Eerie Cuties 09-04-14 Everything we feared

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cranium

Re: Eerie Cuties 09-04-14 Everything we feared

Post by Cranium »

I will have to concur with @CTF that Blair has been in the Delacroix for likely a very long time, a lot more then 16 years. It might even be a prison for Blair and that he was previously a Witch/Vampire hunter cursed to be a doll or some such. And that the Delacroix are his wards to keep him out of trouble cause if he escapes his doll body he might then be even worst trouble then Nina the Merciless, with Mr. Boodles (Ace) at her side. Of course this is all speculation and more updates will see how this all plays out.
I doubt this story arc will last 6 months or more with Nina totally out of control (unlike Magic Chicks, where we are left in a lurch about the fate of the 6 missing children for the last 6 months, or so).
Gotoh wrote:There's been no mention of (Queen Lamia) death. Ever. That means there's a possibility that she can still be alive somewhere. So how can Nina be her reincarnation? Also, according to Nina, her dad knew Queen Lamia. Wouldn't it seem kinda odd that he wouldn't recognize that his old friend had somehow reincarnated as his youngest daughter?
+2 awesomeness to @Gotoh and @CTF!
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Bambikles wrote:Mmmm. But if some people were so scared of the return of the Vampire Queen, why not kill Nina just after she was born ? I mean, if they're so sure she and only she can be the second coming of the Queen, to the point of putting her under scrutiny, why take this risk of letting her live ?
Exactly. And if those aren't vampires themselves, most other players we know won't have much problem with offing her head-on or in "horrible accident", and since Blair is involved, they had whole 15 years worth of opportunities. And then, there's magic - e.g. she could wear an accessory that would immobilize her before any trouble really started. Hence, the idea was something other than "preventing ZOMGHORROR". Right?
This leaves us with a vampire who was obviously doomed to make a scene of exactly this sort, as likely as not on public, and someone who wanted to wait until this moment rather than somehow prevent it. It just fits together, no?
CFT wrote:Good questions. Speculation: maybe they are benevolent to a fault (and don't want to kill a teenager unless they absolutely cannot avoid it or they don't believe in preemptive strikes).
Ahh... and who those would be? :))
If we agree they can't be Delacroix, the only possibility is "other vampires": they don't want an eternal feud but would be inclined to overestimate danger of a single vampire. Which returns us to Dio and his relatives possibly about to visit the town after their little talk - but this in turn would introduce another player manipulating these events.
But if Blair's curator is anyone else, the only version left that fits all we have seen so far is mine. That is: a fairly transparent provocation from those self-congratulatory, panty raiding... /:)
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Gotoh wrote:A better question is: how can Lamia be reborn without dying first?

There's been no mention of her death. Ever. That means there's a possibility that she can still be alive somewhere. So how can Nina be her reincarnation?

Also, according to Nina, her dad knew Queen Lamia. Wouldn't it seem kinda odd that he wouldn't recognize that his old friend had somehow reincarnated as his youngest daughter?
That's another hypothesis: Nina is and has always been Queen Lamia in sleep mode size, put in it by some hero X years ago. I like this idea. Its weak point is of course what would she have been doing before the last 15 years ?

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

It makes even less sense. And "because she SHORTFORM INVERSION HONEYPOT'd" doesn't add much, to say the least. ;)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

*Drinks coffee, starts to read thread, goes back for more coffee*

You guys are killing me with all this Nina speculation on being (or not being) the vampire queen. Lets keep it to the facts.

Blair fears Nina will be bad if she gets a taste for blood. Nina has tasted blood and has begun to act feral. Blair is desperate to stop Nina from going too far and is hoping to change her back.

That is what we can see here for sure. Beyond that we have allusions and speculation to Nina's birth being special. She is a threat in the here and now and has to be dealt with. At the very least she has not been shown how to control her more animal instincts when she drinks blood. That problem might be solved but not until she can be calmed down.

I really hope that this is just her growing up and not becoming some kind of evil blood sucking machine. :ympray:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

knuclear200x

Post by knuclear200x »

"Everything WE feared"? What's going on?! WHAT AM I MISSING?!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FlashD81 wrote:That is what we can see here for sure. Beyond that we have allusions and speculation to Nina's birth being special. She is a threat in the here and now and has to be dealt with. At the very least she has not been shown how to control her more animal instincts when she drinks blood. That problem might be solved but not until she can be calmed down.

I really hope that this is just her growing up and not becoming some kind of evil blood sucking machine. :ympray:
That's what I'm thinking.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Sooo, here's my theory: yeah, Nina is probably the reincarnation of the legendary Vampire Queen but, how did she die if she was so powerful? My theory: she was slain by a heroic werewolf, so strong even among his kind he could fight the queen on equal terms. And Ace happens to be the reincarnation of that werewolf. When Nina starts losing control, Ace will subconsciously awake his latent power, and the presence of his former slayer will send the queen's personality back into slumber. So Ace will have to become Nina's guardian.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

FlashD81 wrote:You guys are killing me with all this Nina speculation on being (or not being) the vampire queen.
Well, yes, but... as fanwank running in circles goes, this case is pretty tame and almost to the point. Compared to that, for example. Yeth? =))
FlashD81 wrote:Lets keep it to the facts.
Blair fears Nina will be bad if she gets a taste for blood. Nina has tasted blood and has begun to act feral. Blair is desperate to stop Nina from going too far and is hoping to change her back.
That is what we can see here for sure. Beyond that we have allusions and speculation to Nina's birth being special.
What "speculations"? She's a vampire who could not drink blood (until now) - at all.
Though this leads to interesting questions about baby vampires, of course.
FlashD81 wrote: She is a threat in the here and now and has to be dealt with. At the very least she has not been shown how to control her more animal instincts when she drinks blood. That problem might be solved but not until she can be calmed down.
Ah, but someone (presumably the unnamed parties with whom Blair bands together under "we") expected some sort of a trouble. And even knew when. This is curious and... open to interpretations, shall we say.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that all of these theories are incorrect. I'll bet anything the truth is something far more awesome than anything any of us could ever come up with.

Also, LarsenSan, for reasons I can't put my finger on, your avatar freaks me the f**k out.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

LarsenSan wrote:Sooo, here's my theory: yeah, Nina is probably the reincarnation of the legendary Vampire Queen but, how did she die if she was so powerful? My theory: she was slain by a heroic werewolf, so strong even among his kind he could fight the queen on equal terms.
Hmmm like the Mighty King Lupus The Wolfhearted? So that heroic werewolf would have to defeat Mr. Boodles AND Legendary Vampire Queen! Sweet! I think it be nice to know the Werewolves have such a champion, but currently as far as is known is that Ace (the Mutt) and his kin lost the war.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Gotoh wrote:Also, according to Nina, her dad knew Queen Lamia. Wouldn't it seem kinda odd that he wouldn't recognize that his old friend had somehow reincarnated as his youngest daughter?
Nope. Nothing weird at all. Quit spouting this like it was obvious. It's not. There's no reason we know why he would be able to recognize her.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Yeah but the war ended in a way or another. That is, there are still werewolves. In the same idea, Queen Lamia didn't eat all of humanity, obviously.
I don't like the idea of vampiric "reincarnation", but I'm pretty convinced there's a link between Lamia and Nina, if only because Lamia's portrait looks like Nina (as I mentioned earlier, we have an objective knowledge of Lamia's looks: Ace's history textbook). The simplest explanation is that they're from the same family (this would also explain why nobody noticed in-universe: can be hard to spot familial resemblance). Indeed, maybe Eugene Delacroix got banished from Europe after Lamia was stopped, because he's from her family (brother, cousin, nephew, whatever).

Maybe we should pay attention to the numbers, too. There is this old saying about "7th child of a 7th child". Maybe there is some curse upon the 13th children of a vampire family, or of the Delacroix family. Like in fairytales: "Once girl will reach her 15/16/18/20/whatever-th birthday, something terrible will happen (to her)" :-?? .

Oh gosh, suspense is killing me ! :-ss

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Schmorgluck wrote:
Gotoh wrote:Also, according to Nina, her dad knew Queen Lamia. Wouldn't it seem kinda odd that he wouldn't recognize that his old friend had somehow reincarnated as his youngest daughter?
Nope. Nothing weird at all. Quit spouting this like it was obvious. It's not. There's no reason we know why he would be able to recognize her.
In the real world, we'd probably write something like that off as coincidence. But in a setting where magic and time travel shenanigans are commonplace, that'd be a pretty big red flag.
  • Eugene: "Honey, have you noticed our youngest just happens to look like our old friend, Lamia? It's an uncanny resemblance, don't you think?"
  • Maria: "The thought had occurred to me, especially since we haven't seen Lamia in... Well, it's been ages, now that I think about it."
  • Eugene: "I know. That's what worries me. You don't suppose...?"
  • Maria: "What? That our daughter might be....?"
At the very least, if I were in Eugene's place, I wouldn't rule it out; not that I buy the 'Nina is Lamia' theory. But if I once had a bloodthirsty friend, who mysteriously vanished, and had a kid who looked just like them I'd be keeping my eye on that kid, just in case.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Cranium wrote:
LarsenSan wrote:Sooo, here's my theory: yeah, Nina is probably the reincarnation of the legendary Vampire Queen but, how did she die if she was so powerful? My theory: she was slain by a heroic werewolf, so strong even among his kind he could fight the queen on equal terms.
Hmmm like the Mighty King Lupus The Wolfhearted? So that heroic werewolf would have to defeat Mr. Boodles AND Legendary Vampire Queen! Sweet! I think it be nice to know the Werewolves have such a champion, but currently as far as is known is that Ace (the Mutt) and his kin lost the war.
Or so they think... so they think... :-bd
Sk'thloq wrote:Also, LarsenSan, for reasons I can't put my finger on, your avatar freaks me the f**k out.
That's the spirit friend.