05-07-10 Attention to grammar!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

hokova

Re: 05-07-10 Attention to grammar!

Post by hokova »

Well just one more thing to point out; does not Kade hear them? They aren't sitting that away from him, plus being a cat he have better ears.
,,Nobody is a villain.It's just the point of view!´´

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

I wonder if at this rate if Ace is going to be the first werewolf in history to go bald from the stress? Well at least Ace now knows why Vampires are considered feared enemy of his people.
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Yeah, the Begonia Incident has caused much suffering. :ymdevil:

http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20090826.html
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

WCRI wrote: Sunny, that farce of an excuse to call emo boys attractive, plus glitter-glitter bombs by the fecal-loads does not count as reference material. FOR. ANYTHING. I don't even have to watch the movie to know its full of shite, and fourth rate acting (aka worse than indie) Clearly we need silver staked crosses with bad-arsed priests to cleanse the abomination that is that... that... dang... there's not even an adjective to describe how awful those movies are...

*snickers* well, maybe something good did come from that cluster-F of movies. From now till the next F-up, it literally has set the bar for poor taste, bad acting, bad production, and shameless sexual objectifying of (real) pre-adult individuals. Hence forth known as "...its not twilight."
Do they even make glitter bleach?
Well, I haven't seen the films, nor do I plan to. I read the books, mostly out of curiosity to see what all the fuss was about. They had some interesting and even good stuff, like the side characters, the spirit shifters and the fourth book which, thank the gods, had a plot that wasn't Bella just mooning over Edward (ratched the quality up to average for me). It was also, read with a bit of distancing, an interesting portrayal of a obsessive, dysfunctional relationship.
Overall though I thought the series was on the low side of average and not something I'd bother to re-read again.

However, I also don't see the point in spewing vitriol all over anything Twilight just because it's cool to do so. Especially if the people doing so haven't actually read the books or seen the films.
Even though I didn't think much of the books I still don't see any reason to defame Twilight at every opportunity, because frankly it's not worth that kind of attention from me. It's energy I prefer to utilize on more constructive matters.

Also, Kade reading a book called 'Bird Watching' combined with that expression? Hilarious. :)) :))

someone

Post by someone »

Phazonfish wrote:
someone wrote:
theodoric476 wrote:Er..... Whiskers? Does Nina know something we do not?
How much of Kade's writings has she read to know anything about his grammar? She's just pretty much making stuff up as she goes.
Though I do hope you realize that one can give attention to the grammar of how one speaks, I am also curious about said whiskers.
Maybe, but casual speech is casual for a reason. Grammar is a lot less strict in speech, and -- though they're not seen in comics because they'd be a waste of speech bubble real estate -- there are a lot of ungrammatical additions, like blanks, hesitations, repeated words, stammering, "hmms" and "errs", phatic nonsense, etc.

Further, your going too of trouble's telling sum have the grammar miss takes that can bee made but are knot perceived in speech. To say nothing about grammar's evil twin, spelling.

Sacramento Tzar

Post by Sacramento Tzar »

If I had to guess, Layla is going to get pissed off but will focus her attentions on getting Ace to get Nina distracted away from Kade. It's obivous that Layla does care about Nina so it would be in her best intrest to simply distract Nina instead of fighting her. Besides, Nina is too young for Kade to be interested in. I predict that Ace and Nina will be an offical couple at the end of this storyline arch, but won't be a serious as Layla and Kade are. Ace will be browbeaten/tricked into it but I would hope that eventually he would come to accept the crazy that is Nina.
There needs to be an Eeiriecuties.com/Monsterful.com crossover in the future. Just saying.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Except she has already explicitly told Ace to keep away from Nina. While I do agree that she's not going to be happy about her little sister pursuing her sometimes boyfriend, I don't think she's going to take the puppy route to fix things.
Start running.

Please?