Magick Chicks 26-10-12 The next report

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

jaimehlers

Re: Magick Chicks 26-10-12 The next report

Post by jaimehlers »

David Johnston wrote:She wouldn't need a pen in hand for that.
She was playing with it earlier, per the previous comic. There's no guarantee she was writing anything down at all, it could have just ended up oriented like that when she went to look at the doll.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

'J' wrote:i've always liked the idea that they all got their powers by murdering their parents as a sacrifice to their dark mistress.
It's hard to imagine Jacqui doing this.
Unprovoked, at least. Brandishing a shotgun over the head of her boyfriend or something like this could possibly do the trick, though.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:Although I doubt this, I always figured from the monsters' general attitude toward humans that Hekate wasn't averse to the odd police sergeant being thrown her way...
Let's face it, occasionally that's so very much called for. ;)
But what "general attitude"? Specifically vampires bite folk all the time, but they're equally easy about it with humans and other "monsters", and this seems to be mostly harmless or possibly even beneficial (given how quickly bite wounds themselves regenerate) anyway. They use mind control without hesitation, yeah, but other than Nina not knowing what she's doing, vamps so far were way more responsible about it than e.g. Faith, not that this says much.
For other monsters, IIRC, there was no telling interaction so far except "Ace is afraid of city pound". :D
Error of Logic wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:mel: "what was that?"
.........."Mow?"
That would be nice. ^^ We haven't seen Butterball since his or her introduction.
To think about it, we don't know at all what familiars are supposed to do in EC-verse, other than try to look cute and not get underfoot. :-?
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Verse86 wrote:Maybe this was said in previous strip threads, but doesn't this whole no memory of the school conflict with the last arc in EC? I know they're different comics, but I would think they would have to keep it the same across both.
It might not. Cerise still know Brooke. Also Mel still thought of Layla about something(i am pretty sure it was in this comic and not EC).

My guess is, the spell is to protect them better and the school from mind readers. At least one we have seen, and who knows if any of the other girls or teacher are.

I also do wonder if maybe the kids and or the teacher are not explaining "monsters" correctly. I sorta get this idea because Vampire Cheerleader and Paranormal Mystery Squad are set in the same place also. We seem some high dangerous type, and decent ones like the ones that do goto the school. I also like we sorta get explained that there not a big difference between Esper and Witch other then blood it seems.
"Somebody just stake me now"

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

It's also interesting whether Melissa still hides her wand as "the key to my popularity", or she finally began to realize into what sort of a game she got dropped? I don't mean "they'll burn usss!" part, of course.
TJgalon wrote:I also do wonder if maybe the kids and or the teacher are not explaining "monsters" correctly. I sorta get this idea because Vampire Cheerleader and Paranormal Mystery Squad are set in the same place also. We seem some high dangerous type, and decent ones like the ones that do goto the school. I also like we sorta get explained that there not a big difference between Esper and Witch other then blood it seems.
"Maybe"? I don't even "wonder" by now.
Exhibit A: Tiffany. After getting bitten she was afraid of cross-shaped mirrors. :)) At the same time, she knew exactly what a cursed mirror is, how to deal with it and recognized the problem instantly.
Exhibit B: Faith. Also panicked at a little vampire bite, as opposed to something one would expect from her attitude as an informed decision - like, say, getting addicted and brainwashing herself a right-hand vampire just for this purpose long ago.
Such things lead to rather curious bigger picture.
Except not "esper", but "magical cadet". They use their own style of spellcasting without any corrections or holding back, no one sees anything unusual.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

The wand seem to have caused a huge amount of issue. On top of why she not sure why it choose her it seem. There also Hecate wanting to kill everyone who knew of it. It also has helped make her a bit unique in the school, so maybe that also helps. Tiff also been friends with Layla for a bit now, and each time she swears she going to kill her, or Layla will kill her.

I do wonder if it a bit of a prejudice thing between monster and the human. From the adult or elders. pass it to the kids, who continue the circle. At least that how i believe the situation is right now.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
"Somebody just stake me now"

Munroe

Post by Munroe »

Heh. Cerise's doll is Starscream, Jacque's doll is in her underwear, and Melissa's doll is royalty.

Sounds about right for all three of them. Jacque's doll is overdressed though.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

jacqui's is halle berry dressed up as ursula andress.
Yet still, I live...

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

TBeholder wrote:Exhibit A: Tiffany. After getting bitten she was afraid of cross-shaped mirrors. :)) At the same time, she knew exactly what a cursed mirror is, how to deal with it and recognized the problem instantly.
Except she wasn't. That was the joke: she was out in the sunlight, cleaning the holy water off her face in a cross-shaped mirror, all while convinced she was a vampire.
TBeholder wrote:Exhibit B: Faith. Also panicked at a little vampire bite, as opposed to something one would expect from her attitude as an informed decision - like, say, getting addicted and brainwashing herself a right-hand vampire just for this purpose long ago.
...huh? Why would she want a debilitating addiction? If she already were addicted, brainwashing a vampire for this purpose might be the smart move (and an interesting role reversal), but for all we know, that was part of what she was afraid of!
TBeholder wrote:Such things lead to rather curious bigger picture.
Except not "esper", but "magical cadet". They use their own style of spellcasting without any corrections or holding back, no one sees anything unusual.
That made sense before this chapter, but now it seems much less likely that the headmasters are friendly. No, these are legit monster hunters, albeit not the cream of the crop.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...huh? Why would she want a debilitating addiction? If she already were addicted, brainwashing a vampire for this purpose might be the smart move (and an interesting role reversal), but for all we know, that was part of what she was afraid of!
She's so decadent and hedonistic it couldn't end up in any other way.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:That made sense before this chapter, but now it seems much less likely that the headmasters are friendly.
"Somewhat friendly" (e.g. Layla and Brooke are "friends") and "completely trusting each other to do the right thing and not to mess up in highly suspicious circumstances while having responsibilities with which such circumstances can interfere" are two vastly different things.