EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Post Reply
Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 pm

wiseguy wrote:1) Kade on the time Faith met "him", was still a girl
I think you misread my post again. I didn't say she liked Kade, I said if she were like him. Meaning, if she behaved the same as he does.
wiseguy wrote:2) Faith told Tiff that in order to be "exclusive" Tiff would have to stop what she did with Amelia
No, the deal was Faith would stop seeing other girls if Tiffany asked her to - with the understanding that if Tiffany asked, it'd mean she was accepting the offer.

Which is why Tiffany hasn't done it yet, because she still hasn't made up her mind, 'cuz she's still trying to come to terms with being attracted to another girl. Let alone, the girl she's decided is 'the bad guy'.

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 pm

wow, you skipped conveniently what I posted about Ash

reminds me of the Bible quoters, that quote just portions of certain passages, and making it interpretation of just that part, and not taking into the picture how it changes or might change if one sees the whole passage
ImageImage

Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Not sure why you're being snide, since it's uncalled-for, but:
wiseguy wrote:wow, you skipped conveniently what I posted about Ash
How many times do the characters need to say it? How many times do I need to link to what they've said? If you're gonna continue to disregard it, because it doesn't suit your argument, then there's really no point addressing it further.

Have we seen Faith playing both sides? No. She said Ash was the only guy worth her time, and he's the only guy we've ever seen her with. There's been nothing that indicates otherwise.

Ash said he knew she slept around with other girls ("her conquests"), he said nothing about her seeing other guys. I don't know what else you need.
wiseguy wrote:reminds me of the Bible quoters, that quote just portions of certain passages, and making it interpretation of just that part, and not taking into the picture how it changes or might change if one sees the whole passage
If you think I'm cherrypicking, point out any part of any of your posts you feel I haven't answered, though I'm sure I already have. I don't skimp.

Which is ironic, since you're accusing me, yet when I ask: 'based on what...?' all you've provided are a bunch of what-ifs, while ignoring what the characters themselves have said.

CFT
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by CFT » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Before I say anything else, let me state that personal accusations of the kind that have been exchanged between you two in the last few pages are really rude and unecessary and I hope that you both refrain from continuing on that path and get back to discussing the topic at hand.

On which topic, I find my personal opinion being more closer to wiseguy's, ALTHOUGH there is ZERO evidence on either side. It's just the way I personally see the characters, my "gut feeling" from how they are written.

And those feelings lead me to believe (I repeat, without hard evidence), that:
- Faith is truly/fully bisexual (I'd even say pansexual, lol) and not a lesbian with one guy exception
- As wiseguy said, her "offer to be exclusive" with Tiffany COULD indicate the following backstory about Faith:
--- When her sexuality first "awakened", she found she was attracted to both boys and girls and -aided by her natural and her "psyhic" charm- proceeded to date a whole bunch of them in pretty much the same way she did with the Artemis Academy female students.
--- Then, she got really smitten with Ash -he was the first male truly "worthy" of her- and after some time (maybe because he asked her to do so, maybe it was her idea) they settled in this "Ash is her exclusive male partner" status, and she no longer looks around for more males.
--- Then, she got really smitten with Tiffany and was trying to make her her girlfriend, her feelings only intensified when she recognized Tiffany as "the only female truly 'worthy' of her" and made her the offer for (female) exclusivity. If Tiffany had accepted, Faith would be in an almost-monogamic relationship, with one male and one female partner that she values above all others and she would stop chasing members of either race.
--- [joke] Finally, she would create a new category -cryptids of any gender- and she would start dating them until she found "the only cryptid truly 'worthy' of her", and then ... [/joke] :-j

The above could be tremendously wrong, but -using the context of the comic thus far - it is an equally valid interpetation of Faith's past and of Faith's behavior than the one that Gotoh is proposing, and it's the one that feels better in my mind.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:35 am

CFT wrote:Before I say anything else, let me state that personal accusations of the kind that have been exchanged between you two in the last few pages are really rude and unecessary and I hope that you both refrain from continuing on that path and get back to discussing the topic at hand.
I wasn't being rude. :-\


On topic: I'd still have to disagree for the reason you stated - there's nothing that supports, or even implies that Faith ever dated other guys, prior to Ash. She isn't shy about sharing details about her past lovers. If there'd been another guy, at any point in her life, I think she would've said so by now.

One of the most telling instances being, when she was talking to 'fade-out' girl. Faith's response was: "Ask any of my girlfriends".

There was no mention of: 'or my boyfriends'.

To me, that's telling of both her sexual preference and her history. Just as when Cerise confirmed Faith's psychic link with the school was effecting the student body and reshaped it in her image. We didn't see girls swinging both ways, we saw them in hall hooking up with each other.

In all honesty, based on everything we've been told and shown about the subject, it seems she's a lesbian who makes an exception where Ash is concerned. With Tiffany being the exact opposite: straight, but possibly willing to make an exception for Faith.

Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:16 pm

*conversation moved from here*
wiseguy wrote:I still think Layla (not Lamia) would hate not being popular.
Agreed here.
wiseguy wrote:but she would be okay with being one of the 10 most popular of the school, she would not cry if someone else is number one as long as she is still popular.
How'd you work out a number? :-\

In any case, no, she would not be okay would that. Layla has too much pride to settle for being second fiddle to anyone, she's made that clear twice. Even when Doompantied Chloe thought she had Layla under her thumb, Layla flat-out told her that wasn't happening. And when they saw each othr again at the dance, Layla told Chloe she wasn't gonna bow to her, or anyone else; including Faith.

Layla didn't even like it when Nina's popularity exceeded hers, and you think she'd be okay with some othe girl surpassing her? Hell no. There's no way she'd settle for being second best to Melissa. We saw that much when they met face-to-face.
wiseguy wrote:and Attractiveness Isolation is about others "avoiding her" despite admiring her.
I'm aware, but once again, you missed my point.

Layla doesn't have any friends either (excluding Tiff), which is why she has to hang out with her kid sister's friends. In her case, it's a combination of being hated by would-be rivals, and admired by those that wish they could be like her. Case in point: look at the conversation here, where you can see shades of both sides.

Cess and Laura were envious, those other students were starstruck by how glamorous Layla was and called her and Dio a storybook couple. They even said she was a shoo-in for Homecoming Queen. Doompantied Chloe became obsessed with wanting to take it all away from her.

Ask yourself: when has Mel ever generated that type of buzz? Or turned even half as many heads?

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:48 pm

the thing is, that most of your "Layla is popular" links are after the transfer, as I said, before that Layla did not care about being number 1 until she became one, and I think you selling Layla (not lamia) short, her friends are (maybe in different degrees but still) Tiff, Brooke, Kade, Nina(just because she is a sis does not mean they can't have friendship too) and somewhat Blair(main goals are besides panties and seeing girls kiss, taking care of Lamia, and he cares about the girls, otherwise he could have killed both girls while they are sleep and that way take care of the "Lamia threat )"

and about not worrying about being number 2 or a lil lower

it all depends on specifics of what we talking about

the top jock of the baseball team might worry about the top jock of the basketball team if we talking about people measuring who is the top sports player of the school

but

the top jock of the baseball team would not worry about the top guy of the chess team as he does not see playing chess as important, and he would see any person thinking the chess player is the top sports player as stupid


Before the transfer and Laura and Cessily (remember that for them, before the transfer, Mel WAS the Queen Bee) made her the Queen Bee, she did not worry about it
ImageImage

Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:24 pm

wiseguy wrote:the thing is, that most of your "Layla is popular" links are after the transfer, as I said, before that Layla did not care about being number 1 until she became one
And I've shown you links from before the transfer, where Mel was the one trying to compete with Layla. Notice who was trying to steal who's boyfriend and which of them was eager to accept the other's seconds.
wiseguy wrote:and I think you selling Layla (not lamia) short, her friends are (maybe in different degrees but still) Tiff, Brooke, Kade, Nina(just because she is a sis does not mean they can't have friendship too)
They're still her sister's friends, that's been outright stated. But as we saw during her conversations with Tiffany and her mom, she really doesn't have any friends of her own. Which is why she was worried about what Cess, Laura, and Mel would think if they found out she was best friends with a human.
wiseguy wrote:it all depends on specifics of what we talking about

the top jock of the baseball team would not worry about the top guy of the chess team as he does not see playing chess as important, and he would see any person thinking the chess player is the top sports player as stupid
True. Except we're not talking about sports, or club activities, and Layla isn't concerned about any of that either. When Doompantied Chloe tried to take her place, Layla took it as a challenge and accepted. And when her kid sister surpassed her (albeit temporarily) it upset her.

Remember: Mel said popularity at CH is determined by the number of boys they impress. Layla has turned many heads and we've seen how badly guys wanna get with her. But Nina was outdoing her, which forced Layla to compete with her for Dio's attention, and for the rest of the guys at their school.
wiseguy wrote:Before the transfer and Laura and Cessily (remember that for them, before the transfer, Mel WAS the Queen Bee) made her the Queen Bee, she did not worry about it
No she wasn't, and anyone would be a queen bee compared to Cess and Laura, since neither of them are popular. So regardless of what they thought, we saw how things actually stood at the school. And, from everything the comic's shown us, Layla was clearly above Mel.

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 pm

you showed how Mel saw it, as she saw Layla as a threat

the only way to settle things would be if somehow "that world was real" and we could take a poll of the CH students before Mel's transfer and another one right after the "layla is Gay story", as you imagining that the way the whole school rallied behind Layla in the she is gay thing shows how it was during the Mel's coven era

the way Mel saw it is pretty much like the star quarterback that goes to a professional baseball game, and sees that a classmate is a peanuts vendor, and sees he throws peanuts bag farther and more accurately than how he throws footballs, thus he sees that classmate as a threat even though that classmate has no interest in becoming a QB
ImageImage

Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:31 am

wiseguy wrote:you showed how Mel saw it, as she saw Layla as a threat
Which, in itself, is telling.

Was Layla trying to compete with Mel? No, she didn't have to because Mel wasn't a concern for her. On the other hand, Mel felt threatened by Layla. Why do you suppose that was, if Layla wasn't competing with her?
wiseguy wrote:the only way to settle things would be if somehow "that world was real" and we could take a poll of the CH students before Mel's transfer and another one right after the "layla is Gay story", as you imagining that the way the whole school rallied behind Layla in the she is gay thing shows how it was during the Mel's coven era
My point has nothing to do with the kids at school mistaking her for a lesbian. I've said that several times.

It's simple: Mel said popularity is determined by the number of guys they impress. Her words. So how many guys did she? :-\

Apparently not many, since she can't get a date of her own, has to resort to trying (and failing) to steal other girls' boyfriends, she transferred out of school yet not one guy made a peep, was so hard up for male attention (by her own admission) that she threw herself at the first one that happened to walk by, and had to resort to manipulation and blackmail to get Ace to go out with her, because he was about to turn her down.

By contrast: Layla has had the both of the hottest guys at the school vying for her (Kade and Dio), and had the rest in tears when they thought she was a lesbian, because it'd mean they no longer had a chance to get with her. So, according to Mel's own words, Layla was clearly more popular than she was/is, because she's impressed far more guys.

In addition, she's generated more buzz around the school than Mel ever did.
wiseguy wrote:the way Mel saw it is pretty much like the star quarterback that goes to a professional baseball game, and sees that a classmate is a peanuts vendor, and sees he throws peanuts bag farther and more accurately than how he throws footballs, thus he sees that classmate as a threat even though that classmate has no interest in becoming a QB
If Layla's supposed to be the "vendor", it'd mean the crowd was showing up because of her, instead of watching the game. If that's the case, it'd mean that vendor was more popular than the entire football team, which further proves my point.

User avatar
magco2000
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by magco2000 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:22 am

Gotoh wrote: Mel said popularity is determined by the number of guys they impress. Her words. So how many guys did she? :-\

Apparently not many, since she can't get a date of her own, has to resort to trying (and failing) to steal other girls' boyfriends

Become popular doesn't mean having everything you want

Faith wanted Tiff but Tiff rejected her
Image
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

Gotoh
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:42 am

magco2000 wrote:[Become popular doesn't mean having everything you want
Which has nothing to do with what Melissa said, and doesn't change the fact that Layla outclassed her in both the guy department and the amount of attention she's gained at school.

Incidentally, Mel has never gotten anything she wanted. She couldn't compete with Layla, had worse luck against Faith, and didn't care about the popularity she'd gained at Artemis because she isn't onboard with how their social scene works.

User avatar
wiseguy
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am
Location: California

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by wiseguy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:58 am

at that time she wanted popularity, but wanted it to be by being the mean girl of the school, not by being the "nicest" and the heroine
ImageImage

User avatar
tau neutrino
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by tau neutrino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am

Nina's favorite chocolate, Scharffen Berger, has been listed as one of The 13 Most Influential Candy Bars of All Time.

User avatar
Cajun_Shaun
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:29 am

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Cajun_Shaun » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 pm

The following are a few ideas I would personally like to see explored!

EC: More on Maria Delacroix - As in what exactly was her role in the truce talks between the cryptids and monster hunters.
More about her time with Adora Love.
The introduction of her 11 other children.
What Ace's father looks like in his human form. Find some way to bring back the female Ace.

MC: A story arc focusing on the all boys school Apollo Academy.

DC: A reunion between Chloe and Adora, and her opinion on how her daughter is dealing with her contract with Teddy.


I'll post more ideas later on when I can.

Post Reply