Eerie Cuties 27-02-13 This is why you bother me

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re: Eerie Cuties 27-02-13 This is why you bother me

Post by Spidrift »

TBeholder wrote:Wait, when did we ever see her unleashing Friendship?
Here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Yeah, and the result led those two to do things that you do with people who are more than just friends, usually. Or are you implying that the kissing part was not the result of the spell ? :D

Well, just to be on the safe side, I'd rather not having Mel do anything of the sort again. :-w

Honeybadger

Post by Honeybadger »

Optimus Kate wrote:
pbfhdude wrote:Yay, the b****y Mary Sue has arrived.
Oh boy, I was wondering when I would get to use this.
My one thing to point out is that growing up reading fantasy i only ever knew of or encountered mary sues as male characters. Like Drizzt, has there ever been one more so?
if you feel alive, if you got no fear, do you know the name of the one you seek

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Decisions, decisions. Oh, whatever to do??
(I think Melissa should zap Brooke. She's lost her temper, and I don't think he has.) :-?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gotoh wrote:I'm with JoybuzzerX, Ash doesn't look concerned. If anything, he appears to be enjoying himself. That said, I have all new respect for him, the guy's fighting a Melusine for probably the first time in his life, and it seems about even from what I can tell... and he's cool as a cucumber. \M/
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a cucumber is involved there somewhere... :P
Azrael wrote:Wow, Seth hasn't bailed. He must be getting braver.
He's cheering Brooke on from his exalted position, clapping madly with his tiny little hands! :x
Luzahn wrote:Dammit Mel, whatever you do, don't unleash Friendship & Rainbows.
Oh, yeah, that was my first thought too!! :D Like: "Oh, jeez, if she does the same thing as with Dio and Ash, then that's REALLY the end of the relationship with Ace!"
Not to mention all the Brooke x Layla shippers will be crushed too. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Luzahn

Post by Luzahn »

Nah, Seth waits for the perfect opportunity to strike.

Look at him. He's menacing. :p

Tako

Post by Tako »

SilentChaos87 wrote:Oh god, that smile on Ash's face. He's having WAY too much fun!
He's having an erection right now. I called it earlier: The guy has a dangerous chick fetish, the most dangerous the best.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

He said himself - "reeeeal serious, and it's kinda hot"...
Honeybadger wrote:
Optimus Kate wrote:Oh boy, I was wondering when I would get to use this.
My one thing to point out is that growing up reading fantasy i only ever knew of or encountered mary sues as male characters. Like Drizzt, has there ever been one more so?
Tweenlight? :)
Bzzzt is pretty much "Conan, BUT remade as an emo teen with ANGST!". For that matter, Batman used by the troping blogger above as The Ultimate Silver Bullet Counter Argument ends up far more ludicrous and schizophrenic because it's essentially an attempt to not rebuild, but to mix the original Conan and Emo Teen into one character, adding something Trekkie on top.
BlairFan wrote:Decisions, decisions. Oh, whatever to do??
(I think Melissa should zap Brooke. She's lost her temper, and I don't think he has.) :-?
He may stay in "re-eally serious is hot" mode, though.
Don Alexander wrote:
Azrael wrote:Wow, Seth hasn't bailed. He must be getting braver.
He's cheering Brooke on from his exalted position, clapping madly with his tiny little hands! :x
Oh, come on. He can at least wag his tail. Brooke seems to approve of this gesture... /:)
Don Alexander wrote:Like: "Oh, jeez, if she does the same thing as with Dio and Ash, then that's REALLY the end of the relationship with Ace!"
Not to mention all the Brooke x Layla shippers will be crushed too. :P
And then Melissa ends up universally hated and thus both cut off her old school and preemptively isolated from everyone except the other two champions of Artemis? :-?
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Honeybadger wrote:
Optimus Kate wrote:Oh boy, I was wondering when I would get to use this.
Yes: godmode sue, villain sue, creator's pet/author avatar, all rolled into one.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Elminster is even worse, and is widely hated. As a matter of fact, Ed Greenwood has a thing for smartass hairy old wizards who manage to bang all the hottest chicks (goddesses included), and it has been pointed that, being a old fat hairy geek himself, all those old hairy oversexed wizards are his avatars:
Ed Greenwood looks like this.

Anyway, what I mean is that Marty Stus are as annoying as Mary Sues, or even more. And anyways, I don't like Batman, I can't take seriously somebody who goes around dressed like that.

Luzahn

Post by Luzahn »

I prefer Iron Man. He's a jerk and is encased in a mighty suit of armor. :p

But honestly, I think people are a bit too wary of Mary Sues, and they're seeing some where there aren't any. Sure, Ash is tough, but he's being given a run for his money here.

And really, a Mary Sue, at least as I see it, is characterized mostly by a lack of positive personality traits while being universally admired by all characters despite a lack of merit, in addition to grossly superior powers than others in almost every field. It's the personality moreso than anything that defines a really insufferable Sue.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Luzahn: pbfhdude was referring to Melissa as a Mary Sue, not Ash.

I'd have to say I disagree, since Mel is hardly 'lil Ms. Perfect', or 'Ms. Congeniality'.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Mel is certainly NOT a Mary Sue. If she were a Mary Sue the good characters (Ace, Nina, Brooke..etc) would love her, and she would humiliate and defeat all the "bad ones" (Faith, Tia). Plus, she has REAL flaws that can make her unlikeable, unlike a Mary Sue, whose flaws would make her more endearing.

Also, while a a Mary Sue "specialness" makes her likeable but causes her angst, Mel enjoys being special (she's a vain Queen Bee), but her "specialness" makes her unlikeable (again, she's a Queen Bee).

Arkadi

Post by Arkadi »

Alright, alright, alright... :-w Yes. I hate to agree with Melissa, but really, what's that wand thinking of. I mean, things are way too hot between Brooke and Ash as they are, and we definitely don't want them moving any further in that direction, thank you very much.

Besides, Ash has had the Friendship & Rainbows treatment already; who knows what might happen if he gets zapped again.
Don't worry. It'll be good for her.

Luzahn

Post by Luzahn »

If we're lucky, they cancel out.

If not, he turns into the Hulk.

Really, those are the only ways these things usually go.