Magick Chicks 16-11-12 Cerise

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Passing Through

Re: Magick Chicks 16-11-12 Cerise

Post by Passing Through »

TBeholder wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:Mel isn't clapping. That's just how her karate stance looks from that angle.
What stance? Her palms are close and the lower is half-cupped. More or less like this: :ymapplause:
It does look like a fighting stance, any oddities are easily explained by Melissa being a magic-user. Not casting a spell, but being prepared to, as well as being prepared to hit something.

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

First off, that is a martial arts stance (take it from someone who's been practicing a style called aiki-jutsu for close to a decade now). She is not clapping. Her hands followed her head movement up, because you're trained to keep your hands between you and your opponent's weapons (or hands if they don't have weapons), and if they're taller than you it means your hands have to be held higher.

Second, I think Cerise might have just shot herself in the foot. Think about it. She summoned a fifty-foot tall insectoid beast. It's not easy for something that large to attack something so much smaller than it. Not only that, but Cerise is wide open, and Melissa is close enough to attack her directly.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

This all still screams 'dream' to me. Everything's happening too quickly and easily, usually it takes a whole chapter of build-up to come to this kind of big drama point, unless the plan is for Cerise to lose easily for the sake of anticlimax.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Yeah, at this stage it pretty much has to be a dream. Everything is revolving around it too neatly to explain otherwise.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Dark Komet

Post by Dark Komet »

The Monster looks like a Dragon Age Monster