Eerie Cuties 16-04-14 We have to contain me before I

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TBeholder
BANNED

Re: Eerie Cuties 16-04-14 We have to contain me before I

Post by TBeholder »

Bambikles wrote:
I suspect Nina is using Blair as a weapon. Once everyone's down, she can feed and enthrall to her hearts content. And if she pulls that off? She may be able to hypnotise Brooke and the puppy into thinking they forced chocolate down her throat and have them convince Blair once his head's back on... if that'll do him any good.
As I said before, it is unlikely that Vamping-out Nina knows things normal Nina doesn't.
...and didn't even demonstrate ability to think coherently enough to be able to speak while in this state.
Passing Through wrote:Is it? She isn't acting the way Layla acted while she was in bloodlust. She snapped out of it after a drink and some soothing words for one thing.
Nina didn't have either yet, even "drink" part was interrupted. So what the difference is supposed to be?..
Passing Through wrote: If Nina is, in fact, the reincarnation of Queen Lamia Asra-Pa Quintessa... who knows what memories from her past life have rushed in with the taste of blood?
In other words, this hypothesis explicitly "justifies" any thin air-pull at all? /:)
Passing Through wrote: Also, it would be a bad idea to let her play with a bomb without knowing not to set it off, why presume she doesn't already know what happens when you break the dolly?
Telling the target "Sorry, we have booby trapped your wardrobe"? :-? I don't know, those guys of course are still Canadians, but they try to imitate Americans... :ymdevil:
Last edited by TBeholder on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

It seems Blair is having a blast, but he's not having fun.
;)

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

TBeholder wrote:...and didn't even demonstrate ability to think coherently enough to be able to speak while in this state.

Nina didn't have either yet, even "drink" part was interrupted. So what the difference is supposed to be?..

In other words, this hypothesis explicitly "justifies" any ass-pull?

Telling the target "Sorry, we have booby trapped your wardrobe"? :-? I don't know, those guys of course are still Canadians, but they try to imitate Americans... :ymdevil:
She recognised her name when spoken and responded to it. She's taking action as a result of that whilst ignoring the blood. That's quite aware enough for me and bears no comparison to the state her sister Alucardia 'fluffy bunny' Delacroix was in.

I'm sorry, did you somehow miss the part about the close enough to kitty girl having lost a lot of blood? Tell me, where, exactly, do you think it went?

Reincarnation does traditionally bring with it memories of past lives.

And why, pray tell, do you presume this is a trap? Never mind that they'd have no way of knowing that she'd rip Blair's head off, consider the risks of Nina or Layla realeasing Blair by accident...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Passing Through wrote:That's quite aware enough for me and bears no comparison to the state her sister Alucardia 'fluffy bunny' Delacroix was in.[/b]
I'd hardly describe this as "fluffy". Had Layla not recognized she was feedng on Tiffany and come back to her senses, that might've been a lot worse, since we have no way of knowing how long she would have remained like that
Passing Through wrote:Reincarnation does traditionally bring with it memories of past lives.
True, but reincarnation traditionally requires the death of that person's previous life. And, so far, there hasn't been any mention of Queen Lamia's death. So it's possible she could still be alive - somewhere.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Passing Through wrote:She recognised her name when spoken and responded to it.
So does fish in some cases. But did she truly recognize name or simply that someone yells at her?
Passing Through wrote: She's taking action as a result of that whilst ignoring the blood. That's quite aware enough for me
Swatting an irritant away does not rate very high for me. A cow can do it to flies while walking and chewing.
Passing Through wrote:I'm sorry, did you somehow miss the part about the close enough to kitty girl having lost a lot of blood?
Nope. I noticed the part about Tabby being scared by this sudden bite. She's a little too loud and active for dying...
Passing Through wrote:Tell me, where, exactly, do you think it went?
...but if Tabby is indeed still bleeding - mostly on the floor.
Passing Through wrote:Reincarnation does traditionally bring with it memories of past lives.
Any concept that "explains" anything at all traditionally elicits laughter or mockery - q.v. "solipsism". :)
Passing Through wrote:And why, pray tell, do you presume this is a trap? Never mind that they'd have no way of knowing that she'd rip Blair's head off, consider the risks of Nina or Layla realeasing Blair by accident...
If Blair attacks a feral vampire, being torn apart is a very likely outcome. It's somehow not obvious?

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

TBeholder wrote:If Blair attacks a feral vampire, being torn apart is a very likely outcome. It's somehow not obvious?
A plastic eating vampire? I'm not going to dignify that with a response. As for the rest, I will again note that the intrinsic fluffiness of Alucardia stands as contrast to Nina's rampage. And Tiffany was bouncing around on roof tops while Layla was still bedridden after that particular incident.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Doesn't saying, "I'm not going to dignify that with a response." count as a response? :p
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

ManaUser

Post by ManaUser »

epiphyte wrote:My guess is that Blair is the Holiday Spirit of Valentine's Day, and was thus able to transform Nina's vampiric instincts into a craving for chocolate. Him manifesting his true form in a dark cinema full of couples would devastate the PG rating of this comic.
Wrong holiday. We learned very early on that Nina was born on Easter. Therefore, Blair is clearly none other than Jesus Christ!

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Passing Through wrote:
TBeholder wrote:If Blair attacks a feral vampire, being torn apart is a very likely outcome. It's somehow not obvious?
A plastic eating vampire? I'm not going to dignify that with a response.
I am going to dignify this. Of course, the responce being "if you start eating keyboard when going feral, this doesn't mean vampires do the same", it's not much on dignifying side, really. :p

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Tako wrote:
Gotoh wrote:
Tako wrote:I'm not saying that everybody knows, just that many people knows. Outsiders like the guy with the camera probably listen some rumour now and then and try to find the truth.

As a matter of fact, knowing that there are rumours about the monster school floating around, that people constantly suffer from fainting, memory holes, anemia and misterious punctures in their necks, and that there are many kids with funny body parts (and all of them wear the same uniform), it's almost impossible that humans haven't noticed it.
It doesn't seem like it, since we've repeatedly seen that they've taken measues to ensure the victims don't remember anything afterward. So who would they tell? And how often does anyone exaine someone else's neck closely enough to notice a pair of pin-pricks? :-\
Somebody is bound to notice that all those people who faint and suffer anemia and memory loss have holes in their necks. There are three blood drinking vampires among the Delacroix's (not counting Dio, who is a recent addition), and they eat every day at least once. That means 1095 attacks per year, probably twice as much, if they feed twice per night. Statiscally speaking, people is bound to notice.

Heck, Layla has been repeatedly attacking the same big-busted girl recently...she is bound to go to the doctor and have a physical examination.
Gotoh wrote:That's assuming they've ever seen anyone like that. Cerise even speculated that the students at Artemis had probably never seen a real monster before; including the student elite. Which we knew was wrong, since Tiffany and Faith are among the student elite and both of them had seen Layla, by that time, and knew she was a vampire.
But they do meet monsters. Layla buys clothes at the same shops were Tiff works, and hunts at the same park were Faith takes her dogs for walks. Brooke found Dio and Ash kissing at that same park. Layla, Kade, Dio and Tiff went to dinner at Ash's family's restaurant. It took Tiff only a few minutes to walk from Charybdis HS to her house. Mel went walking from her house to Artemis Academy her first day of school.

It's impossible that they don't meet monsters all the time.
Gotoh wrote:But there's also the fact they'd been attending school with three witches for several months, and there was nothing out of the ordinary about them (i.e. no horns, wings, etc.).
I'm not speaking about the three witches; those are undetectable unless they choose not to be so. I'm speaking about how neither the students from Artemis Academy, nor those from Apollo have noticed that they live in a town with hundreds of monster residents. The only explanation for they not noticing it, despite explicitly studing what to watch for, is comedic ineptitude...like Tiff walking on a Hekatean shrine and believing that is a school project, or neither Ash nor Faith noticing Brooke's and Layla's slitted pupils, despite having studied monster biology.
Gotoh wrote:Just as we've seen Layla and her friends go out shopping and dine at public restaurants and no one's noticed anything unusual about them either. Certainly not anything that would suggest they were monsters. :-??

Which is why Faith didn't realize Layla was a vampire until she bit her. and Ash didn't realize Brooke was a cryptid until she snaked out on him. So if even monster hunters in training fail to notice anything unusual about them, how would the general public realize what they were seeing? Or even know they exist?
Answer: Comedic ineptitude.

Even if normal people didn't notice Layla's and Dio's fangs and slitted pupils, people like Ash and Faith should notice it. Ash didn't notice that the guy he was dating (and smooching) would never go out before the sunset, and had slitted pupils and pointed fangs. Comedic incompetence.

But while rule of funny dictates that the "monster hunters" won't notice the monsters in front of their noses, it would be even funnier if many muggles were aware of the monsters but pretended not to be so.
Specifically: As a matter of fact, knowing that there are rumours about the monster school floating around, that people constantly suffer from fainting, memory holes, anemia and misterious punctures in their necks, and that there are many kids with funny body parts (and all of them wear the same uniform), it's almost impossible that humans haven't noticed it. It's most probable that the 'special kids' have their own doctor. You wouldn't send your vampire son to the regular dentist because 1) your teeth are different and 2) they'll kill your son. You try to be a bit more subtle.

On top of that, have you ever been to a hospital before? What you're describing (a rash of fainting people, amnesiacs, anemia, mysterious wounds from people who won't admit what happened, etc.) isn't anything special; it's a slow Tuesday morning. Even the most outlandish of explanations ("I wasn't poisoning my neighbor's dogs at the time, it was a random chipmunk attack, really.") are more legitimate sounding than a doctor saying, "Hm, this victim has had an accident and lost a lot of blood. Vampires exist." You need something extremely reliable and unfalsifiable before the outlandish becomes practical.

Simply put, even if you had a real live vampire in a cage and a live studio audience, even if you made one POOF into ashes in the sunlight, a majority of the people would go home not believing that vampires exist and all the evidence you would have is a non-descript pile of ashes and a reputation for looniness.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. B-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Basically, my post is to clarify just how difficult it is to prove a secret. You have to provide significant proof. On top of that? If it's something verging on the unbelievable? You need even more proof.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

May I add, Nick, that you need to bleed quite a lot to become anaemic, and small puncture wounds on veins heal rather quickly. Such vampire attack would easily go unnoticed.
The iceman cometh

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Well, not on jugular... but we have seen that on Tiffany and Brooke bite marks regenerated rather quickly.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Perhaps vampire bites in general heal unnaturaly quickly. Kinda like a natural mechanism to help keep your prey supply alive.