Dangerously Chloe 31-03-14 You kids like dolls

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Milnoc

Re: Dangerously Chloe 31-03-14 You kids like dolls

Post by Milnoc »

Why is this thread dated March 31st? Shouldn't it be April 8?

pcj

Post by pcj »

If Pandora knew what it was I'm sure she would have kept it and used it herself. She's not the type to overlook a chance to take control of other people when it happens. So it's much more likely she thought it was just a dumb doll.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Pandora lives for harmless mischief and other lulz, remember?
If she didn't know what it's about, she won't grin happier than Cheshire Cat on catnip right from the first panel. :D
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Harmless ? Humm... Harmless ? :-=

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Unlike Lu who has no problem causing Train Wrecks directly, Pandora rather watch Train Wrecks from mortals who should not play with Voodoo Dolls! Brahahahaah ... ah hem ... :-bd
Besides I am guessing that Lu spent most of her childhood in Hell and Pandora much like Chloe spent much of hers on earth. As such she much more in sync with earth culture.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

Milnoc wrote:Why is this thread dated March 31st? Shouldn't it be April 8?
Cassandra's currently running about a week behind schedule (probably due to Real Life Syndrome [1]), hence although the comic and thread are dated March 31st, it was actually posted yesterday (Tuesday 8th). She's also the artist on MC, and you'll notice a similar thing happening there (the latest post on that is dated 28th March).

EC, however, has a different creative team (Gisèle co-writing and pencilling the strips, Shouri inking and toning them) so usually manages to get something posted on the expected date, even if a draft uninked/toned version.

-oOo-

Back to the strip, and I wonder what chaos would ensue if the cast encountered a certain troublesome doll from EC... :D

[1] Real Life Syndrome - anything happening in Real Life (work, family, health, finances, computer problems...) that interferes with a person's online life (e.g. story / comic updates)

brasca

Post by brasca »

shelmaliar wrote:Now please show on the doll where you were touched. ..
I don't know if Lucretia would be so detailed, but it wouldn't be an effective voodoo doll if it didn't include parts she could abuse so anything is possible as long as it adheres to the magically PG-13 spell.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

mittfh wrote:
[1] Real Life Syndrome - anything happening in Real Life (work, family, health, finances, computer problems...) that interferes with a person's online life (e.g. story / comic updates)

So you're saying "Shit happens." :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Something no one's commented on - Chloe's flirty reaction to Teddy allegedly kissing her. Doesn't his life depend on the two of them staying platonic? All this time, would she have been willing to "seal the deal" at the drop of a hat if he'd let her?

(...on that note, I have to wonder if it would be possible for her to sleep with him without eating his soul...)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I thought I saw Chloe bite her lip. :ymblushing: *ahem*

It's a big risk, though after all he as been though he might not want to take it.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:(...on that note, I have to wonder if it would be possible for her to sleep with him without eating his soul...)
I assume it is given she stated he would only die after they had sex, not during and due to the contract, not soul eating/fusing.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

It's about time a doll got a major role here!
;)

Belt_Buckle

Post by Belt_Buckle »

I think looking at Cat Pix on something other than the internet is kind of strange.

I've always wondered if abby going to stay a normal girl or if she's going to turn into a witch or maybe an angel and study at Artemis.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Well... she didn't see Prudi's wings on her own. But looks like hanging in this company may eventually change this, yes.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

pcj wrote:If Pandora knew what it was I'm sure she would have kept it and used it herself. She's not the type to overlook a chance to take control of other people when it happens. So it's much more likely she thought it was just a dumb doll.
Pandora does have her limits on what she'll do with Chloe (example of this - she refused to make out with Teddy while he looked like her; but found him fair game when he bore no resemblance to her BFF).

So, I think she knows what the doll is and who it was meant to represent - and just gave it to someone not quite in the know to stir up some hijinx.

Side note - Abby is how old? 12? Definitely old enough to know better. What kid her age 1) likes dolls and 2) readily kisses and snuggles a doll that someone says they found on the street? (we know where it's been - but does she?).

I know it's meant to be seen as funny/hijinx for Teddy - still, my germaphobic self is all 'EW! Abby! Put that down! You don't know where that's been!'
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.