Q&A about Gisele's Archie work

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Q&A about Gisele's Archie work

Post by Artemisia »

The sketch on SDB made me laugh :))
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

Giz, was there a digest coming out sometime soon (August 2013) you did work for? I thought I'd seen that somewhere, but I don't remember.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Betty & Veronica Double Digest 215. Just the cover. :)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

So how come you weren't asked to do the Afterlife with Archie series? Or were you, but you turned it down?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

thebitterfig wrote:Most Archie comics operate in "comics time." [...] They are all perpetually juniors, dates gone wrong have no impact by the time the next weekend rolls around, and so forth.
Raamyah wrote:So how come you weren't asked to do the Afterlife with Archie series? Or were you, but you turned it down?
Holly G. found the perfect solution for these problems. :))
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Joe

Post by Joe »

I feel spoiled getting a full comic of your art at one time. I loved the Jetta references, too.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Raamyah wrote:So how come you weren't asked to do the Afterlife with Archie series? Or were you, but you turned it down?
Not asked, and honestly, I think they picked an artist more suited for it. I have something else on my plate for them though.
Joe wrote:I feel spoiled getting a full comic of your art at one time. I loved the Jetta references, too.
Glad you noticed them. :)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Giz wrote:I have something else on my plate for them though.
Another gender-bender story, I hope? I loved that issue. One of my favorite comics in recent memory.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

Giz wrote:
Not asked, and honestly, I think they picked an artist more suited for it. I have something else on my plate for them though.
In interest of cross-promotion, Afterlife is excellent (with coloring right up there with Matt Hollingsworth on Hawkeye), and I'm a guy with next-to-zero interest in zombie stories. Plus, one of the variant covers has my local comic shop on it.
Giz wrote:Betty & Veronica Double Digest 215. Just the cover. :)
Bought it anyhow. Archie needs to know Giz stiff sells, so they keep bringing you back. :D :D
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)