Eerie Cuties 18-06-14 Chapter 16 - From Teen to Queen

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Sk'thloq

Re: Eerie Cuties 18-06-14 Chapter 16 - From Teen to Queen

Post by Sk'thloq »

Hey, where's Maria's other hand? ;)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Caught in an awkward moment?
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Welp, you made Layla even more annoying.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Hurbster: In what way? All she did was ask a question. :-\

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She now sees herself as a queen and has the other-life memory to galvanize her in that perception of herself.
Before, all she had was conceit, which was tempered by teenage insecurity and a desire for friends.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I'm not actually seeing this as all that much of a change to be honest. Unless her power is entirely reliant on knowledge than Layla may still be decades away from having anything like Lamia's former clout. As for the social aspects, all she's got for modern teenage interactions is what she already had as just Layla. Really, outside of a few areas there's probably not a great carry-over in knowledge.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

If there were any doubts that Layla's a Toreador, this page dispelled them.
Artemisia wrote:Get 'chor tickets for the great pie fight! After all, anyone got a feeling we're about to have a fight between Cerise, Melissa and Layla...what next, Chloe is going to turn out to be the descendant of some long-lost Prince of Hell and insanely powerful?
I can't see Melissa and Layla having a pie fight. Maybe at a charity event...
Zippy wrote:Well, she seemed to realise that when Nina objected to her dropping out of CH. But it's certainly true that if she needs to build a powerbase from scratch as Layla Delacroix, that pushes any sort of grab at actual power decades beyond the timeframe of the strip. Especially given vampire lifespans, where she won't hit her "twenties" until her chronological fiftuies.

I don't know - what's notable so far is just how *little* she's changed in terms of personality and identity. Part of that seems to be hammering home that Layla was *always* Lamia - even when she didn't have the memories, the personality traits were still there. But part is stuff like her still calling Maria "mother" and "mom", and Eugene "dad" (while we don't know if Quintessa knew Maria, she *did* know Eugene), Kade her "darling" and being P.O.ed at Dio for his obvious crush on Nina (oh, and Ash!); which is all very much Layla-identity, not Lamia-identity.
Right, Layla isn't going to be founding the great Delacroix Empire any time soon.

The Layla situation puts me in mind of the 'deaths' of the immortals from El Goonish Shive. The same base personality, but with a thousand years worth of accumulated experience being lost. Until today, when it's all come rushing back. She's gone from girl to legend in a heartbeat. But right up until that moment, Lamia of old was, to all intents and purposes, gone.
brasca wrote:Seeing as how the resurrection would be opposed by certain groups like whoever Blair is associated with then it makes perfect sense. Layla has always had a high opinion of herself. Do you think she could keep the knowledge that she's the vessel of Queen Lamia a secret when lording over everyone else?
Yes, quite easily, please see her ability to maintain the masquerade for the entirety of her short life. And when did Layla ever go around lording?
Bambikles wrote:I'm also wondering if Lamia's resurrection completion didn't come too soon. Maybe Eugene (and Maria) wanted to wait for Layla to reach vampire adulthood before completing it. Lamia may have 1000 years of memory, she's still in the body of a teenager, with all the weaknesses, hormonal and physical, it implies.
Yeah, but that was going to be true of her for decades anyway thanks to the delayed aging of vampirekind mentioned by these naked Delacroix ladies. Even without the thousand years of Lamia she's just taken to the back of the head, she was going to be an adult in a teenaged girl's body before too long. Blair's incompetence just made that happen now, instead of in a few decades time.
Odd Man Out wrote:I'm not actually seeing this as all that much of a change to be honest. Unless her power is entirely reliant on knowledge than Layla may still be decades away from having anything like Lamia's former clout. As for the social aspects, all she's got for modern teenage interactions is what she already had as just Layla. Really, outside of a few areas there's probably not a great carry-over in knowledge.
I imagine Layla's just remembered a lot about using vampire powers effectively. And convincing others to follow. And being fabulous. But yes, this doesn't seem to be a great disrupting force of chaos and doom or anything.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

So when going from Teen to Queen ... then Charybdis Heights will in say a few years from now be no longer needed as a back drop (not like it been really much more then a way to introduce a new character when needed.) Perhaps sometime back in another post some one mention Eerie Hotties or some such ... after all how long can some of the cast remain cute? Just some random musings as the school becomes less important with each new story it seems.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Not much to say other than I love the expressions of everyone in this strip. That and I think the wrath of Nina has been postponed until some time later.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Nina is always adorable when she's mad. Even more so than usual, I mean.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Gotoh wrote:@bmleague99: How were they supposed to tell her?
  • Maria: (to younger Layla) "Listen sweetie, your father and I have something important to tell you: you know that evil b*tch you've been reading about in history class?"
  • Layla: "You mean, Queen Lamia? What about her?" :-\
  • Eugene: "What your mother's trying to say, pumpkin, is... that's you. Or was you, in your past life."
  • Maria: "Yes, you were killed in a horrifying manner, since the people didn't like you, dear. On the plus side, you were reborn as our daughter. So um... just don't raize anymore villages, kidnap and enslave innocent maidens, or slaughter would-be heroes again, and all should be dandy. Questions?" :)
  • Layla: ". . . . . . . !" :| :-T
I can't imagine many parents could break something like that to their daughter, and that's assuming she even believed them. Most kids would dismiss it as some sort of joke. So really, there probably wasn't any way to tell her. They probably figured it was best to let her find out on her on and explain things to her then.
"I'll give her the 'reincarnated evil queen' talk if you give her the 'birds and the bees' talk."

Parenting is hard.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick