Eerie Cuties 14-04-14 We need chocolate stat

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TBeholder
BANNED

Re: Eerie Cuties 14-04-14 We need chocolate stat

Post by TBeholder »

Indeed.
Bambikles wrote:But Kujo never broke Blair, as far as we know...
Could be fun if the "we" was Blair and Kujo. 8-}
So... a conspiracy involving werewolves? :O3
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

'J' wrote:yeah, you'd think she was 14 years old or something.

:|
Actually, she's 15 now. Aside from that, agreed.

Also, looking at that strip again, Blair's dialog in the first two panels further suggests that Nina may simply be going though vampiric puberty.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Bambikles wrote:But Kujo never broke Blair, as far as we know...
Could be fun if the "we" was Blair and Kujo. 8-}
I always think of this, though: http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/now_come_kujo%21
The iceman cometh

timeline

Post by timeline »

So personally, I would love to see this get real. Have Nina slice Ace like a bagel and have him be OK only because he is a werewolf. I know EC is more humor side but it would be nice to have some sort of dark undercurrent. (not just on Nina but on all of them. These are traditional bad guys. They at least need to overcome whats expected of there race and become there own good people.)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I dont think Brooke has any business making Ace feel guilty for being on a date with Nina. However, I can understand Brook's ire with him, too. (true, - they called off their relationship. However, what kind of guy breaks up with his girlfriend and starts dating her best friend? It's an incredibly tasteless thing for a guy to do; as it could potentially make things very awkward between the girls; potentially ruining their friendship).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:However, what kind of guy breaks up with his girlfriend and starts dating her best friend? It's an incredibly tasteless thing for a guy to do; as it could potentially make things very awkward between the girls; potentially ruining their friendship).
That wasn't by choice, Ace got pressured into that (why does everybody keep forgetting that?). If Neige and Sorbet hadn't put him on the spot, he probably wouldn't have asked Nina out. He wasn't trying to ruin Brooke's friendship witn Nina, he just didn't want to hurt Nina's feelings.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Fluffy wrote:However, what kind of guy breaks up with his girlfriend and starts dating her best friend? It's an incredibly tasteless thing for a guy to do; as it could potentially make things very awkward between the girls; potentially ruining their friendship).
a 14 year old guy? one who doesn't know any better yet?
Yet still, I live...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'm not saying guys are not clueless at that age; I'm just saying I can understand why Brooke would be pissed over his dating/kissing Nina.

The guy is violating the Girl Code. Doesn't matter if he's aware that he's doing it or not. For alot of girls, the Girl Code is sacred and they expect guys to know that it exists - and to respect it. (is it fair to assume he knows? Of course not. But - 15 year old girls are just as clueless as 14 year old boys in some cases).
Gotoh wrote:
That wasn't by choice, Ace got pressured into that (why does everybody keep forgetting that?). If Neige and Sorbet hadn't put him on the spot, he probably wouldn't have asked Nina out. He wasn't trying to ruin Brooke's friendship witn Nina, he just didn't want to hurt Nina's feelings.
Please, don't use the kids and Nina as a scapegoat for Ace's decisions. They didn't tie him down and force him to agree to a date/kiss at the risk of losing life or limb if he refused to co-operate.

And what about the date itself? Who told him to buy her chocolate? To compliment her? To welcome her snuggling up to him or to kiss her? No one but Ace himself.

Ace always had a choice. He could have told Neige and Sorbet to keep their noses out of his business and told Nina that he still loves Brooke and only considers Nina as his friend and nothing else; but chose not to, because at heart, he's a coward.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:Please, don't use the kids and Nina as a scapegoat for Ace's decisions. They didn't tie him down and force him to agree to a date/kiss at the risk of losing life or limb if he refused to co-operate.
Now you're being unreasonable.

How many people do you think wouldn't cave to that kind of pressure at that age? Ace got corraled, plain 'n simple. If he hadn't consented to that kiss, and if he hadn't asked Nina out, her feelings would have been hurt and he would looked like a douche for doing it (regardless of his good intentions) and you know it.

That situation was completely unfair to Ace.
Fluffy wrote:And what about the date itself? Who told him to buy her chocolate? To compliment her? To welcome her snuggling up to him or to kiss her? No one but Ace himself.
Treating her with a chocolate bar was an act of courtesy. It's a given that if a guy takes a girl out, it's supposed to be his treat. Likewise, they're expected to at least bring some sort of gift. Ace chose chocolate 'cuz it's something he knows she likes.
Fluffy wrote:Ace always had a choice. He could have told Neige and Sorbet to keep their noses out of his business and told Nina that he still loves Brooke and only considers Nina as his friend and nothing else.
You can't honestly mean to tell me you thought Ace could've gotten away with that. Much less, without Neige and Sorbet thinking he was a jerk.
Fluffy wrote:but chose not to, because at heart, he's a coward.
At heart, he's a nice guy who doesn't want to hurt anybody. It's his best quality, but also his biggest character flaw.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Fluffy wrote:The guy is violating the Girl Code. Doesn't matter if he's aware that he's doing it or not. For alot of girls, the Girl Code is sacred and they expect guys to know that it exists - and to respect it.
Again, allow me to point out that -assuming the validity of this "Girl Code"*- Brooke was the first one to brake it by agreeing to Ace's advances and becoming his girlfriend in the first place. And using the excuse that Brooke didn't know Nina's feelings towards Ace isn't working very much either, given that Brooke and Ace were very clearly trying to keep their relationship secret from Nina and were not much surprised when she broke into tears after seeing them together. They either knew or heavily suspected Nina's feelings.
*in my opinion, Brooke did good becoming Ace's girlfriend, and does bad here (though, as I said I can understand her feelings, but they are still the wrong reaction). So, obviously I'm not a big fan of girls following such "codes". ;)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I dont think Brooke has any business making Ace feel guilty for being on a date with Nina. However, I can understand Brook's ire with him, too. (true, - they called off their relationship. However, what kind of guy breaks up with his girlfriend and starts dating her best friend? It's an incredibly tasteless thing for a guy to do; as it could potentially make things very awkward between the girls; potentially ruining their friendship).

(...)

The guy is violating the Girl Code. Doesn't matter if he's aware that he's doing it or not. For alot of girls, the Girl Code is sacred and they expect guys to know that it exists - and to respect it. (is it fair to assume he knows? Of course not. But - 15 year old girls are just as clueless as 14 year old boys in some cases).
I'm... I'm aghast. Aren't the guys supposed to be the ones who always feel entitled ? :-??

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Not according to Mr.Wolfhart, he stated It's Always The Man's Fault. And he a fully grown werewolf LOL.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

He knows the drill.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:Now you're being unreasonable.
I'm stating my opinion. It's unreasonable to have an opinion that doesn't reflect everyone elses?
How many people do you think wouldn't cave to that kind of pressure at that age?
Plenty! Because some people can be (and are) assholes - even at that age.
Ace got corraled, plain 'n simple. If he hadn't consented to that kiss, and if he hadn't asked Nina out, her feelings would have been hurt and he would looked like a douche for doing it (regardless of his good intentions) and you know it.
It's called a cliche. And that's what the writers chose to go with. But, just because it's a common occurrence in teen dramas doesn't mean that all teenagers all over the world follow that cliche when placed in that situation.

And really, if Ace chose to stand his ground and refused to kiss/take Nina out on a date, it wouldn't have been the first time that Ace would have come off as looking like a douche - and *you* know it.
That situation was completely unfair to Ace.
When did I say it was?

It was unfair to him; but he could have said no - and didn't, due to cowardess (i.e. - plot convenience).
You can't honestly mean to tell me you thought Ace could've gotten away with that. Much less, without Neige and Sorbet thinking he was a jerk.
Without looking like a jerk, no. But there are times where people need to stand up for themselves and not cater to the whims of children who don't understand the situation - regardless of how it makes them look in the end. Yes, he would have looked like a jerk if he stood his ground; but Neige and Sorbet - no matter what the decision would have been - would still look like meddling brats.
At heart, he's a nice guy who doesn't want to hurt anybody. It's his best quality, but also his biggest character flaw.
Because being seen as a spineless sap is so much better than looking like a decisive jerk.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Fluffy wrote:
Gotoh wrote:Now you're being unreasonable.
I'm stating my opinion. It's unreasonable to have an opinion that doesn't reflect everyone elses?

Yes. Welcome to the internet. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.