Magick Chicks 02-11-12 Two words-Chapter 11

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

SilentChaos87

Re: Magick Chicks 02-11-12 Two words-Chapter 11

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Pretty sure it has to do with large quote trees that have gotten out of hand and quoting the post of the person who posted before you.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i think don's just got really really low level ocd or something.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hurbster wrote:Is there some site rule about quoting posts anyway ?
In the Forum Rules. Buried in the depths of Rule 3 (but who actually reads Forum Rules anyway?). It's a peculiarity of this forum that I've never seen elsewhere, but I assume that one of the mods had a bad experience when a quote tree fell over in high winds and crushed their car. Anyway, their gaff, their rules.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

'J' wrote:i think don's just got really really low level ocd or something.
I have 20k+ posts on an internet message board, you might be on to something there. :P
Spidrift wrote:(but who actually reads Forum Rules anyway?)
The people who appreciate not being ban-hammered. :P

Anyway, I actually did not invent that rule. I approve of it, though. :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Mistriousfrog

Post by Mistriousfrog »

I was just reading over some of the earlier comics and I have no idea how I managed to miss the massive onslaught of My Little Pony references the first time around. It really made me smile when I saw them all.

Thor

The rules here make me facepalm

Post by Thor »

Hurbster wrote:Is there some site rule about quoting posts anyway ? I've never seen so many posts edited on a forum before.
Yeah, you are not supposed to quote the thread that directly precedes yours. The reason I was given is that it increases the burden on the servers. 8-|
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

You have to treat the hamster driven servers with TLC, but if you do, they can last a good long time.

@Don: The three most common filings for bankruptcy in the US are designated by the chapter of the federal code in which they are described.
Chapter 7: Complete discharge of debts (with certain exclusions) also involves complete liquidation of assets.
Chapter 13: Partial discharge of debts (again with exclusions) - the debtor agrees to pay a certain amount per month for up to five years before being granted discharge.
Chapter 11: Allows restructuring of debt. This is usually for corporations suffering a rough patch they think they can pull out of. The court and the creditors have to agree to the restructuring plan, and this usually gives creditors a say in how the business is run for a time.
PIXIE MEL!!!

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Eh, it's a stupid rule. Sometimes, it's appropriate to ask people not to make unnecessary quotes.

However, when somebody posts a 17,000 word hate essay ranting about how much they hate things like puppies, minorities, democracy, and getting punched in the nose, and you quote one sentence about the nose punching and leave a reply of four words (like, "I agree with this."), then somebody removing the quote makes you look like a terrible person.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

8-|

That is entirely allowed, and I do not remove such quotes. /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)