EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cranium

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Cranium »

Hmm No. LOL. It be smash/smash ... pause for funny dialogue, more dialogue ... smash ... more dialogue did I say more dialogue? Dave's story telling not very conducive to round by round combat. He best stay to non combat funny story telling.
I did thou enjoy the food fight from RWBY was very cool. Very destructive hole in roof and what not ... wonder if wave of the teachers wand did it undo all that damage.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cranium wrote:Dave's story telling not very conducive to round by round combat.
There have been several serious fight scenes - like this one, which ended on a cliff-hanger. Or the one where Faith tried to hold off Svletvana and Veronique on her own, despite her condition. Or the fight between Ash and Brooke which went on for awhile and ended with Brooke almost killing him.

Remember those? :-\
Cranium wrote:He best stay to non combat funny story telling.
They've done serious fight scenes too, Plus, we get to read it for free (unless you've bought the print editions).

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

I remember those and they not real prolong fight scenes. I have bought the print editions that have come out for magic chicks so far.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cranium: No fight involving Faith is gonna be long, unless she holds back, or feels like playing around first. But Ash's fight with Brooke lasted for a fair amont of time. So did Dakota's fight against Anastasia, 'cuz they were going at it before Mel and co. voted to go back to her house. And that one was pretty serious too.

The fights don't necessarily need to be long either, unless you're expecting shounen style matchups that last for multiple chapters. :-??

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Chapters? VOLUMES!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

See what the stress has done to Don now? He's gone and got tats and carcinogen habit!
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

He does look different today, doesn't he? :p
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:@Cranium: No fight involving Faith is gonna be long, unless she holds back, or feels like playing around first.
Or if she gets overly cocky, or is overpowered by a stronger opponent. Which has happened.
But Ash's fight with Brooke lasted for a fair amount of time. So did Dakota's fight against Anastasia, 'cuz they were going at it before Mel and co. voted to go back to her house. And that one was pretty serious too.
Who's to say how long any of these battles actually lasted, though? There's nothing saying exactly how much time passed within any of these battles before someone intervened.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Gotoh wrote:@Cranium: No fight involving Faith is gonna be long, unless she holds back, or feels like playing around first.
Or if she gets overly cocky, or is overpowered by a stronger opponent. Which has happened.
If by "stronger" you mean Hecate, yes, I already said that a few posts prior to this one in this thread.

Aside, from that, we haven't seen anyone overpower her. When she fought Sveltvana and Veronique, she'd been stripped of her power and left physically weakened - whereas Hecate had turned them into a pair of juggernauts, remember?
Fluffy wrote:Who's to say how long any of these battles actually lasted, though? There's nothing saying exactly how much time passed within any of these battles before someone intervened.
Unless Tiffany and Melissa can move like Wally West, I think we can safely assume those fights lasted at least several minutes each.

Tiffany had to run to and from Faith's locker, struggle with the false panel, and had a brief conversation with pixie Mel. During which, Faith was shown to be on her feet and still fighting. That doesn't sound like a quick trip right outside the Ninja Club room.

Likewise, Ash's fight with Brooke was already underway by the time Mow found Mel and the wand had to whisk her to where they were. She basically stood there watching, 'til Brooke smacked the wand out of her hand, causing Mel to chase after it. Ash was still fighting, but by the time she came back, he was beaten.

We may not know exactly how long each of them lasted, but we can reasonably infer that neither one ended quickly.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

We've seen Tiffany as she trains - the girl is depicted as being particularly nibble and quick.

And how fast did she have to move in order to get between Faith and a blood starved Layla?

So yes, I think she could very well get from point A to point B in a very short amount of time.

She had to struggle with the panel, true - but did it say how long she had to struggle with it? No. For all anyone knows, it could have been a very few short seconds. And who's to say how far Faith's locker is from the hot springs room? It could be rather clsoe by, for all anyone knows. And the conversation between Tiffany and pixie Mel was rather hurried (or I found it was meant to be that way; not as a casual conversation between chums).

And no, we can't determine how fast or short each battle was - as there's no evidence to show the time span either way (that's entirely up to the reader's interpretation).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:We've seen Tiffany as she trains - the girl is depicted as being particularly nibble and quick.

And how fast did she have to move in order to get between Faith and a blood starved Layla?

So yes, I think she could very well get from point A to point B in a very short amount of time.
Tiffany was standing right there observing the fight, when she jumped inbetween them. That's a stark contrast to having to run to and from Faith's locker, while pausing to make conversation.

So unless you're assuming Faith's locker was right outside, or somewhere close, she was likely gone a couple of minutes.
Fluffy wrote:She had to struggle with the panel, true - but did it say how long she had to struggle with it? No. For all anyone knows, it could have been a very few short seconds. And who's to say how far Faith's locker is from the hot springs room? It could be rather clsoe by, for all anyone knows. And the conversation between Tiffany and pixie Mel was rather hurried (or I found it was meant to be that way; not as a casual conversation between chums).
For that to be possible, Tiffany would have to been the Flash and talk as fast as Watsky raps. She didn't seem to be in any hurry, until she remembered Faith was still fighting for her life.
Fluffy wrote:And no, we can't determine how fast or short each battle was - as there's no evidence to show the time span either way (that's entirely up to the reader's interpretation).
Which is why I said we can infer that each lasted a few minutes, based on however far Tiff had to run to Faith's locker, and the distance Brooke swatted the wand - unless you think it landed anywhere nearby.

Simply put: it's an estimation, based on best guess. Similar to estimatong the amount of time it might take you to make a quick trip to the grocer's, based on distance, means of transport, and how long you think it'll take to find everything on your list and check-out. It might be 10 min. by car, but more than double that time if you're on foot.

Goth Wolf

Post by Goth Wolf »

Is MC on a hiatus or something, been a while since the last update?
One tequlia, two tequila, three tequila ,FLOOR!!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Shouri is busy with other things.

I'm not deeply appraised of the situation, but generally, everyone should remember that making these webcomics does not make the artists a lot of money. If they get the chance for further freelance jobs, they need to take them, and if those jobs are in the publishing industry, with hard deadlines affixed to them, then they take priority.

We all are getting these comics totally free, so please, no one should feel too entitled (just as a general comment).
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Goth Wolf wrote:Is MC on a hiatus or something, been a while since the last update?
Giz already addressed this in the Q&A thread. She said they're still busy getting everything together for the printing of vol.6 of 'Ma3' and said updates of 'Magick Chicks' should resume by September.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

MC page says mid September and it's now past mid and into end! We need MC back :)

Quote removed. The DAMNed