Eerie Cuties 19-02-14 It builds anticipation

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Eerie Cuties 19-02-14 It builds anticipation

Post by 'J' »

incidentally, i really frik'n hate when ladies do the 'keep him waiting' thing.
Yet still, I live...

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

And then get mad at us if we don't show up on time 8-|
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Tardiness is a very unattractive quality in a guy ;)
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

Sk'thloq wrote:Is it just me, or does the lettering look kind of odd in this strip? :-?
Different font, mixed case (EC is usually 100% capitals).

Meanwhile, Dio Dio evidentally hasn't been with the family long enough to realise that Blair has a one-track mind: bigger boobies >> money.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Sk'thloq wrote:Is it just me, or does the lettering look kind of odd in this strip? :-?
Not just you.

And if I were Ace, I'd have turned around and walked out on panel 2. The stupidity just burns. L-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

From Futurama:

Amy: [shouting] C'mon in, Gary! I'll just be another 20 minutes.

Gary: [from outside] I'll be waiting.

Fry: 20 minutes? You're practically ready now!

Amy: Yeah, but it's good to make them wait a little.

Fry: Oh, God, it's true!
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Blair is Gosenkugi to Dio's Kuno it seems. :p

Anyhoo, I like how Ace wasn't even bothered by Dio's condescension and snarked on it instead. Some of Brooke's personality may have rubbed off on him.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Looks like Renoir is not getting his money's worth.

I doubt Mr. Delacroix would be any more pleased to hear Blair is spying on Mrs. Delacroix in the shower than she would be.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Are there girls who really do that on purpose? I don't think I have ever met a guy who "built anticipation" because of that; most of us just get mildly annoyed, reducing the impression their attractiveness may had on us.

I have always felt that it's kind of an instinctive way to weed out jerks and guys who aren't really interested in developing a relationship.

CFT

Post by CFT »

I suppose forcing you to be patient also "builds character", or probably that's just what they want us to believe. :p
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Tako

Post by Tako »

It's fascinating how almost everything that is supposed to help you "build character" could easily be seen as a way of training you to be subservient.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Well if you were more subservient, there wouldn't be a problem ;)
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

It wouldn't until one finds that it is no longer worth it, which would not be very long. :P
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come fourth divine lightning! This ends now! Indignation! - Jade Curtiss(Tales of the Abyss)

Indestructible—determination that is incorruptible,from the other side, a terror to behold, annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible. Take a last look around while you're alive, I'm an indestructible master of war! - Indestructible by Disturbed.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

mikbuster wrote:Well if you were more subservient, there wouldn't be a problem ;)
*deadpan* Ha Ha Ha.

Is it me or Dio vaguely looks like Gaston in this one ?
If really Blair goes on whith spying on Maria, Dio's plan may be the fastest to fall appart that I've ever seen.

Nina lines remember you that she's still Nina and very inexperienced. It's a good thing, so Ace will be able to explain to her that making a guy waiting is just as rude as for a girl.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, I keep wanting him to resemble Gaston. . .about three minutes after his confrontation with the Beast.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"