Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I should have known better... :ymsigh:
Thanks Mik. ;)

Mandy

Re: Eerie Cuties 09-04-14 Everything we feared

Post by Mandy »

I was kind of assuming that Nina got her hair color from her father. That's not to say that the reincarnation idea isn't right. I'm just saying that birthright is a possibility too.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Sort of, but in B&W, all we can see is that she got the two-color scheme itself from Eugene. His hair may be red/black for all we know. :)
Of course, if his hair actually matches Lamia's, this would raise the question about how Eugene is related to her. Then again, on that portrait she was not as obviously dual-toned as either Eugene or Maria. Still assuming the portrait is absolutely accurate, that is we're not misled by the painter choosing as the model Maria's first daughter, Eugene's niece or some other relative.

As to "the reincarnation idea" - while not impossible, it got, so far, no demonstrable cause-effect relationship with their supposed resemblance whatsoever. For all we can see, it's nothing more than anecdotal coincidence thrown in as a non-sequitur "proof" for lack of anything more substantial.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Yeah, I tried to sound not entirely certain about that being where she got the hair color from. When I first saw him, I figured that it was a given. I wouldn't bet my soul on it, but I'd probably bet twenty-five cents on it. It is possible that she got the purple hair through a recessive gene though.

Meh, we aren't even certain how rare the purple/black scheme is in the overall vampire community. It could be just as common as Layla, Dio, and Maria's black hair. The hair color doesn't even have to mean direct lineage.

I don't entirely throw away the reincarnation idea as a whole strictly because we don't know why Blair has his assignment... or what his assignment is exactly. There are a great number of possibilities though. We just don't know yet.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

So many possibilities. The only thing that really suggests Queen Lamia is the simple fact that she has "appeared" before, and comics generally reuse such appearances. Especially given Nina's eyelight when talking about Queen Lamia. That really just means that Nina sees Queen Lamia as an ideal to strive for. She may recreate Queen Lamia without any reincarnation being involved - just hero worship.
Nina - or the youngest Delacroix daughter - is clearly special. Some have suggested that Blair has been in the Delacroix household for sometime, perhaps his mission is to keep an eye on the youngest daughter, and he's watched them (yes, in icky ways too) since he's been in the house.
Anyway, we are spoiled for choice as to possibilities for what this Nina thing means. Could be apocalyptic, could just be a vagary of Nina's development as a vampire.
PIXIE MEL!!!

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Schmorgluck wrote:Here's the deal: we have had a flashback in which Lamia had some similarities to Nina. No matter if Nina is Lamia's reincarnation, the similarities are there. But it's a far cry to suggest that Eugene would "necessarily recognize her". He would notice the similarity, that's all. As far as we know, vampires don't have some kind of "soul sight" that would make it certain. So there, Gotoh, quit saying it would be weird for Eugene not to recognize her. It wouldn't. Not only "lookalike" doesn't imply "reincarnation", but "reincarnation" doesn't imply "lookalilke" either.
It's equally weird to just say 'oh, this baby was born and it's really somebody else who the father JUST HAPPENED to know. And whether they look similar or not, he doesn't seem to recognize this similarity despite it being so blatantly obvious that everybody else seems to think it.'
JoseB wrote:
Sk'thloq wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:Hey, you don't suppose we'd be lucky enough that she'll stay feral long enough to diablerize Dio do you?
"Diablerize?" What's that mean? :-\
It is an expression from the "vampire- the masquerade" RPG from White Wolf publishers. It means "the act committed by a vampire that drinks the blood of another vampire against the victim's will".
It's not just drinking it, which isn't so bad. It's completely devouring all the blood to the point of dryness and death.
Sk'thloq wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that all of these theories are incorrect. I'll bet anything the truth is something far more awesome than anything any of us could ever come up with.

Also, LarsenSan, for reasons I can't put my finger on, your avatar freaks me the f**k out.
Says the guy with the monster avatar :)

TRIPLE post merged. :-w The DAMNed
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Hey, my avatar comes from Calvin & Hobbes!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

It's Ms. Wormwood in Spaceman Spiff ! It really is ! :D

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

I knew it looked familiar.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Bambikles wrote:It's Ms. Wormwood in Spaceman Spiff ! It really is ! :D
Correct! :ymhug:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug: