Eerie Cuties 24-03-14 Thinking how alike we are

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TBeholder
BANNED

Re: Eerie Cuties 24-03-14 Thinking how alike we are

Post by TBeholder »

Eugene? He seems to be a very laidback and long-term-oriented man. And probably is at least wise enough to let Maria handle such things as she sees fit. ;)
Dio will be the main comic relief again, yes.
Searcher wrote:Now here is the worst part ... Tabby. Who wants a bet that she saw Ace kiss Nina (I sentence I never ever wanted to type out thank you Giz /:) ) and decided that she needs to turn up the heat because obviously he is trying to make Brooke jealous. Who needs Tia when you have Tabby there to help everyone have a really bad date.
Right. Let's blame the most honest participant.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

I'm not blaming Tabby, per say, just that she could screw up everything by honestly trying to help out Brooke attract Ace; especially if she doesn't know the full story.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG GIZ
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Artemisia wrote:See...Ace, stop obsessing about Brooke and her g/f and realize you have a great person right next to you.
QFT

I really love how cute these two look together. Nina showing some insight also shows how much attention she pays toward him. The realization and reaction to the insight is just so :x :x :x I hope when whatever happens, that Ace and Nina can work past the fallout.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

FlashD81 wrote:that Ace and Nina can work past the fallout.
Ace and Nina are about the only straight couple I actually like in these various series :) I think they really are right for each other in the short and long run.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Artemisia wrote:See...Ace, stop obsessing about Brooke and her g/f and realize you have a great person right next to you.
I wouldn't say he's obsessed wth Brooke, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer them together. They're good for each other.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Adamas wrote:NNNNOOOOOOO! Ace you Idiot! Now you'll never get rid of her!!!!
+1
Artemisia wrote:
FlashD81 wrote:that Ace and Nina can work past the fallout.
Ace and Nina are about the only straight couple I actually like in these various series :) I think they really are right for each other in the short and long run.
:-o
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Nick,

I've said that before. Why is everyone surprised that I can support at least a few straight couples. I'd just like a non-villain lesbian couple at some point.

Gotoh,

If I said the sky was blue, you would argue about which hue it is. "Obsessed" is the right word in this case. Ace has been obsessing about Brooke the whole date with Nina.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I'm not sure what brought that on. All I did was post my opinion. :-\

I'll agree to disagree with the other part though.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

There is no debating this, Gotoh. It is not a matter of degrees. Ace has been single mindedly thinking about Brooke since he recognized her. He has been obsessing about her. I have told you what brought on that comment a while ago, but you just argued with me. There is no argument this time and here is the definition of 'obsess':
obsess (third-person singular simple present obsesses, present participle obsessing, simple past and past participle obsessed)
(passive, constructed with with) To be preoccupied with a single topic or emotion.
Some people are obsessed with sports.
(transitive) To dominate the thoughts of someone.
Thoughts of her obsess my every waking moment.
(intransitive, colloquial, construed with over) To think or talk obsessively about.
Stop obsessing over it, will you!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Artemesia: It's only been two strips, we have no way of knowing how much time has passed. We don't even know if the movie's started yet. So it may have only been a few minutes.

If Ace had been thinking about Brooke for days. or weeks later, after he'd started dating Nina? Sure, I'd agree with you. But a few minutes is hardly what I'd call "obsessing".

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Adamas wrote:NNNNOOOOOOO! Ace you Idiot! Now you'll never get rid of her!!!!
Nina just acknowledged the possibility that Ace still had feelings over Brooke, and didn't freak out one damn bit about it.

The little girl that Ace hated so much is fading away, slowly being replaced by a more mature, attractive and reasonable woman.

There's no longer a valid reason to get rid of her now. :x
Gotoh wrote:If Ace had been thinking about Brooke for days. or weeks later, after he'd started dating Nina? Sure, I'd agree with you. But a few minutes is hardly what I'd call "obsessing".
I've just checked the archives. Ace and Brooke broke up about a month before. Ace does still have some strong feelings for her, but she was his first real girlfriend.
Last edited by Milnoc on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

sylentknight

Post by sylentknight »

I'm just so ready to watch this relationship unfold. Even more so if events lead to everyone else trying to tear them apart.
(Trope 101)
Sure, I expect them to have their problems like all couples, but I wouldn't be surprised if jealousy at the sincerity of their relationship (if that's what we get) becomes a minor theme along the way.
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, Nina has grown up, at least a little, so let's hope we don't have a repeat of her reaction to Kade's kiss here.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Which one? =))
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood