Eerie Cuties 02-04-14 No way Ace is getting more action

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Bambikles

Re: Eerie Cuties 02-04-14 No way Ace is getting more action

Post by Bambikles »

She probably heard it but she is too much into her own sensations/feelings to notice, or she simply has no more interest in Ace, like she has no more interest in Layla. Indeed, she proved to be very self-centered in this date, but not in a bad way. Yet I admit she could get embarassed if she really notices that Ace saw her dating TabbyCat, even if she shouldn't.

I join those who think Brooke and maybe Wolf!Ace will be able to contain Nina. Question is, how long her crisis will last ?

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

Varanus wrote:How did Brooke NOT hear Ace's name when Tabitha said it right in front of her?
Easy - that's a thought bubble, not a speech bubble - spot the wavy edges and the bubbles between it and her head (just like Brooke in the previous panel), rather than an oval outline plus connected call out.

Incidentally, note Seth's expression in Panel 4... :)

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

That's really sweet of Nina. She doesn't want her chocolate bar, so she's going to give it to Tabitha. Right? RIGHT????
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Umm... I don't think so.

So it is a little worse than I thought it would be but not too bad, yet. I think despite what happens from here on out, Brooke is at least considering being Bi-sexual. She seems to made good progress on that front.

Tabby is a about to be Nina's dinner if Brooke doesn't do something fast. Then again Brooke might be so shocked that Nina is feeding from someone's blood she might hesitate.

:ympray: Please let someone snap her out of it before it gets worse. :ympray:
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Crystafent82

Post by Crystafent82 »

This is EC, the shock-moments are few, the comedy is light.
And Ninas outburst will not last long.
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'll be interested to see if Tabbi simply stands there and gets chomped on. It's quite possible, but I do note that she's a cat person. The minor characters in this comic sometimes seem to get hosed rather, forgetting that they're supposed to have inhuman abilities of their own; it'd be nice to see her displaying cat-like reflexes and ducking just in time, even if she maintains her slightly ditzy persona while doing so.

And yes, Brooke's little bit of intelligent reflection about her own nature there has rather gone past in all the excitement, hasn't it?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, she might have cat like abilities, but do you think that would match up to what is generally supposed to be supernatural levels of speed/reflexes?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

KITTY TASTE BETTER THAN GOGGY! :ymdevil:
mittfh wrote:Easy - that's a thought bubble, not a speech bubble - spot the wavy edges and the bubbles between it and her head (just like Brooke in the previous panel), rather than an oval outline plus connected call out.
Errrr, panel 2? :-\
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I just really don't want this to be a storyline devoted to getting Ace and Brooke back together.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Well, she might have cat like abilities, but do you think that would match up to what is generally supposed to be supernatural levels of speed/reflexes?
Who knows? This stuff is often handwaved a lot anyway. Brooke's snake-like physical abilities have certainly been shown as making her something of a match for a vampire in a brawl. It'd just be mildly amusing if a minor supernatural like Tabbi was shown as being a little bit, well, supernatural.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

Actually, the irony is that although she's lusting after blood, she doesn't really know how to get it (aside from an instinctive impulse to go for the neck).

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

CARPE JUGULUM!

And then bite and suck.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Artemisia wrote:I just really don't want this to be a storyline devoted to getting Ace and Brooke back together.
I do agree, I am of mix feeling on this though, but they both need to be away from each other for a bit, if they are suposed to get back, they both need something atm, they can't get with each other.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Jeivar

Post by Jeivar »

Just popping in to say: Brooke looks incredibly cute in the second panel. :)

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Cue all hell breaking loose in 3... 2... 1...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug: