14-07-10 Yipe!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Bear
BANNED

Re: 14-07-10 Yipe!

Post by Bear »

Hmm.. four ears... would have looked better if his had moved back and up, stretched and turned grey and pointed back in my mind, rather then the two new ones appearing. But thats just me.

Poor Ace though... never argue with someones scarey big sister. :ymdevil:

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

TheEighth wrote:Does anyone else hope that Ace has an, presently unseen, older sibling who's itching to tear into anyone who threatens him?
I personally think that Ace would benefit from older siblings, if just because he needs a mentor. He wouldn't get into nearly as much trouble if he would just chill and not freak out so much. He'd do that if he got a little perspective.
Seriously, I like Ace, he's one of my favorite characters. But I'm sick of how he's getting treated in the story. The track meet, getting threatened by Layla for no real reason, getting stuck with a fairly, borderline completely, incompetent partner for a project coughninacough. He's one of the unluckiest characters I've ever seen.
"We're made to suffer; It's our lot in life." ;)
To be fair, Ace didn't really contribute much to the project either (through little fault of his own, but still); relying exclusively on Nina to finish it for him is setting himself up for failure. Also, Nina's wasn't so much historically inaccurate as biased because of Nina being a relative and because of her general rose-colored disposition. I thought the history teacher's reaction was a little harsh myself, but it was funny so se la vi.
If anything, I have to say I'm impressed with Layla. I never through she'd snap at the sight of her crying sister.
I thought it was super cute. But I have a crush on Layla anyway.
There are two things I'd like to see happen. One, I'd like to see Ace finally get some happiness. Everyone else has, and he deserves some more than anyone at the moment. And two, though her outburst is somewhat justified, I'd like to see that self-righteous bloodsucker Layla get what's coming to her.
There were shades of this when the school was overrun by Cloe-crush-zombies, Layla was made a fool of multiple times in that arch if I remember correctly. I just chalk it up to being a facet of all characters like Layla. Thing is, Layla acts the way she does because she never has had serious comeuppance. If she had, she would be a very different character.
And on one final note, if Chloe's going through succubus puberty, I wonder what werewolf puberty is like? I hope to see that in the future of Eerie Cuties. Maybe he'll go all half beast on us, or go through a personality shift.
I agree, that would be fun to see. The main thing I want for this comic is greater explanation how each monster race works, but I just squee over mythology in general, so...
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

In looking at his doggie ears and then checking out his human ears in that frame as well as the other panels, it looks like the human ones are regressing while the dog ones are coming in. It does make sense in where they're coming from since dogs' ears aren't on the sides of their head, but rather the edges of the top.

Monzach

Post by Monzach »

I wonder if this is an overture for: 1) death; 2) destruction; and 3) raw werewolf stew? :))

I really feel sorry for young Ace, he really doesn't seem to be able to catch a break. If things work as fairly for him as they seem to have done so far, I wouldn't be surprised if werewolf puberty involved a, ahem, "doglike" way of marking one's territory... :-s
If I tend to lurk, it might be because I'm a U-Boat fanboy *turns on the passive sonar and equips the Ruhmenkorff device*

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

That just made me think of the Jack Nicolson movie, Wolf.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

RoninAngel wrote:se la vi.
*cringes*

That's "c'est la vie.", monsieur!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Don Alexander wrote:So he suddenly has four ears???
Human pair magically disappeared. :p
Click refresh if you don't see it. :)

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

The gods have spoken: let Ace have one pair of ears! :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Giz wrote:Human pair magically disappeared. :p
Click refresh if you don't see it. :)
So now I must not forget to save the blooper reel when I get home, where the old version is still open. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

KamikazeCocoaBean

Post by KamikazeCocoaBean »

Now, I consider myself more of a werewolf fan, as I like them FAR better than vampires. However... I have no love for Ace. Seeing him nearly crap himself (or possibly having done so already) just from being yelled at by Layla makes me giggle. Layla has quickly become one of my favorite characters in EC, second only to Chloe.

Can't say as I'm a real big fan of Kade, either, so I'm glad Layla's more concerned about her sister than him at this time.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

Ace is doomed as are straight men to be tormented as the butt of every joke. =))

Layla being the Loving overprotective sister just too Cute.

hokova

Post by hokova »

KamikazeCocoaBean: you know, I totally ADORE your avatar! =))
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

blablabla

Post by blablabla »

Hey look, another Gary and another cliché. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

If Ace has you so blase, skip Monday. New arc starts on Wednesday.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Giz wrote:If Ace has you so blase, skip Monday. New arc starts on Wednesday.
Wait, what?! We're not even 5 comics into this one.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/