Magick Chicks 20-06-14 Do not hurt me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Magick Chicks 20-06-14 Do not hurt me

Post by Artemisia »

Cranium wrote:
Artemisia wrote:Cranium....what do you mean MUST be a Doctor Who fan?
Well figure since was talking about time travel in thread with @Gotoh and its 'use' in Magic Chicks I making a funny. I could have said Booster Gold (which by the way is my favorite superhero), Rip Hunter or Kang but who would even know who they are? Clearly Doctor Who is the most revered and known traveler of time.

I looked at the link you gave and laughed a bit after researching via internet Argos, Galifrey, Skaro! Seems those are Planets from Doctor Who are used as an incantation. Funny!!

@Gotoh once listed this. Forth panel Melissa goes all Weird with some alien language, so she may just need to tap into the wand for the knowledge to bend space and time, no need to know it herself. And last installment her eyes glowed and poof she got all Uber.
Well, Argos isn't, but Gallifrey is where The Doctor is from. It is currently stuck in a pocket parallel universe kind of like a cup o' soup. . .Skaro is the home planet of the Daleks (First seen in the 1963 serial The Daleks) and is little more than a ruin with giant statues of Dalek travel machines all across the planet. :)

I've been a fan of the series since I was, oh, seven or eight. I currently own four of the first five serials (the fourth one is completely lost), all but one of the first two seasons of the Fourth Doctor's run. The only adventure of the Eighth Doctor to be filmed (before Night of the Doctor), The 25th Anniversary Special The Five Doctors, and seasons 4 through 7 of the current series along with The Day of the Doctor and The Next Doctor.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Luxlucis wrote:Melissa does seem more powerful in her magical girl setup but maybe that is because she is so... determined?
I'm dying to see the next update.
Well, she pulled a variant of the force-field bubble to shield herself from Cerise in their battle drill here without a costume change.
Insectoid wrote:Well, that's a new one: instant chibi Ava! (I see Shou did tags today.)
Ava's first-ever tag! (I was so confused when people mentioned her last time - I never look at the cast page, because it's, well, fairly useless).
Cranium wrote:Do not think Ava knows where the six are either. What is Ava suppose to give for information?
Cerise conquered the school in one hour and been redecorating the school for the last two weeks? Guess we find more about that next installment. It be sorta funny if Ava said ... Me mind controlled ... that basically it ... Think Melissa get more information from Rain and Ninja club.
Well, she presumably knows the general "lay of the land"... but yeah. No reason to think she's going to know anything specific that will help.
Gotoh wrote:Mel doesn't have that ability. All she knows are glamour spells, enchantments, and attack magic.
Have we seen her do glamours, apart from the 60s hairstyle she inflicted on Cerise but didn't know how to revert? (And if she actually changed her hair, that wouldn't be a "true" glamour - i.e., illusion - anyway). Definitely looked like she was actually crying from her spell when she zapped herself to guilt Aceford into a date, and actually deboobed Layla that time (and then reverted when Brooke came in).
Gotoh wrote:However, I've just been reminded of something. Hecate told Cerise she'd know if Melissa was dead, because she would've felt her soul crossing the Styx. So it stands to reason that the same would apply to Jacqui, since she's a part of her Coven.
Well, although I don't believe Jacqui *is* dead, that's making an "absence of evidence is the same thing as evidence of absence" assumption. Jacqui wasn't mentioned since the conversation was entirely about Mel, so there's no evidence to be gleaned. Hekate might have felt her die and didn't think it was worth bringing up in the context of Cerise's tantrum, or knew she was alive but... didn't think it was worth bringing up in the context of Cerise's tantrum. Same result either way.
Gotoh wrote:Hecate and Cerise could probably do it to, except one doesn't care and the other might prefer to leave them stranded, to spite Mel.
Uh, Cerise was the one who ATTEMPTED TO KILL THEM ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE. Tiff was the only one there who she hadn't specifically, intentionally lured. And none of the council were friends with Mel at all - Cerise volcanoed them because she thought they would be threats to her, not to "spite Mel" (except maybe Callista. I still think Skye's fingerprints were on her being lured there. Even "light" Skye was willing to try and get between Cerise and Callie, after all - would it really be that surprising that she would want to make sure her rival was in the death group?

As for Jacqui... she was volcanoed because of this, I'd bet. If you're not with Cerise, you're against her.
CFT wrote:Yay, Melissa is back is back in top form! And employs her most succesful (100% success rate) tactic of the past: when in doubt, when questions need answers, when critical information must be acquired: Just. Abuse. Ava! (she must earn her cast page slot after all, she's been hogging it from Skye and others more worth it for years now! :p )
Well, let's see. I've already mentioned that the keywords are lacking in many respects (even notwithstanding recent strips, Mow/Tubby's tagged only twice and "Fade-Out Girl" has never been tagged. To be fair, neither had Ava until today, and she did appear a few times early on!), but here's the characters sorted by the number of tags they have (name/name means they've been tagged under multiple names or name variants), excluding EC main characters guest-appearing like Layla and Brooke and characters with fewer than six tags. Characters in bold are not on the cast page:
  1. Melissa/Mel (197+1)
  2. Cerise (149)
  3. Jacqui/April (122+6)
  4. Faith (120)
  5. Sandi (91)
  6. Tiffany/Tiff (83+7)
  7. Callista/Calista/Callie (58+3+4)
  8. Skye (49)
  9. Tandy/Tandi (37+1)
  10. Dakota (34)
  11. Anastasia (30)
  12. Leandro (28)
  13. Hekate (27)
  14. Gabrielle (22)
  15. Rain (22)
  16. Amelia (12)
  17. Ash (11)
  18. Veronique (10)
  19. Svetlana (9)
  20. Sparkle (8)
  21. Abby Jo/AJ (3+3)
  22. Chastity (6)
And also on the cast page...
  • Dusky (4)
  • Ava (1, but a few untagged appearances)
Actually, looking at this... I wonder about aborted plots. Tiffany vs. Cerise over the latter backstabbing Dusky never came up again after Tiff failed to get [strike]reveng--[/strike] Justice in the Cerise/Skye battle drill, for instance. And if he and Ava were on the cast page, you'd think there would have been some plans for them!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Zippy wrote:
Gotoh wrote:Mel doesn't have that ability. All she knows are glamour spells, enchantments, and attack magic.
Have we seen her do glamours, apart from the 60s hairstyle she inflicted on Cerise but didn't know how to revert? (And if she actually changed her hair, that wouldn't be a "true" glamour - i.e., illusion - anyway). Definitely looked like she was actually crying from her spell when she zapped herself to guilt Aceford into a date, and actually deboobed Layla that time (and then reverted when Brooke came in).
Right, and that's about as much as we've seen from her.

As you pointed out, she has trouble managing some those, such as not being able to undo what she did to Cerise's hair and having to wait for that crying spell she cast on herself to wear off on its own. So I'd find it hard to believe she could suddenly bend time like Cranium is suggesting.
Zippy wrote:Well, although I don't believe Jacqui *is* dead, that's making an "absence of evidence is the same thing as evidence of absence" assumption. Jacqui wasn't mentioned since the conversation was entirely about Mel, so there's no evidence to be gleaned.
No, it wasn't entirely about Mel. Cerise specifically asked "Skye" whether all the girls had been teleported, after Hecate had just told her she would have known whether Mel was dead, or not. Had Cerise been thinking clearly, at that moment, it should've occurred to her to ask Hecate (rather than "Skye") if she could also sense whether Jacqui was also alive. Which might've given her some idea of whether her spell had been on target.

The part about Jacqui being alive and Hecate knowing about it, is an assumption because I'm certain she is (alive) and that she (Hecate) does know it and has chosen not to say anything.
Zippy wrote:Uh, Cerise was the one who ATTEMPTED TO KILL THEM ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE.
"Uh", I'm aware of that, since I've been reading the comic. So I'm not sure why you felt to the need phrase it as if I haven't, let alone, caps lock it. :-\

My point was, if she finds out her spell missed, I wouldn't put it past her to leave them stranded where they are; especially since one of 'em happens to be Mel's best friend. And yes, she'd do it to spite Mel. If Cerise sees she can't beat her, she'll likely resort to the next-best thing, by hitting Mel where it hurts.

Or did you forget what drove her to down that vial in the first place? And the mini-rant she went on that effectively amounted to: 'I'll show you!' Why do you think she picked that fight with Mel? She heard one person utter her name and she couldn't stand it. So she decided she was gonna humiliate her in front of the entire school and even tried to cheat to stack the odds in her favor.

Spiting Mel is in her nature.
Last edited by Gotoh on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I really want to learn that spell.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Been thinking about Cerise (have a lot of time between installments) and found some older post before I began actively reading the posts (was reading the strip since day one). And found Poor Innocent Brother, that post for that is here.
@someone did a great job I believe on cleaning up what Jacqui said in the 3rd panel ...
someone wrote:"We weren't interested in boys then, just regular kid stuff. We got interested in them in grade school, about the same time we met Cerise. Cerise was the most popular girl in the class, which makes sense: she was the first girl that had her figure come in. Oh, all the boys flocked to her so Mel decided we should be friends with her, so that the boys would pay attention to us too. Later on when our figures came in, the boys got more interested in Melissa. I don't think Cerise ever forgave Melissa for that."
Now in order of being popular/interest in boys it is Cerise first (despite lack of success of sleeping with them), followed by Jacqui followed by Melissa.

So from Cerise view point she been used by Jacqui and Melissa and no thanks ever given to her. Despite she a year younger then the other two, her figure developed first. It is also likely that she the first to show witchcraft abilities first as well (but that not substantiated yet). While I can see her being upset she should never have resorted to plotting murder.

So Melissa owes Cerise "I am Sorry and Thank You". Sorta hoping for that in the end cause I not want Hecate to get her way. A 180̊ shift from my past posts/opinions. So with that ... Off with Hekate's Head ... all hail Ana ... :))
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

FAAAAAALCAWN PUUUUUNCH!!!! :))

Also, everyone needs a Chibi-Ava! :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Yeah! Shouri corrected Tandy's wording so she no longer IN the marble ... kewl! Did for sake of fun saved the page that showed IN instead of On. LOL
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Then again, the initial wording could have been Tandy losing her marbles.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

I thought she already did that... :p
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Cranium wrote:Yeah! Shouri corrected Tandy's wording so she no longer IN the marble ... kewl! Did for sake of fun saved the page that showed IN instead of On. LOL
Got a link? I didn't get to see the marble-swimming version.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

It was just a misspelling of one word—'in' the marble instead of 'on'.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

There you go!
Attachments
mc20140620inthemarble.png
mc20140620inthemarble.png (141.76 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Now if you can just dreg up the famous Blair lack of panty remark that I saved and then lost due to lost of hard drive ... LOL .... What a Haull!!!, I know the 5th panel said something else LOL
Grace head on Blair Body

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Gotoh wrote:
Zippy wrote:Uh, Cerise was the one who ATTEMPTED TO KILL THEM ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE.
"Uh", I'm aware of that, since I've been reading the comic. So I'm not sure why you felt to the need phrase it as if I haven't, let alone, caps lock it. :-\

My point was, if she finds out her spell missed, I wouldn't put it past her to leave them stranded where they are; especially since one of 'em happens to be Mel's best friend. And yes, she'd do it to spite Mel. If Cerise sees she can't beat her, she'll likely resort to the next-best thing, by hitting Mel where it hurts.

Or did you forget what drove her to down that vial in the first place? And the mini-rant she went on that effectively amounted to: 'I'll show you!' Why do you think she picked that fight with Mel? She heard one person utter her name and she couldn't stand it. So she decided she was gonna humiliate her in front of the entire school and even tried to cheat to stack the odds in her favor.

Spiting Mel is in her nature.
Sure. But the intended-for-a-volcano group fell into four or five categories:
1) Mel. 'Nuff said.
2) Jacqui. She'd recently had a fight with Jacqui because Jacqui "took Mel's side". Ergo, Jacqui wasn't on her side, she was against her, so had to be eliminated. This wasn't to spite Mel, if anything it was a "you should have picked me" at Jacqui herself (i.e., to spite JACQUI).
3) Tiff. An accident - Cerise apparently shared the CH principal's opinion of her, so no threat, and either didn't know or didn't care she's taken to hero-worshipping Mel recently. Ergo, she wasn't out to eliminate her in the first strike.
4) The Student Council. NONE of these get at Mel (at least no more than any random student) - Mel's had minimal interaction with anyone except Faith*, and the two of them have habitually been at odds. In no way can ANY of these be read as "to spite Mel" except "I beat Faith and you couldn't." And that is in and of itself a stretch considering she intended to eliminate both of them in one fell swoop. She went for them because they were a "strong-willed" group who might have caused trouble in her glorious empire. The possible exception here is...
      i] Callie. As I've said, it's kind of odd that she aimed to eliminate her, and I still think that might have been Skye's persuasion.

*Had Mel even MET any of the council except Faith, Callista or Sandi on-panel before the camping trip?
Schmorgluck wrote:Then again, the initial wording could have been Tandy losing her marbles.
Let's be fair - being left on the cold marble was probably the BEST immediate result. What would Mel have done - turn her back on Cerise? Chibify her as well? You don't move someone who's injured unless (a) you've ascertained it won't make their injuries worse or (b) they're in mortal danger if you DON'T. Getting Cerise away removes the immediate danger and gives her more time to heal.

This way, her ninjas (who she knows are in the vicinity, since she caught Becca's signal and responded) or Sandi can check up on her and move her with more care.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Zippy wrote:
Schmorgluck wrote:Then again, the initial wording could have been Tandy losing her marbles.
Let's be fair - being left on the cold marble was probably the BEST immediate result. What would Mel have done - turn her back on Cerise? Chibify her as well? You don't move someone who's injured unless (a) you've ascertained it won't make their injuries worse or (b) they're in mortal danger if you DON'T. Getting Cerise away removes the immediate danger and gives her more time to heal.

This way, her ninjas (who she knows are in the vicinity, since she caught Becca's signal and responded) or Sandi can check up on her and move her with more care.
?
????
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.