Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cassandra

Magick Chicks 14-03-14 Your own worst enemy

Post by Cassandra »

Check out "Tove" by Severin Piehl http://tovecomic.com/

JayBlaze11

Re: Magick Chicks 14-03-14 Your own worst enemy

Post by JayBlaze11 »

I just made an account to say, That Was DARK.
Can't help but wonder if them being here now means they didn't do it, or that it simply worked differently than they thought.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

A shame that they died so young, very sad. :(

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I definitely understand what they're talking about. It is never, ever fun to have to live with someone else inside your own head.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I gotta say that the dialog in panel 2 is good summation of Melissa's character (minus the part about wanting to kill her friends). It definitely explains where her personality came from and why she's constantly going through a heel-face revolving door.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Artemisia wrote:I definitely understand what they're talking about. It is never, ever fun to have to live with someone else inside your own head.
No it's not, and it's even worse when you KNOW it's an "outside" source that's involved
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Wow. That is...very dark.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And I thought Dakota stabbing Anastasia was getting into some dark territory. Now that seems comical.

It makes perfect sense too. This is more than just being depressed by defeat. These 2 were trapped with no means of escape and no one to turn to.

I know they live, but I'm eagerly awaiting what happens next. Did they actually commit suicide and this somehow created Melissa, did she find the wand and separate, but in the process create Melissa, or was it something I haven't thought up yet?

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

A lot darker origin for Melissa birth, being born while mother(s) hanging on an end of noose? Or perhaps someone young man (the father?) rescues them/her from a hanging and 'she' has child by random father rescue person? This chapter sure is a long one.
It on the other hand will likely give Melissa some insight into Cerise current 'darkness' and find it in herself to rescue her friend Cerise?
Story has been very good so far with lots of twist and turns I not have expected.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

I'm betting that "they" fell in love with a man and Melissa's birth separated them both.

I have to say, I was fairly surprised at how dark this got. But I guess it's understandable, after all it's bad when you annoy yourself...so irritating.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Wait. Cerise tried to murder 9 girls (including her two closest friends) by teleporting them into a volcano, not to mention the scene where she yelled at her "girlfriend" (really Rain, but still)... and people are acting as if it's just getting dark now ? :-s

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

I just had a Dark idea ... what if the father is Arman Purvis? And the arm/hand is that of Ana during the birth/separation of mel/Dakota-Ana ? Always fun to speculate before the next page is posted. Always struck me odd that his bad hand/arm was a bit feminine.
Last edited by Cranium on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Gotoh wrote:Wait. Cerise tried to murder 9 girls (including her two closest friends) by teleporting them into a volcano, not to mention the scene where she yelled at her "girlfriend" (really Rain, but still)... and people are acting as if it's just getting dark now ? :-s
That is standard super villainy. This is much, much different.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Here's a thought: what if they were both pregnant when they separated? What if Ana gave birth to Cerise, while Dakota gave birth to Mel? There's parallels that can be drawn between both pairs. :-\

Mr. Bee wrote:That is standard super villainy. This is much, much different.
Contemplating suicide is darker than Cerise condeming 9 classmates to burn in a fiery pit and verbally abusing her gf? I'd have to disagree.

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

Well Cerise has always been "evil" to some extent, but figure when she drank a drop of purest black magic, a fragment of Hekate's own power, if you will, that Cerise got "Dark". Hekate says: The Darkness That Changed You (Skye) Runs Deeper within Her.
Grace head on Blair Body