Magick Chicks 25-03-14 Super-fetus

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Magick Chicks 25-03-14 Super-fetus

Post by Cortez »

Valkeiper2012 wrote:okay, the women have no idea who the father is or even who the mother is.

There is one other being who was there for the fusion and very likely knows that secret and a few other things... the wand.
They know darn well who the mother is, they both gave birth to Mel. The question is weather or not there is a father.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I'm pretty sure the poster meant that the mothers don't know if one of them was pregnant or both or neither.

And if they did find out one was pregnant and the other wasn't, I would bet both would be saying "She's mine. Not yours." :p

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

If option 3 turns out to be correct, the panel of "the twins" would make a great color print. I'd buy it.

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

All of those theories are incorrect. That's because none of those are theories, those are hypotheses.

Nutster

Post by Nutster »

Theory 1 or 2: Plausible.
Theory 3: Melissa is a chimera, a situation that does occur in real life. In real life, this usually happens when the mother releases two eggs at the same time (or so close together it does not matter), both eggs get fertilized (usually by the same man, at the same time). Rather than forming fraternal twins, which is what usually happens in this case, the two zygotes, when up to a few hundred cells each, merge and form one individual, with two different sets of DNA in different places in the body. So some of her organs are good and some organs are evil, but they get along.
Theory 4: Ovum Fusion! An egg contains half the genetic material required to make a complete human being. Normally sperm provides the other half, but there is no genetic reason that the other half could not come from another egg. The reason this does not happen in real life is logistical and structural. An egg is not set up to penetrate another egg to introduce its DNA; sperm is. But a magical merging of the bodies and minds could also magically merge the ova, right?
Theory 5: Something altogether different.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Nutster wrote:[...]
Theory 4: Ovum Fusion! An egg contains half the genetic material required to make a complete human being. Normally sperm provides the other half, but there is no genetic reason that the other half could not come from another egg. The reason this does not happen in real life is logistical and structural. An egg is not set up to penetrate another egg to introduce its DNA; sperm is. But a magical merging of the bodies and minds could also magically merge the ova, right?
[...]
Quote is for clarity.
The reason it doesn't happen in real life is also that because of epigenetics, some genes need to come from the mother, and some from the father. See for example Prader-Willi/Angelman syndromes.
The iceman cometh

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

There are cases of females becoming pregnant without sex, though none recorded in humans yet, except that one guy... These are necessarily female children, though, since the mother can only donate X chromosomes.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Dr. Jeff

Post by Dr. Jeff »

Nutster wrote:Theory 1 or 2: Plausible.
Theory 3: Melissa is a chimera, a situation that does occur in real life. {snip}
Theory 4: Ovum Fusion! {snip}
Theory 5: Something altogether different.
Yes! Midiclorians. [-(
Dr. Jeff, Deity, Administrator of Catgirl Heaven. +10 billion souls and counting.
Inventor of Instant Water™
Grumpy Cat---------->

Crystafent82

Post by Crystafent82 »

Blasphemer!
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

Nutster

Post by Nutster »

Strong in the Force is this one, yes?

BTW, when are we going to see how the cast of secondary characters (mostly) survived being dumped into a volcano?

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

My guess not till Cerise gets her smug face pushed in, and either Cerise or Melissa pulls them back from the brink. But I personally hoping Dave is plotting a special story so that Jacqui can bond with the other 5 girls.
Last edited by Cranium on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Jacqui is an illusionist for a reason. She's as sneaky manipulative as she is nice. :) So unless there's an immediate threat to life on the other side, shenanigans are inevitable.
I always suspected that her abilities aside, Sandi is not unlike Nina, except mean. :))

Also... does the look of this "Heavenly Highwayman" remind us of anyone? :-=
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood