though? We know she's been "dead" a long time but not how long she lived when she was alive.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Searcher wrote:So is Nina is pissie about her kissing Puppy or is that face she is making a by-product of her finally sucking on blood? OR is she jealousy that Layla is going to have all the cool stuff now and she won't be anything special?
Oh, absolutely Puppy. Those inset panels were there for a reason.

Spent the night on a blood-fuelled rampage, culminating in performing a vampire sex act on her sister? Sure.
Sister's the reincarnation of an ancient (and fabulous) vampire queen? Whatever.
Doll's been dosing her with chocolate for fifteen years to stop her drinking blood? Cool with that.
Sister kisses boyfriend (possessed by doll)? WAR!
Varanus wrote:
Was she alive for a thousand years though? We know she's been "dead" a long time but not how long she lived when she was alive.
http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/my ... _somewhere

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Ravenhull wrote:
Passing Through wrote:It is good that Layla still loves her parents, I'm sure even ancient vampire queens want to run home to mummy occasionally.
"Daaaaaaddyyyyyy! Prince Harold said that I am acting like a tyrant, the big meanie. I should have him beheaded, shouldn't I?"
"Only if you have him whipped first. He's claimed I'm heartless."

Seriously tho, who doesn't want their mother when they're miserable and in pain? Layla isn't immune to suffering.
Cranium wrote:Hmmm instead of kingdom ... she will head up a corporation? Still think 1,000 years trumps 16 years. Seems parents wanting to make sure they are on her 'good' side ... think even they would not want Lamia to be cross with them. Yes Lamia ... why even call her Layla when at home?
Truth is revealed squealed Mulder! ... err Blair! Poor Puppy ... now where was that doll body?
Because Layla's her name now. I don't see why she should change her very own beloved name just because she's the reincarnation of an ancient vampire queen. Well she is their daughter and they have been keeping important secrets from her, they wouldn't want her to get all miffed and sad.

Unless Brooke rescued it (and she had more important things to worry about), the dolly is back at the place where moving pictures are displayed for public viewing.
crimzontearz wrote:Memories ≠ personality. Sure Layla might have grown up in a way that makes her as much a fickle byatch as Lamia but say Nina got the memories you think the result would have been the same?
Since when is Layla fickle, what reason is there to think Lamia was fickle and how is she a batch? There's only one of her.
Searcher wrote:So is Nina is pissie about her kissing Puppy or is that face she is making a by-product of her finally sucking on blood? OR is she jealousy that Layla is going to have all the cool stuff now and she won't be anything special?
She might be jealous because Layla was playing with her dolly.
brasca wrote:If this was just a memory dump then why would everyone be reacting like they are regarding Layla? Aside from some dangerous knowledge Layla had to gain a lot of power in this resurrection for Blair to attempt to stake her. Moreover, Queen Lamia probably wouldn't want to be resurrected if she didn't have the same power she once did. It would actually be worse for someone with so many enemies whose descendants would want revenge and could now take it out on a vampire teenager. Layla is a vampire, but if the werewolf community knew they could beat up a powered down version of Lamia they'd take it.

Looks like Blair is literally and figuratively in the dog house now.
Because she's the Queen of the Vampires™, look at the way Dio reacted. She may or may not have gained power, but knowing how to use the powers she already has with far greater effect could alone be a game changer.

He should be glad, he's grown too big for Layla to send him down the bog with a wet suit and a scrubbing brush. Also, the whole thing where he swore to follow Layla anywhere may be a mitigating factor.
Varanus wrote:
Layla spake saying she'd received a thousand years worth of life experience when she briefly contemplated dropping out of school.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I am still under the impersion one or both parent knew Blair was trying to prevent this, and that why he been allowed to stay.
"Somebody just stake me now"

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Passing Through wrote: Since when is Layla fickle, what reason is there to think Lamia was fickle and how is she a batch? There's only one of her.
Byatch...not batch.

Layla grew up rather shallow, petty and despotic...Like Quintessa, still her alternate upbringing makes her a different person unless somehow the spell also suppresses any personality trait that is not purely quintessa-like which I doubt.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

crimzontearz wrote:Layla grew up rather shallow, petty and despotic.
Such as....? :-\

'cuz the one I've seen is aloof, snarky, and generally means well. About the worst that can said about her, is the way she treats Ace sometimes. Yet we've seen that they've gotten along to.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Passing Through wrote:Layla spake saying she'd received a thousand years worth of life experience when she briefly contemplated dropping out of school.
I see, though if she had anything like an empire for even a portion of that time it lends even more support to the theory that the flashbacks we've seen were later fabrications/exaggerations. That is if she was really such an unstoppable genocidal killer who wiped out any opposition for centuries then one would think human civilization would have been more heavily damaged and taken note of their time under her thumb. Otherwise it would be like humanity somehow forgetting the black plague.

I just can't imagine the Lamia we've seen since her rebirth doing any/many of the horrible things we've heard about her in the past.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Boob envy, popularity matters, cliquey, envious. Sure average teenage girl but in line with Quintessa's overall personality minus the extremes. I am not dissing Layla I am sating in spite of that she is not the same person and likely will not be even after the memory dump.

PukaPinball

Post by PukaPinball »

There's also the chance her parents are trying to cover their bums and did indeed know what Blair was up to. They can't exactly admit they allowed a spy in the house.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Do I even need to say how effed up the situation at the Delacroix household is...?

I'm rather unnerved to see Maria on the verge of grovelling. I thought she was tougher than this.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, lookee here, the great vampire parents have become servile servants.

Obviously both of them have been in on it.

Let's see if the info about Blair is truth or falsehood.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

PukaPinball wrote:There's also the chance her parents are trying to cover their bums and did indeed know what Blair was up to. They can't exactly admit they allowed a spy in the house.
If that were the case, Blair's right there within earshot. Wouldn't he have said they were lying about not knowing? Instead, his thoughts imply that his cover's been blown, which suggests they're telling the truth.
Error of Logic wrote:I'm rather unnerved to see Maria on the verge of grovelling. I thought she was tougher than this.
There's vampire hierarchy to consider, since it isn't uncommon to see children ruling over adults in (including their parents) in fiction. It's unclear whether Lamia was simply a vampire queen, or if she was the queen of vampire-kind. If it turns out to be the latter, it may be justified.