01-09-10 Glamour spell

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

WCRI

Re: 01-09-10 Glamour spell

Post by WCRI »

You know... if it wasn't for the mildly evil notions... and the moreso than less uncanny resemblance to Blair... Melissa would actually be attractive. Yeah, she'd be "too much for your worthless hands" but dang... what a chase. Cersie however, has just enough bad to make her kinky, but not so much as to overpower her nicer side. It just leaves her being all together useless at any real evil deeds, or, you know, as a minion. On top of which (no innuendo intended) she's actually got a brain, even if she doesn't apply it to anything.

Jacqui... on the other hand is just through and through vapid, airheaded, clueless, and all around second string tag-a-long minion. She's harmless, even if she ever knew what she was doing. She couldn't do it right even if it meant to save her's or Melissa's life. She'll probably end up in one of those situations where when her friends are in trouble and she has to do something really mean, nasty, and/or 'evil' to the 'heroes' of the story, she'll botch it up, and they'll end up helping her free her two, more competent, friends. Cliche.

Can I ask who writes/develops the characters? Cause, its one thing to use the cookie cutter mold, but this is looking more and more like somebody "traced" from another "work." And to clarify, no I'm not saying they strictly, specifically copied someone else's work. I'm just saying, I don't know how much more cliche one can make a character. I mean, Cersie is a background character too, and she has more personal character than Jacqui. About the only thing that isn't flat about Jacqui is her chest... and her hair... but everything else, 2-D.
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Erm, dude, she's appeared what three times? And had maybe eight or nine lines. Give them a chance to flesh her out. Besides she's a secondary character, so I can't see spending too much time on here anyway.

Edit: Nevermind, go see Mr. Dave's answer in Q&A.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

NikiPaprika

Post by NikiPaprika »

Well, if they're going to turn into guys, they might as well be gl-aaaaaa-morous!~ *wrist flop*

...Sorry, that's the kind of thing that went through my head. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

*hair-toss*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

SAFFSB

Post by SAFFSB »

Well, if they turn into glamorous guys, they should be able to seduce Layla and get her away from Kade... Which was the point of that magic orb thing in the first place, right? ;;)

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

Adamas wrote:
BobDole wrote:The more we see them, the more I'm convinced the coven knows just enough to keep getting themselves into trouble, but not enough to use it for anything they actually want.

What's the old saying? "They know just enough to be dangerous." Or something like that.

Seems more like "Know just enough to get themselves in deep ka-ka." to me. For some reason those three remind me of Sabrina.
Me to, but they also remind me of the faculty of Discworlds Unseen University.

QuasarJun

Post by QuasarJun »

Randomness! Is it just me or does the, I'm guessing pin, with the pentagram (or whatever its called, so many five pointed things of penta-tude)on Jacqui flip around in at least the last two panels?

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

No, it's just the angle. She's not standing the same place relative to the 'camera' in any two panels.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Jacqui is very wise. She knows that being beautiful and glamorous is more important than whichever gender one is. (Her spell doesn't seem to be working on Melissa though.)

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

QuasarJun wrote:Randomness! Is it just me or does the, I'm guessing pin, with the pentagram (or whatever its called, so many five pointed things of penta-tude)on Jacqui flip around in at least the last two panels?
Kamino Neko wrote:No, it's just the angle. She's not standing the same place relative to the 'camera' in any two panels.
That and it only takes about a 30 degree shift for a pentacle to be a pentagram, so it's easy for a difference of viewing angle to do that.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Sacramento Tzar

Post by Sacramento Tzar »

I don't know if smarter minions are really needed. If they are too smart then they might question the leadership of the pack and start getting ideas for themselves. And we all know that manipulative queen bees can't have that.

Though to be honest, I'm not certain which is dumber the fact that the Glamour spell won't help or the fact that one minion actually thought that the other would just happen to know a protection spell from such an uberpowerfull magical artifact.
There needs to be an Eeiriecuties.com/Monsterful.com crossover in the future. Just saying.