Magick Chicks 26-10-12 The next report

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Magick Chicks 26-10-12 The next report

Post by Varanus »

Verse86 wrote:Maybe this was said in previous strip threads, but doesn't this whole no memory of the school conflict with the last arc in EC? I know they're different comics, but I would think they would have to keep it the same across both.
They remember the Charybdis school just fine, they just have no memory that they were sent to the monster hunting school to spy. It does seem though that they do have it subconsciously implanted to try to uncover information about the school for their eventual reports.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Mr. Bee wrote:I just take solace in the hope that eventually all 3 will eventually be able to revolt against the principal. Not turn traitor and betray the school mind you, but just finally telling her to shove it and they wont be part of her plans anymore.
I'm sure sooner or later they will... but will this be against the plan? :)
SilentChaos87 wrote:I remember when this seemed like it was just a punishment for the orb incident. Now the principal is acting like they're expendable and doesn't seem to much care for their well being. Consider that they're students and the principal outright lied to their parents about the transfer. Imagine how angry you'd be if you found out the principal of your child's school sent your kid and her friends into a place where they ran the risk of getting killed. The only thing going for them is that she doesn't seem to be observing them in any way beyond asking for reports.

The sooner the three of them find a way to defect the better. >_>
Way too many assumptions. Why do you think the principal lied to anyone at all? Or even is withholding most of the truth from anyone but these three?
I'm not sure how much they really risk - Faith is rather... atypical, though Tiffany is, too. But aside of punishment it looked like maybe shoving one's mistake away, or maybe simply changing methods. Or all four at once - why not?
But the question you touched is "what CH is really supposed to be?" - and we don't know that, but "a mass-produced public school supposed to mass-produce nodding dummies" doesn't seem to be on the list either way.
MonCappy wrote:I find it interesting that Mel chose not to mention the wand. I suspect that this will come to bite her in the ass later. Or possibly save her ass instead.
The vaguely fishing question in the first panel gives more credibility to the version it's not their principal, but someone knowing there was something to report which she won't tell anyone in AA.
But whether the report is requested by CH principal checking on AA or AA principal getting feedback, she may think herself clever and in the best position to compare notes, but in fact still was dangerously misinformed about the real situation. The danger of "I'm in power, no need to put an effort into being cooperative" is going far deeper and wider than the issue of whether Tiff is a "buffooooooon!" or not.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

actually we don't really know exactly what it is they're forgetting, only some of the things they remember. specifically that they know they're witches, and that they remember their old school & classmates, but not much more than that.

they might have some subliminal orders to gather info, but it's just as likely the principle is just exploiting their natural behavior as social climbers to guide them.

Tako wrote:
SilentChaos87 wrote:I remember when this seemed like it was just a punishment for the orb incident. Now the principal is acting like they're expendable and doesn't seem to much care for their well being. Consider that they're students and the principal outright lied to their parents about the transfer. Imagine how angry you'd be if you found out the principal of your child's school sent your kid and her friends into a place where they ran the risk of getting killed. The only thing going for them is that she doesn't seem to be observing them in any way beyond asking for reports.

The sooner the three of them find a way to defect the better. >_>
Maybe their parents are normal humans, who doesn't know of their girl's powers? We don't know s***t about the Cutieverse witches and how they become witches; maybe they are far descendants of witches and the curse has skipped several generations, or maybe they were born human and became witches after making a deal with Hekate...
i've always liked the idea that they all got their powers by murdering their parents as a sacrifice to their dark mistress.
Yet still, I live...

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

Raamyah wrote:So did anyone else think that Cerise was writing things down while she could remember everything?
eeeyup! :-?
TBeholder wrote:Unless the terms "cryptids" and "cursed" are commonly used in CH - and we don't have any indication of that, moreover, Melissa used the term "monstery monsters" in her imaginary misadventure - there's a non-zero chance that Jacqui left behind an illusory decoy and currently is on a dead run to warn the other two. Of course, whether the spell will still work away from the doll is another question entirely.
Liking the way you think :-?
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Artemisia wrote:I always thought 'try not to die' was good advice in general.
i'd even go so far as to call it words to live by.
Yet still, I live...

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Tako wrote:Maybe their parents are normal humans, who doesn't know of their girl's powers? We don't know s***t about the Cutieverse witches and how they become witches; maybe they are far descendants of witches and the curse has skipped several generations, or maybe they were born human and became witches after making a deal with Hekate...
If their "blood" is cursed, that means they got it from their parents.
'J' wrote:i've always liked the idea that they all got their powers by murdering their parents as a sacrifice to their dark mistress.
Although I doubt this, I always figured from the monsters' general attitude toward humans that Hekate wasn't averse to the odd police sergeant being thrown her way...

Tako

Post by Tako »

Varanus wrote:If Mel was still touching the wand when the amnesia spell reactivated, I wouldn't be surprised if it protected her from it. Then again that thing's powers are pretty unpredictable.
That's exactly what I thought. Mel is going to resist the amnesia spell and try to find what's happening.
I would like the witches to interact with the Paranormal Mystery Squad crew; the latter are a mixed group of hunters and cryptids (and, if we consider Charlotte Roth a witch instead of a magical cadet -her powers seem instinctive rather than trained -they would be a whole squad of monsters with a single human member), so the girls could be interested in that kind of cooperation (I know Mel would love to become a vampire hunter if she had the security that her slayer companion wouldn't turn against her).
Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Tako wrote:Maybe their parents are normal humans, who doesn't know of their girl's powers? We don't know s***t about the Cutieverse witches and how they become witches; maybe they are far descendants of witches and the curse has skipped several generations, or maybe they were born human and became witches after making a deal with Hekate...
If their "blood" is cursed, that means they got it from their parents.
As I said, maybe the curse skipped several generations; maybe their great-grandmothers were witches, but their parents aren't.

And their "blood" sure changes and becomes cursed when a human is turned into a monster, like Katie Kane or Heather Harley; both of them were born human, but their children, if they have them, won't be so.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

if their parents are unaware of their daughters' monsterosity, then who enrolled them into the expensive private school for monsters?
Yet still, I live...

Tako

Post by Tako »

Maybe themselves? They could have tricked or hypnotized their parents into accepting it and signing the papers, maybe with the aid of a senior witch or monster. Remember that normal people doesn't know the Charibdys School is for monsters. And remember that they were tricked into letting their girls to enroll into the Artemis Academy, and I doubt they did this knowingly, regardless of they being witches/warlocks too or clueless humans.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Passing Through wrote:Considering Hecate's reaction to that Wand that may well have been for the best.

Still, what was Cerise going to say? Bad idea to cut her off if you're her boss me'thinks.
Nothing important. The real question is how much of what Cerise remembered did she manage to write down...

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

Or if she wrote any of it down. She could simply have been referring to notes she took.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

She wouldn't need a pen in hand for that.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

brasca wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Now let's see how deep and strong that memory-submerging is. And what it effects.

Let's hope Cerise, for example, has not forgotten about her feelings and interactions with Callie.
Seeing as how the spell made them forget the exact reasons they transferred to Artemis Academy I don't see how it will make anything different except they can't plot against their former principal. Perhaps that's why she gave them amnesia.
I think it's more a liability issue. If they were captured, all they could say was "We were sent here as punishment for gender-bending our monster school." not "We were sent here to spy and gather intel for our monsterous principal, who's probably planning to bring you down." The only downside to erasing their memories is that they won't be putting any real effort into digging up info because they can't remember that's why they're there.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Tako wrote:I would like the witches to interact with the Paranormal Mystery Squad crew; the latter are a mixed group of hunters and cryptids (and, if we consider Charlotte Roth a witch instead of a magical cadet -her powers seem instinctive rather than trained -they would be a whole squad of monsters with a single human member), so the girls could be interested in that kind of cooperation
It may be "for grown-ups".
Tako wrote:(I know Mel would love to become a vampire hunter if she had the security that her slayer companion wouldn't turn against her).
Mel is not really that mean, just irritable. :) Why would she even want to kill vampires? Sure, they are snobby and insufferaable...
Kradeiz wrote:I think it's more a liability issue. If they were captured, all they could say was "We were sent here as punishment for gender-bending our monster school." not "We were sent here to spy and gather intel for our monsterous principal, who's probably planning to bring you down." The only downside to erasing their memories is that they won't be putting any real effort into digging up info because they can't remember that's why they're there.
And most likely they aren't supposed to dig anything special. It's just that between AA's "OMG! Monsters!" frenzy and borderline turning into Cowboy Corps (look at Tiffany and Faith - were run-ins with CH folk we have seen the only incidents so far? And how the others ended?) there are parties with legitimate reasons to be concerned.
Last edited by TBeholder on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

vampire hunter D wrote:Well, since chapter 5 they've all only been about 10 strips long. This one however is only about four though

Wait, it just hit me. You know what woulc be funny about now...

*headmistress finishing the anpmnesia spell*
To Jacqui: "Forget!"
To Cerise: "Forget!"
To Mel: "Forg..." *swat...fall...SMASH*
mel: "what was that?"
.........."Mow?"
That would be nice. ^^ We haven't seen Butterball since his or her introduction.