Magick Chicks 20-09-13 Even her enemies

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Magick Chicks 20-09-13 Even her enemies

Post by Don Alexander »

I... OMG...

Do I really have to read through all this??? :-o

I'm only two pages in!!

Anyway, I'll post, and thereby ignore all previous discussion, so feel free to slag me if it is all just repeats! ;)

THIS is what I thought of when I first saw Cerise and Skye. Their expressions are so deliciously evil. They have masterminded the corruption in the background and now they have Fallen, they have performed the Heel Turn, gone over to the Dark Side... CERISE DARKSHADE! EVIL GENIUS! MASTERMIND! FEAR HER! There are always two, a teacher and a student...

This is probably the most important comic in the entire run so far. Unless it takes some huge, immediate swerve back into normalcy, some pulling of the plug, this is a total paradigm shift. The status quo has been smashed, and Cerise has ascended as Tyrant. A plot worth years can be spun from this, and I seriously hope this is the turn to a darker epic that has been hinted at for a long time. :D Great forces are wallowing in the black background, Hecate, Fade-Out Girl, the Wand, possibly Anastasia and Dakota too...

I'm still wondering a bit about Tandy's expression in panel 1. She seems to be chewing on something, likely the f***s she might have given... :P

Also, "ememies" :)) yeah, it's been corrected...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

David Johnston

Re: Magick Chicks 20-09-13 Even her ememies

Post by David Johnston »

Gotoh wrote:@Fluffy: It'd be different if she said: "I'll let him go if you agree to go out with me." or "I'll let him go on one condition..."

But if you notice, she didn't make any demands of Tiffany, nor did she say Tiffany owed her anything for it. Faith had her fun, then she let the two of them go and that was the end of it. She hasn't brought it up since. So how is that manipulating Tiffany?
You appear to be confusing "manipulating" with "extorting". The two things are different.

Pking

Post by Pking »

It was kinda a bit of both since the threat of future exortion is still extortion even if Faith possibly didn't mean it.

While Faith didn't do anything to Dusky the general image Tiffany had (which based on her available information was accurate in every part except it being consciously done) would lend the conversational exchange towards an implied threat of future punishments against Dusky if Tiffany didn't "play ball" with Faith.

I'm leaning towards it being one of the only times where she's merely being manipulative instead of mind rapey like that moment with Melissa.
Faith was trying to do one of those moments where she shows how "benevolent and kind "she is which never works when you're the evil overlord.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

jaimehlers wrote:At best, she removed the wand from Melissa, and I'm not convinced that it was necessary to do so. Given the sequence of images, I would say that the wand was in the process of removing itself from her anyway, at which point the power-up would have been finished, but when Faith interfered, she actually pulled it away from Melissa and disrupted things.
This is an interesting take on what happened, and I suppose it could be that you're right. But we'll never know for certain, either way, unless they revisit that incident and clarify whether Faith misread the situation (under the belief Melissa's life was in danger) and, thus, acted prematurely. Or whether she was right and actually saved her.
Last edited by Gotoh on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:16 am, edited 8 times in total.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

I'm not going to bother reading all the debating. I have only two things to say. First: I don't like seeing Faith in tears. Second: evil grins can make almost any girl look ugly, and Cerise and Skye are no exception.

Pking

Post by Pking »

If the evil grin doesn't look sexy then you just aren't doing it right. Cerise clearly skipped out on learning the proper decorum in class.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

mittfh wrote:As for "mind rape", I think recent comments have adequately covered what I was planning to say - namely that "mind rape" implies without the consent of the victim, whereas she uses power-assisted seducing
That's a new ewwphemism. =))
jaimehlers wrote:I'm inclined to think that Faith thought she was saving Melissa.
She happened to run into something that may possibly in some way be a good excuse to do what she wants to do anyway - and jumped it. As usual.
jaimehlers wrote: At best, she removed the wand from Melissa, and I'm not convinced that it was necessary to do so.
Of course, it was. For Faith. :ymdevil:
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Shhh...you're at risk of accusing Faith of taking advantage of certain situations.

And we simply can't have that. [-X

:))

And before the accusations fly about how Faith did no such thing - no, it's not being claimed she took advantage of Tiffany while she was unconscious. But you honestly cannot tell me that Faith did not get herself an appreciative look (or ten) at what Tiffany had to offer as she got her out of her clothes and cleansed her (which is taking advantage of a situation to get something she may have wanted - which, seeing as Faith lusted after Tiffany, I'm pretty sure seeing her naked was right up there on 'things Faith wants' list).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Yeah... I'd be pretty upset with anyone that took my clothes off while I was unconscious. I'd be fine with taking like jeans off, which I don't wear often, but nothing else I wear is uncomfortable enough that I wouldn't wear it to bed anyway if I felt like it ;)
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Well, we know Faith removed Tiffany's top because of the bloodstains. But why the pants? Were they somehow bloodsoaked, too? And her undies? (can't figure how that was possible. Unless Layla punctured the jungular in her feeding frenzy, which is unlikely (as Tiffany would have bled out in minutes) , but whatever).

What I wonder is why Faith didn't at least give Tiffany a little modesty by dressing her in a spare shirt as she slept. I doubt Tiffany's frame is that much bigger than Faith's own in order to take that option off the table.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:Shhh...you're at risk of accusing Faith of taking advantage of certain situations.

And we simply can't have that. [-X
...no more than we can have anyone saying Faith might actually care about someone's well being, without there being an ulterior motive, right? :p
Fluffy wrote:And before the accusations fly about how Faith did no such thing - no, it's not being claimed she took advantage of Tiffany while she was unconscious. But you honestly cannot tell me that Faith did not get herself an appreciative look (or ten) at what Tiffany had to offer as she got her out of her clothes and cleansed her (which is taking advantage of a situation to get something she may have wanted - which, seeing as Faith lusted after Tiffany, I'm pretty sure seeing her naked was right up there on 'things Faith wants' list).
Which was more important: waiting for Tiffany's consent to undress her, or preventing a possible infection by getting her out of that bloodsoaked clothing as soon as possible?

I'm not saying the girl's a saint, but it never ceases to amaze me how you twist everything she does.
Fluffy wrote:What I wonder is why Faith didn't at least give Tiffany a little modesty by dressing her in a spare shirt as she slept. I doubt Tiffany's frame is that much bigger than her own.
She gave her a blanket. Aside from that, I can't say I disagree with you there.
Last edited by Gotoh on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

So, given Faith's nature when it comes to girls she's attracted to, that you honestly think she would not have taken a few appreciative glaces as she tended to Tiffany's wounds?

If you do, I'm personally amazed by how often you try to twist thing so Faith is...how did Sandi put it? Unreproachable.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:So, given Faith's nature when it comes to girls she's attracted to, that you honestly think she would not have taken a few appreciative glaces as she tended to Tiffany's wounds?
I'm not denying Faith saw Tiff naked, or that she wouldn't have liked what she saw. I'm more than sure she did. I'm just saying I doubt it was the main thing on her mind considering everything she had to take care of.

Think about it: Faith had to strip her down first, clean her clothes to keep them from being infected, clean her up for the same reason, get her under the covers so she'd be sorta decent while waiting on her clothes, and still make that stir fry for her so Tiff could regain the iron she'd lost. And since it was just the two of them there, she didn't have help getting any of it done. In short, she undoubtedly got more than a few good looks, but she would've been too busy to spend much time enjoying the eye-candy.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

What kind of infection does one get from wearing clothes stained with one's own blood?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@mikbuster: According to Faith, Tiff's clothes were soaked with blood and some of it may have been Layla's. So she erred on the side of caution and decided to wash them, and clean Tiffany.