05-07-10 Attention to grammar!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Bear
BANNED

Re: 05-07-10 Attention to grammar!

Post by Bear »

Oh noes... they've both been doomed! Kade by Nina's cuteness, and Ace by having to hear about him.. over and over and over.... :ymdevil:

someone

Post by someone »

theodoric476 wrote:Er..... Whiskers? Does Nina know something we do not?
How much of Kade's writings has she read to know anything about his grammar? She's just pretty much making stuff up as she goes.

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Teacher wrote:But I am waiting to see what will happen to Layla...jealousy I do predict.
Good point. Up until now, Layla's one redeeming quality (apart from her jailbaity hawtness) has been her devotion to her little sister. But if she picks up on Nina's new crush (and she will; Nina and subtlety don't go together), things could get ugly.

True, Nina has no hope of actually getting with Kade; although she's fourteen she's still too little-girly in both appearance and personality to distract him from Layla. But since when is jealousy rational?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Nina is channeling Teach! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Two things... one, Nina's hair is a darker purple... (X-files theme song plays in the background) *looks around for source of song playing*

Um... anyways... second, her mouth is puckered as she sighs in panel two. Doesn't that seem at all odd to anyone else? (X-files theme song plays in the background again)

Um... anyone else hearing some sort of warbling that sounds oddly like a tune?
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Heh, Nina reminds of Bella from Twilight, only here the dysfunctional obsession is played for laughs instead of being taken seriously. :P

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Damnit.. Twilight got mentioned... now I've got to burn the thread...

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Naw, just scrub it with bleach. It'll be fine.
Start running.

Please?

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Suntiger wrote:Heh, Nina reminds of Bella from Twilight, only here the dysfunctional obsession is played for laughs instead of being taken seriously. :P
Sunny, that farce of an excuse to call emo boys attractive, plus glitter-glitter bombs by the fecal-loads does not count as reference material. FOR. ANYTHING. I don't even have to watch the movie to know its full of shite, and fourth rate acting (aka worse than indie) Clearly we need silver staked crosses with bad-arsed priests to cleanse the abomination that is that... that... dang... there's not even an adjective to describe how awful those movies are...

*snickers* well, maybe something good did come from that cluster-F of movies. From now till the next F-up, it literally has set the bar for poor taste, bad acting, bad production, and shameless sexual objectifying of (real) pre-adult individuals. Hence forth known as "...its not twilight."

[edit]
TakerFoxx wrote:Naw, just scrub it with bleach. It'll be fine.
Do they even make glitter bleach?
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes, H_2 SO_4 konz. :ymdevil: (aka concentrated sulfuric acid, which is a freakishly evil substance)

I think someone should invent an equivalent to Godwin's Law in terms of Twilight. :-?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I hearby invent Bears Law!

"As any discussion involving vampires developes, the chances that someone will ruin it with mentioning Twilight increase with the cute ratio of the conversation."

Reductio ad Twilightem.

someone

Post by someone »

WCRI wrote:I don't even have to watch the movie
Heh, the vitriol is a bit strong then, if you didn't have to endure it personally.

Plus, it seems the movie rendition of Avatar has been declared worse than Twilight already. (With reviews along the lines of "if you like the animated series, that movie is an unforgivable crime; if you didn't follow it then the film is merely so bad it's terrible.")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5J7inpYSoE

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

So much for Ace being the jealous type. I would think this would cause some rifts between him and Kitty Boy.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Considering he didn't want the attention he was getting his reaction to her having a new person to focus on is completely reasonable.

At this point I don't think anything beyond a friendship is possible between Ace and Nina. We've all got that one friend that's just this side of nuts, right? Sometimes it's just the other side of nuts. She needs to mentally mature a lot before she has a real relationship.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Phazonfish

Post by Phazonfish »

someone wrote:
theodoric476 wrote:Er..... Whiskers? Does Nina know something we do not?
How much of Kade's writings has she read to know anything about his grammar? She's just pretty much making stuff up as she goes.
Though I do hope you realize that one can give attention to the grammar of how one speaks, I am also curious about said whiskers.