Eerie Cuties 23-04-14 Awesome monster movie

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Eerie Cuties 23-04-14 Awesome monster movie

Post by Gotoh »

crimzontearz wrote:right, if so then either he is too dumb to listen to Brooke supportive encouragement OR she was never supportive on the matter
Or, maybe the unfairness of the situation was more than either could bear. Ace found himself having to go through puberty a second time, when he shouldn't have had to. Which was, no doubt, frustrating for him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he thought Brooke might leave him because of it.

So trying to convince himself (and Brooke) that he was due for the spurt any day now might've been his way of trying salvage their relationship. She might've been supportive, at first, but hearing him repeatedly go on about the growth spurt was probably just as frustrating for her - 'til she finally reached her wits end.
crimzontearz wrote:not to mention that it sounds like Brooke was impatient about it
Had she walked out the next day, or even a week later, that would have been impatient. Sticking with someone for four months is reasonable, especially for a 15 year old.

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Artemisia wrote:Sigh...I didn't like the whole jealousy thing out of Ace and just wanted to give him a hit on the noggin for it. I said that before. I still do support him and Nina :)
then only brooke has the right to be jealous?
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

brooke's been getting plenty of hate from others.
Yet still, I live...

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

After thinking about this, I think it be funny if Ace persona is in body of Blair and he now very small really feels the need to act to resolve the situation.
1) why did the lights go out? Who has him grabbed? (or maybe he laying on theater floor). Recover the head so he can see and in for shock as he now in Blair's Body.
2) convince Brook/Nina that mind switcheroo has occurred.
3) Quick! Doll Body Ace needs a new hair style off to Witche's Beaty Parlor for a change of hair style, and doll body gets a dark hair pixie style hair cut :))
LOL I know it wrong but just had to make merge pics of Blair and GrAce LOL
4) Hopefully the rest of theater goers have called ambulance for Tabitha ... poor girl dying and no one helping/or just fainted due to blood loss.
Last edited by Cranium on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Gotoh wrote:
crimzontearz wrote:right, if so then either he is too dumb to listen to Brooke supportive encouragement OR she was never supportive on the matter
Or, maybe the unfairness of the situation was more than either could bear. Ace found himself having to go through puberty a second time, when he shouldn't have had to. Which was, no doubt, frustrating for him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he thought Brooke might leave him because of it.

So trying to convince himself (and Brooke) that he was due for the spurt any day now might've been his way of trying salvage their relationship. She might've been supportive, at first, but hearing him repeatedly go on about the growth spurt was probably just as frustrating for her - 'til she finally reached her wits end.
crimzontearz wrote:not to mention that it sounds like Brooke was impatient about it
Had she walked out the next day, or even a week later, that would have been impatient. Sticking with someone for four months is reasonable, especially for a 15 year old.
Assuming the results were from magic, as stated in comic, it would be for the first time. Going through one puberty seems fair to me. Of course, some people are more than happy to go through a second one.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Cranium wrote:3) Quick! Doll Body Ace needs a new hair style off to Witche's Beaty Parlor for a change of hair style, and doll body gets a dark hair pixie style hair cut :))
LOL I know it wrong but just had to make merge pics of Blair and GrAce LOL
The horror...The horror ! =))

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Glad you liked it Bambikles. If it just you liking it then it was worth the effort to post it.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

I don't get why Gotoh (and others) is so fixed on Ace being possessed. There is as of yet nothing that really supports that theory.
The iceman cometh

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Maybe, Maybe not. But Ace sure seems to be acting more like Blair then Ace. Guess that is why nearly everyone one thinking that way. It is what I thought just reading this installment of Eerie Cuties. It might yet be that a little bit of Blair will rub off on everyone and it not true possession. Till the next installment, guess we all can do is have fun guessing what is happening.
Last edited by Cranium on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grace head on Blair Body

CFT

Post by CFT »

Iceman wrote:I don't get why Gotoh (and others) is so fixed on Ace being possessed. There is as of yet nothing that really supports that theory.
There's no definite proof, of course, but if you really consider the exact words and actions* of "Ace" in this update you would find out that they don't "fit" his personality AT ALL, but instead they fit both Blair's personality and his "role" (as a guardian of whatever bad is inside Nina) to a T. It's dead certain to me (If I were a gambling man, I would honestly bet a lot on that being the case).

*to reiterate, here are those words and action (in order of importance as clues):
- Ace would NEVER just try to "steal a kiss" like that (he wasn't that confident in himself even with Tia's boost), especially while such a serious situation is going on. Blair on the other hand would both NOT miss such a chance, and he proved how easily distracted by the "sexy" he is just a few pages ago.
- The phrase "now I have to TRACK her down and CLEAN UP YOUR MESS" doesn't fit Ace either. Ace would say "now WE have to FIND her" instead, while from Blair's side it makes sense to say that (including the "tracking" part) because Nina is HIS RESPONSIBILITY (his "mission"). Also, talking to Brooke as if she's just a "meddling kid" (the "clean up your mess" and "you heard me!" parts) fits more to a pissed off Blair than to Ace.
- The same (treating her like a kid) applies to the previous phrase ("this is all your fault"), PLUS the fact that Ace DOESN'T blame Brooke for cutting his lips on Nina, but Blair DOES blame Brooke for distracting him (got him "scrambled"). Ace WAS distracted also by the kissing, but that has nothing to do with the situation so there's no blame to throw around if it's really him talking.
- Moreover, it doesn't fit Ace to use the phrase "you and your LESBIAN kissing", while Blair would say that.
- Finally, the first panel's Ace seems incredibly confused (even more so that it would be expected from just the flash of bright light) and fits with the theory that the disorientation is instead due to Blair finding himself in another body (especially since he probably didn't know that this could happen).

In a strip like EC (where body switching is like taking the bus), I find it far more plausible that we have a case of possession than assuming the writers suddenly forgot how Ace behaves and talks and turned him into a bad-mouthing, false-accusing, pervert instead.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

mikbuster wrote:Assuming the results were from magic, as stated in comic, it would be for the first time. Going through one puberty seems fair to me. Of course, some people are more than happy to go through a second one.
I meant in the sense that he had more or less skipped past puberty. Ace was happy just to able to touch things normally again, even though he was in a girl's body at the time. Then Tia eventually came along and undid it. So now he's back where he used to be, with no one taking him seriously again. From Ace's perspective, that seems unfair, 'cuz he's being forced to go through the same thing twice.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Cranium wrote:It might yet be that a little bit of Blair will rub off on everyone
Quelle horreur ! I hope it doesn't happen ! :ympray:

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

where is tia now anyway? having her run into nina in her current state could be very interesting.
Yet still, I live...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Iceman wrote:I don't get why Gotoh (and others) is so fixed on Ace being possessed. There is as of yet nothing that really supports that theory.
Everything in this strip points at Ace being possessed by Blair, especially the he talks and acts.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

:\ @ puppy's behaviour. Blair does not fit in well in other bodies
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?