Eerie Cuties 02-06-14 You sound like the doll

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

mittfh

Re: Eerie Cuties 02-06-14 You sound like the doll

Post by mittfh »

I'm really hoping Blair's wrong, and there is some Nina left. If they can prise her off Layla, force feed her the chocolate Ace brought along - that might be enough to cause Nina to resurface.

If only Mel was around - Nina could do with a decent blast of Friendship and Rainbows...

CFT

Post by CFT »

It's almost certain that Nina is still "in there" somewhere, but on the other hand I don't think ending this situation will be as easy as feeding her chocolate (or even hitting her with the wand's Care-Bare-stare ray).
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:( Please let Blair be wrong and them not need to kill Nina.

That one comment threw me off. I can't even smile at the other comments during today's strip. :(

At least they caught up to her. I'm still hoping for a peaceful resolution, but I have a bad feeling about this.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

CFT

Post by CFT »

If you truly believe there's the slightest chance the writers will kill Nina, then I think I have a bridge to sell you!* ;) B-)
*no offense meant, btw, I'm just exaggerating with comedic intent.

On the other hand, we do know with certainty that Blair does believe what he just said (as he was ready to act accordingly here). It just now falls upon Ace, Brooke and co. to prove to him how "friendship can beat the darkness" or something like that. :p

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Also Dio gets put even lower as a character when his first response isn't "What do you mean Nina's gone forever?!" but rather "why would we kill our queen?"

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I'd like to see Dio get staked while trying to defend his "queen". He is such a tool and can't accept the fact that Nina might like Ace more than him.

BTW I know they probably won't kill Nina. I think Blair needs to say this to motivate the others to find a better solution fast.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

UnsightlyWalrus wrote:
Hurbster wrote:I'm a little confused. This 'Nina drinks blood and turns into an evil vampire queen' came out of the blue. So, at any time during the life of the comic strip if she had tasted blood at all she would have turned into Queen Wossname ? And members of her family don't KNOW this ?
It's been a plot point for years now, actually. Not out of the blue. Here: http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/best_friend
"Plot point" is a bit strong. As far as I can see, this boils down to three things
1) Way back in 2009, in the colour strips, the flashbacks of Quintessa in three strips (#55, #57, #60) showed her with vaguely Nina-like hair, only darker (which actually hasn't been the case in the current arc - they've depicted her with solid black hair!)
2) In 2011, a one-page epilogue to B&W Chapter 4 showed Nina starting to wonder why she only took chocolate, and Blair apparently being willing to stake her if she'd kept the taste for blood that "Mina" had had.
3) A single panel at Nina's birthday party, where Blair worries if she's suddenly blood-hungry now she's 15, before Brooke shoots him down and the subject is changed.

Now, if you've been reading the forums all that time with it being (apparently) constantly brought up that's another thing, but the Queen hasn't even been mentioned in nearly five years and 500 strips/pages! And, on the same basis, the theories I saw when I was archive-binging the other week about what happened to Skye after MC #147, all apparently turning on a single panel of Mel speaking in tongues, are quite funny when you know it was Cerise all along! Wild Mass Guessing is like that.
brasca wrote:I'd like to know more about Blair's back story. It's one thing for him to be perverted comic relief, but if he had an important mission to prevent the resurrection of Queen Lamia he didn't take it very seriously since if all it would take is a taste of blood there were plenty of times that could have happened.
Moreover, what's up with the "The doll will lie to you" bit? That's... odd considering it doesn't seem to have had any effect on Ace taking Blair's words at face value whatsoever. What's it meant to be leading up to, since Blair appears to be just regurgitating what was said back in 2009 about the Queen's history so far.
crimzontearz wrote:Possibly because as Dio pointed out vampires would not want to prevent the return of their queen especially if she plans to pull a Germany circa 1936 and make vampires the new Übermenschen of the supernatural world
Yeah, but in the 1700s, these weren't around ;) [Scroll to 6:40 for the stake]

[Also, considerably wider variety of explosives, etc.]

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

No Blair believes that Nina is dead and only the Queen exists? Hmmm No more Nina? That dark, but since I can only deal with one darkness at a time, Magic Chicks needs to be resolved first (in my mind), not want over load my poor mind.
So school has a new student called Lamia?
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

CFT

Post by CFT »

No, the school - AND THE WORLD! - has a new Master, and that is Queen Lamia, if you please. Mwahahahahaha! :ymdevil:

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

its a good thing to keep in mind that Layla is still being bitten during all of this
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Tenjen wrote:its a good thing to keep in mind that Layla is still being bitten during all of this
After the "too young and not married" line, I think people might be a tad squicked at that.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Well instead of killing Lamia/Nina why not just defang her? That should solve some of problem about her getting a quick snack.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Blair is taking charge here, so all will be well.
Won't it?
;)

brasca

Post by brasca »

mittfh wrote:I'm really hoping Blair's wrong, and there is some Nina left. If they can prise her off Layla, force feed her the chocolate Ace brought along - that might be enough to cause Nina to resurface.

If only Mel was around - Nina could do with a decent blast of Friendship and Rainbows...
I think Blair's analysis of Nina's current state is as reliable as his ability as a guardian. He only had one job and it was easy enough to do. It's actually amazing it didn't happen sooner what with his perversions and tendency to irritate people who could destroy him.

Perhaps Blair knew about an attempted resurrection and sabotaged it so that Nina would only crave chocolate and not blood in a scenario similar to the origins of Count Duckula Duckula's resurrection was flawed by using ketchup instead of blood in the spell and returned as a vegetarian vampire and quite possibly Blair intentionally substituted chocolate sauce in a similar scenario.

People may not know what I'm talking about since Count Ducukula was a British cartoon from back in the 80s, but here's a link to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ZVWMPuZ2c

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but I'll take a stab at it.

I'll bet Kade was about to say "hot". :))

The Ace/Blair identity crisis continues to be hilarious.

So Dio gives us confirmation that Lamia was dead (or believed to be).

I hope Blair is wrong, and that there is still some Nina left to save. (Kind of like Luke insisting that Darth Vader still had good in him...)

I'm not particularly surprised that Dio supports the idea of Lamia returning, given his attitude towards non-vampires. Someone has to oppose Ace/Blair, after all, or there wouldn't be much of a conflict.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.