Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

TBeholder
BANNED

Re: Magick Chicks 16-11-12 Cerise

Post by TBeholder »

Don Alexander wrote:Maybe we all just like big bugs! :D
I luff 'em! Bogz for dinner! :ymdevil:
ven wrote:Yeah, by now I'm pretty sure it's just a dream. That means no wand power from Melissa, since Cerise doesn't know about that.
Does not follow. On so many levels.
Cerise knows Melissa has something really heavy-duty up her sleeve, so even if it's just her own dream... and Faith asked specifically about some wand. And if it's not that simple, whoever sent it may know more. Or it may be a dream, but not for one, so it's enough that Melissa knows. And so on.
Conversely, if it's not a dream, Melissa may have the wand left at home precisely to avoid the embarrassing part of its effects. Or their interaction isn't good enough to use in dangerous situations. And so on.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

ven wrote:Yeah, by now I'm pretty sure it's just a dream. That means no wand power from Melissa, since Cerise doesn't know about that.
Just out of curiosity : what makes you so sure this is a dream ? :-? Myself, I see nothing in that strip or the previous that would rule out thise whole chapter to be "real", so I'm curious ^^

M_oldie

Post by M_oldie »

O.O >.< O.O

Sweet Abominations, Batman! Now that's mighty impressive new addition to her magic menagerie

Mmm, reminds a lot of MTG's Lord of the Pit, and I'm wondering if this beasty has the same cost of summoning as it (for the curios, this is what a Pit Lord's demand-for-summon is: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... rseid=2111 )
Bystander - How did you know? It's like your inside my mind!
Nergil Pendleton - Yes! Inside your mind and thrusting relentlessly!

Best line ever... ever

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Why has Cerise summoned a Digimon?
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Arkadi

Post by Arkadi »

Niiice one, girl: using a summons from your teacher's book of forbidden magic in class, right in front of his and everybody's nose. That's our Cerise: sneaky, cunning Cerise :))

It'd be a nice plot twist if she ended getting points for this, like Harry Potter and co. used to; but something tells me that things work differently at Artemis academy :P
Don't worry. It'll be good for her.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

M_oldie wrote:Mmm, reminds a lot of MTG's Lord of the Pit, and I'm wondering if this beasty has the same cost of summoning as it
I was more thinking of the Phyrexian Gargantua.
That thing looks totally like I'd expect some gibbering Phyrexian battle monstrosity to look like...
M_oldie wrote:(for the curios, this is what a Pit Lord's demand-for-summon is: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... rseid=2111 )
Fourth Edition? For shame! :P Beta is Beatiful! :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Drifting off topic, The Lord of the Pit card always has a spot for me, for it was in the first booster I ever opened way back in 'Revised' edition.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

*To the tune of "baby got back"
I like big BUGS
and I cannot lie,
all you other buggers
can't deny.

When an wasp flies in
with it's itty-bitty waist
And antennae on it's face
you get stung!"
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tako

Post by Tako »

That giant crustacean kaiju doesn't look at all like something that would attract the teacher's attention! does it?

Seriously, Cerise, what are you thinking? You will be lucky is they just punish you for taking the book! They may even suspect you and put you under surveillance to discover your true backstory...

And anyway, a kaiju against a magical girl? That's like sending a viper to hunt a mongoose...that poor bug is as good as dead!.
Last edited by Tako on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

TBeholder wrote:Well, yeah. Which may raise another problem. But this also requires the wand to be present.
But either way, it looks like currently Melissa can handle only so much power without becoming a shiny-eyed doll floating in a ball of glowies, which is kind of dangerous when the opponent is anything more bloodthirsty than Faith in brain-snogging mood.

She'd probably prefer that. :)) And may react far more frantically than while merely facing a giant monster.

That's a possibility, but evasion is defensive and we don't know whether in EC-verse knocking out the summoners banishes their critters.
The wand couldn't be seen before it transformed Melissa here. The Wand could be closer to her now than it was then for all we know. It came from within her intially. As for the glowiness, you mean her magical girl transformation? Those are traditonally pretty quick, the watching girls will barely have any time to see her naked before the magical girl costume is on and she's fully powered up.

Oh she'd almost certainly make a spirited attempt at dying of embarassment, but that's all the more reason for it to happen. :)

Evasion? I spake of jumping up the Kaiju's body (from limb to limb) then punch-zapping it in the face. It worked for the PMS and it could work for her. As for the thing remaining summoned with Cerise out of the fight, that's a problem true, but Cerise would have been defeated, so as far as the duel is concerned...
Last edited by Passing Through on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Time for Melissa to bring out the heavy foot.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Dang...I'm gonna need the big boot.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tako

Post by Tako »

Passing Through wrote:
TBeholder wrote:Well, yeah. Which may raise another problem. But this also requires the wand to be present.
But either way, it looks like currently Melissa can handle only so much power without becoming a shiny-eyed doll floating in a ball of glowies, which is kind of dangerous when the opponent is anything more bloodthirsty than Faith in brain-snogging mood.

She'd probably prefer that. :)) And may react far more frantically than while merely facing a giant monster.

That's a possibility, but evasion is defensive and we don't know whether in EC-verse knocking out the summoners banishes their critters.
The wand couldn't be seen before it transformed Melissa here. The Wand could be closer to her now than it was then for all we know. It came from within her intially. As for the glowiness, you mean her magical girl transformation? Those are traditonally pretty quick, the watching girls will barely have any time to see her naked before the magical girl costume is on and she's fully powered up.

Oh she'd almost certainly make a spirited attempt at dying of embarassment, but that's all the more reason for it to happen. :)

Evasion? I spake of jumping up the Kaiju's body (from limb to limb) then punch-zapping it in the face. It worked for the PMS and it could work for her. As for the thing remaining summoned with Cerise out of the fight, that's a problem true, but Cerise would have been defeated, so as far as the duel is concerned...
The kaiju will swallow Mel, who will transform in its stomach, blow it into a million pieces and return to normal before nobody sees her.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Ooh! That'd look cool.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

TBeholder wrote:
I luff 'em! Bogz for dinner! :ymdevil:
Oggie like bog fur dinner, too.

Coming up, Melissa von Pinn? Ve Hunt!
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)