EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:35 am

I finally caved and started archive binging 'VC'/'PMS' and found something interesting: CH and AA both have cheerleading teams I never would've guessed. :)

User avatar
vampire hunter D
Posts: 4095
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Location: Jasoom

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by vampire hunter D » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:17 am

CH I would have. AA comes as a surprise
Pointless arguing is one of the three pillars upon which the Internet is built. The other two are of course cat pictures and porn.

User avatar
Cranium
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:13 am
Location: Valley of the Sun

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Cranium » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:11 am

Drivers Test must be killer in Argentina to delay Magic Chicks this many day! I wonder how many miles per day do they have Shouri drive?
(Below are some of Shouri's Post on Twitter).

Shouri @shourimajo · Nov 18
MC is late but this time I have a serious excuse I have to go take my driver's test what are commas aaaah

Shouri @shourimajo · Nov 19
Passed theory (ah, one question and it would have been perfect) and then it's with the car on Friday. I'm worried about that one lol

Shouri @shourimajo · Nov 21
Baah, couldn't fix my parking cause every time I practiced I did it perfect! :p Oh well, gotta try again next week
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Image
Grace head on Blair Body

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 am

*moved from 'Is it Scary?' discussion thread.*
wiseguy wrote:as we simpy interpret things as we see it, you as you want to see it, I as what seems most likely.
So you're saying I'm seeing something that isn't there? 'cuz I can link multiple examples that say otherwise.
wiseguy wrote:because the fact that she has Ash, she has an idea of what boys want, so she could be a good teacher to Abby about facts of life.
First and foremost, they aren't teachng Abby about what guys want, they're trying (and failing miserably) to teach her about sex. Chloe and Pandora have made it clear that what the guy wants doesn't factor into it for them.

Second, Faith was only 16, she was still learning about life herself, so how could she hope to teach Abby anything about it? Which is why I said Maria would have been better. She's been faithfully married to Eugene for at least, two centuries, and during that time, she's given birth to and raised 13 children. If anyone could sit Abby down and give her reliable advice about relationships and sex, it'd be her.

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 am

the adults are better, but for the young girls, Faith MIGHT BE the best choice

and your examples are what you feel is certain, and not "most probable, but is open to the possibility that it could be seen another way"

you feel that because she sees only girls and ONLY ONE BOY, it means she is lesbian aside from Ash, and can't see that she worries about her school only, and thus goes with girls from the Academy, and does not go out of her way to be with girls of other schools(might be only 1 or 2 , right now I can only think of possibly Layla)
ImageImage

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:19 am

wiseguy wrote:the adults are better, but for the young girls, Faith MIGHT BE the best choice
If you mean someone her age, Layla would be better choice then. She may be a virgin, but she's had enough boyfriends (and make-out experience) that she could likely give Abby a fair amount of dating advice.
wiseguy wrote:you feel that because she sees only girls and ONLY ONE BOY, it means she is lesbian aside from Ash
Let's look at everything the character herself has said, and what the comic itself has shown us, in regards to Faith's sexual preference:
  • 1. From the get-go, she was hitting on Tiffany and still was, at the time she and the others were sent to 'parts unknown'.
  • 4. Cerise confirmed that Faith's psychic link with the school reshaped it in her image and we saw the effect it had, because the students were hooking up with other girls. Not guys.
  • 5. When she thought 'fade-out girl' was calling her sexually impotent, Faith called bs and told her to ask any of her girlfriends as proof of her sexual prowess (no mention of her boyfriend, at all).
The evidence suggests she only had interest in one guy and that he was an exception to her usual preference. Just as Faith was becoming the exception for Tiffany, who's otherwise straight.
wiseguy wrote:and can't see that she worries about her school only, and thus goes with girls from the Academy, and does not go out of her way to be with girls of other schools(might be only 1 or 2 , right now I can only think of possibly Layla)
There are other girls in Faith's neighborhood, just as there are guys. If she limited herself to shagging fellow students, it's because she was attracted to those particular girls. 'cuz when she laid eyes on Layla, she liked what she saw and tried to shag her too.

User avatar
mikbuster
Posts: 2619
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:04 am

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by mikbuster » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:00 pm

How is a page where she says only one boy is worthy of being her boyfriend and only one girl is worthy of being her girlfriend evidence that she's a lesbian?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:03 pm

he feels that because she has constantly being with girls, and most of them from her school, with only a few selected cases(Layla, even though Faith was being mostly with her to get her away from Melissa and what she thought was a girl named Kade) being outside of it

while I say that there is a possibility that 1) is about consolidating power in her school and also through her esper powers, getting to know the girls of her school 2) if she had been in a coed school, she would have been with lot of girls AND boys 3) if she had met Dior, she would have found him interesting

and I always wondered if Faith would have made a move for "Rain" given the fact that

1) Cerise has not told Skye that she is a he, nor it seems to have told Hekate(so it seems that only Jacqui and Cerise knows that fact; but Cerise forgot? or decided to hide fact from even Hekate? or Cerise thinks Rain is intersex?)
2) Sandi thinks Rain is a girl

I know Faith hasn't (at least yet) because if she had, she probably would have found out she is a he(but there is an actual Rain, the sister of the "school Rain" and we haven't gotten what is his real name )
ImageImage

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 pm

mikbuster wrote:How is a page where she says only one boy is worthy of being her boyfriend and only one girl is worthy of being her girlfriend evidence that she's a lesbian?
You've asked me the same question before (over a year ago, in fact), I'll give you the same answer: If Faith had any interest in any other guys, wouldn't she have said so? :-\ It isn't like she lived in a convent. There was a school full of them directly across the street and I doubt her neighborhood was "girls only".

Also, it isn't just what she said, it's the orgy of evidence showing she prefers other girls (I figured all those links would've made that clear).
wiseguy wrote:with only a few selected cases (Layla, even though Faith was being mostly with her to get her away from Melissa and what she thought she was a girl named Kade) being outside of it.
She was doing both of them a favor, because she had made up her mind to do something generous for the next person she saw - which just happened to be Mel. Of course, when she saw Layla, it became less about "being generous" and more about Faith being horny:

Faith: "Yeah... sometimes you just have to do something nice for someone else... and hope that it works out for YOU too. ♥"
wiseguy wrote:and I always wondered if Faith would have made a move for Rain
If Faith had any interest in Rain, she would've already made a move. Why would she care whether he was actually a guy when she's already said there's only one worth her attention?

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:35 pm

wow!!!!!!!!!!! first you say "she goes for lot of women because she likes them" and now suddenly you play the "only one worth her attention" when even when she decided Tiff was the ONE, she still played with other girls in order to dismiss the notion that she might consider seducing the "girl Rain"

might is not same as definitely if you decide to use what I just said as meaning that I think Faith is guaranteed to make a move toward Rain(I did not)

BTW

you practically saying that she will never be interested in Jacqui, or probably you will play the card "oh, she does not make a move on Jacqui because she knows Jacqui is with her brother" to explain why she has not try to actually seduce her(only talk to her to make her reveal any info about Mel)
ImageImage

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm

wiseguy wrote:wow!!!!!!!!!!! first you say "she goes for lot of women because she likes them" and now suddenly you play the "only one worth her attention" when even when she decided Tiff was the ONE
Did you actually read my post, or any of what Faith said? :-\
Gotoh wrote:Why would care whether he was actually a guy, when she's already said there's only one worth her attention?
As in: "Everyone knows Ash is the only male worthy of her attention!"
wiseguy wrote:BTW

you practically saying that she will never be interested in Jacqui, or probably you will play the card "oh, she does not make a move on Jacqui because she knows Jacqui is with her brother" to explain why she has not try to actually seduce her(only talk to her to make her reveal any info about Mel)
When did I say anything about her and Jacqui? I thought we were talking about whether she'd be interested in Rain, had she known he was really a guy? :-\

As far any of the Hellrunes are concerned, she only had interest in Mel, and that was short-lived. Faith even said it herself, once she became serious about pursuing Tiffany, she dropped Mel. Which is why Faith teased her, when she thought Mel had gotten jealous and accused her of stalking her.

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 pm

was planning not to respond even thought I knew some people would interpret silence as conceding instead of one deciding that one is talking to a wall

but

I NEVER SAID Faith would be interested in Rain as soon as she found out that Rain was actually the "Actual Rain's brother" ((We don't know if Real Rain is older, younger or fraternal Twin of the Fake Rain)

I am saying that we can't dismiss the idea that Faith could decide in the future to make a move on "Rain" going by fact that As far as she knows, Rain is a girl(only Jacqui and MAYBE Cerise know that, and I am saying Maybe Cerise because we can't know for certain if Cerise forgot, decided not to tell Skye and Hekate or Cerise thinks Rain is intersex)



you tend to close possibilities when things seem to mold into what you see as facts, while I never close in my mind things that still has chances of being
ImageImage

User avatar
mikbuster
Posts: 2619
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:04 am

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by mikbuster » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Gotoh wrote:
mikbuster wrote:How is a page where she says only one boy is worthy of being her boyfriend and only one girl is worthy of being her girlfriend evidence that she's a lesbian?
You've asked me the same question before (over a year ago, in fact), I'll give you the same answer: If Faith had any interest in any other guys, wouldn't she have said so? :-\ It isn't like she lived in a convent. There was a school full of them directly across the street and I doubt her neighborhood was "girls only".

Also, it isn't just what she said, it's the orgy of evidence showing she prefers other girls (I figured all those links would've made that clear).
As evidence, it shows that she has a similar relationship to "the only boy" that she offered to Tiff. There is a strong implication that what she has with Ash is the same thing she offered to Tiff. So, if Tiff had accepted, she would only have one boyfriend and one girlfriend and no others. The "orgy of evidence" only shows that she hasn't found a girl worthy of being her only girlfriend that has accepted yet. That one link in particular actually introduces strong evidence against your assertion that she's a lesbian with a single exception for one guy. That's why I wonder why you'd introduce it as evidence for her being a lesbian when her offering the same relationship as what she has with Ash only with a girl seems to indicate that it's not an exception, but part of how she's sees relationships. She likely dated lots of boys before Ash and probably would again if he were taken out of the picture, for betraying her for example.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Gotoh
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:46 pm

wiseguy wrote:I am saying that we can't dismiss the idea that Faith could decide in the future to make a move on "Rain" going by fact that As far as she knows, Rain is a girl(only Jacqui and MAYBE Cerise know that, and I am saying Maybe Cerise because we can't know for certain if Cerise forgot, decided not to tell Skye and Hekate or Cerise thinks Rain is intersex)
Cerise didn't know the guy she saw was Rain and still thinks he's a girl, 'cuz Jacqui didn't tell her, since she had already told Rain she'd keep it a secret.
wiseguy wrote:you tend to close possibilities when things seem to mold into what you see as facts, while I never close in my mind things that still has chances of being
So do I, provided there's anything that suggests that it could happen, or might happen. Except there hasn't been any indication that Faith would ever take an interest in Rain, either way. :-??

For all the jokes people have made about her being the school "bicycle", she doesn't go for just any and every girl she sees. And she's made her stance on guys pretty clear. It'd be different if she were liked Kade, and said 'Ash is the only guy for me!' only to turn around shag some other guy two scenes later. Instead, she's been true to what she told Tiffany about him. As far as guys are concerned: he's her one and only.

As far as girls are concerned, Tiffany would be her one and only... if she accepts Faith's offer.

That isn't closing my mind to the possibility of any of that changing. It's stating things as they are, or as they appear to be .
mikbuster wrote:As evidence, it shows that she has a similar relationship to "the only boy" that she offered to Tiff. There is a strong implication that what she has with Ash is the same thing she offered to Tiff.
How so? :-\
mikbuster wrote:The "orgy of evidence" only shows that she hasn't found a girl worthy of being her only girlfriend that has accepted yet. That one link in particular actually introduces strong evidence against your assertion that she's a lesbian with a single exception for one guy.
It does? When did she make any of those other girls the same offer? 'cuz, unless I missed something, Tiffany's been the only one she's extended that invitation to. She even stressed that twice: 1. while she was nursing her back to health at her place 2. again, while they were at the spa.

I also figured the fact Ash acknowledged that he knew Faith slept around with other girls, along with the fact ther psychic link with the school had other girls doing the same thing, or the fact she brought up all her girlfriends to 'fade-out' girl would be more than sufficient evidence that she's a lesbian.

Banging Ash on the side doesn't change that for her. There's a trope for it.
mikbuster wrote:She likely dated lots of boys before Ash and probably would again if he were taken out of the picture, for betraying her for example.
Again, based on what? 'cuz it doesn't seem like it, nor has she ever said anything about dating other guys, prior to Ash. About the most that's ever been said about her past love life was:
TCampbell wrote:I'd hazard a guess that Faith, in her early days at the Academy, dated "upperclassmen" which made her noticed.
Granted, he said that was only a guess, but the implication suggests she would have been dating fellow students at AA.

Double post merged. The DAMNed

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:14 pm

1) Kade on the time Faith met "him", was still a girl

2) Faith told Tiff that in order to be "exclusive" Tiff would have to stop what she did with Amelia, which indicates Faith either would be P..s if she found about Ash and Melissa http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/my ... ngs_to_her or since Ash can play on the side with both girls and boys(Dior), than she can play on the side with girls AND BOYS as long as both are in the same wavelength (both "exclusive" or both do not have to go "exclusive" )
ImageImage

Post Reply