EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: EC/MC/DC General Discussion

Post by Gotoh »

Cajun_Shaun wrote:EC: More on Maria Delacroix - As in what exactly was her role in the truce talks between the cryptids and monster hunters.
What truce talks? :-\

There's an entire school (possibly two) that trains its students to hunt and kill cryptids.
Cajun_Shaun wrote:Find some way to bring back the female Ace.
Please, no. Let the poor guy stay a guy. There aren't that many of 'em in EC/MC as it is.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

about Maria, not sure if the "truce thing" is derived from EC itself or from VC, but we have to think of both worlds as "different ones"

just like at one time DC comics had Batman, superman that never was superboy, Alan Scott Green lantern, Jay Garrick Flash and JSA in one earth and Batman, Superman that was superboy, Hal Jordan green Lantern, Barry Allen flash and JLA as another earth (before crisis on infinity earths period when both earths merged)
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:about Maria, not sure if the "truce thing" is derived from EC itself or from VC
There weren't any truce talks in either one, unless he's thinking of the phone conversation between Maria and Steph. :-??

As you can see, it wasn't a truce. Steph only promised that she (and PMS) wouldn't kill the cheerleaders. But their M.O. had already changed, prior to that phone call, since Steph was cooperating with PETM by that time.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and is VC, not EC, and we should see VC and EC as alternate earths, not the same earth
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@wiseguy: Which is beside the point, because there wasn't a truce.

Cajun_Shaun

Post by Cajun_Shaun »

Sorry I was referring to the "secret talks" that were held at the Delacroix's house that Charlotte was telling J.C. about while Steph was on the phone with Maria in VC. So just go ahead an ignore that idea and move on to the rest.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cajun_Shaun: In that case, you'd have to ask Adam about it, in the VC forum, but here's all he ever said about it.

On that note, while the PMS crew were close friends of the Delacroix Family and know about Charybdis Heights, the events in PMS/VC aren't canonical to EC/MC (or so I've heard),

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Adam considers them canon in the PMS/VC verse, whereas Giz et al. do NOT consider them canon in the *Cniverse.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cajun_Shaun

Post by Cajun_Shaun »

Cajun_Shaun wrote:The following are a few ideas I would personally like to see explored!

EC: More on Maria Delacroix - More about her time with Adora Love.
The introduction of her 11 other children.
What Ace's father looks like in his human form. Find some way to bring back the female Ace.

MC: A story arc focusing on the all boys school Apollo Academy.

DC: A reunion between Chloe and Adora, and her opinion on how her daughter is dealing with her contract with Teddy.

I'll post more ideas later on when I can.

So what are your thoughts about the rest of the ideas?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cajun_Shaun: Mine would be different. The main things I'd like to see addressed/explored are:
  • For MC
  • 1. I wanna know why the CH principal is spying on Artemis Academy and why she's using the Hellrunes to do it, when she said she has a colleague at AA. So why not use her associate instead?
  • 2. How is it that the general public doesn't seem to be aware of the existence of cryptids, after the invasion of Montreal?
  • 3. When was AA founded and whether the general public knows what's really being taught there. Or is it like the Xavier Institute, where their public face is that of a private school?
  • 4. I'd like to see the Shadow Realm explored, so we can get a better idea of what it's like.
  • 5. Do esper powers run in Faith's family, or is it limited to only her, since Paul doesn't seem to have any.
  • 7. Who is Ms. Lepommier, really? 'cuz we've never seen her before, or since that strip.
There's other things I'd like to know, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Cajun_Shaun

Post by Cajun_Shaun »

@Gotoh I like and agree with everything you mentioned!

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:@Cajun_Shaun: Mine would be different. The main things I'd like to see addressed/explored are:
  • For MC
  • 7. Who is Ms. Lepommier, really? 'cuz we've never seen her before, or since that strip.
Probably a one-shot character who's exactly what she appears to be: an ethically challenged French teacher, designed to illustrate Faith's personality.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I love the idea of a French teacher at a school for monster hunters. This being Canada, they've got to exist, but the idea of having a French lesson between Dianic magic and vampire biology is just wonderfully surreal.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

tau neutrino wrote:
Gotoh wrote:7. Who is Ms. Lepommier, really? 'cuz we've never seen her before, or since that strip.
Probably a one-shot character who's exactly what she appears to be: an ethically challenged French teacher, designed to illustrate Faith's personality.
Maybe, but I doubt that's all it was.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Gotoh wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:
Gotoh wrote:7. Who is Ms. Lepommier, really? 'cuz we've never seen her before, or since that strip.
Maybe, but I doubt that's all it was.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.