28-06-10 Ewwwww!!!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

BobDole

Re: 28-06-10 Ewwwww!!!

Post by BobDole »

But we've never seen Nina's reaction to drinking blood - we've only seen her reaction to the thought of drinking blood. I'd be willing to bet that she had some growing up from her parents, but that she just seemed more drawn to chocolate. Given that Elanore set up that chocolate bunny "hunt" for her it's probably safe to assume that her parents have accepted her preference - it just looks like Layla hasn't.

There's a lot of fun speculation available in the mythos of how all this works and what's accepted and all that, isn't there? :)

Kol Drake

Post by Kol Drake »

A dual purpose sword... astral projection and colon cleanser. eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

piemanmoo wrote:Its not a stretch to say that if Nina is physicaly incapable of drinking blood, that her doppelganger would be the same way.
Eh.. Mirror-verse.
If real Nina is good and nice and can't drink blood, then her counterpart will be evil, bad and love blood. :p

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And yet she wasn't was she. More ebil, annoying, and pestiferous rather than outright Evil.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Yeah, the opposite of lawful neutral is..... chaotic neutral.... :D
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Mint-Pie

Post by Mint-Pie »

RoninAngel wrote:Do they get extra sweaty in bras or something?
They do if it's really hot and sunny out, or if they're nervous all day because they're dreading having to "come out of the coffin" to their parents.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

She's still pretty dumb to go to a school filled with evil monsters and slay them if she planned that AFTER donating blood.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

piemanmoo wrote:
RoninAngel wrote:Do they get extra sweaty in bras or something?
They do if it's really hot and sunny out, or if they're nervous all day because they're dreading having to "come out of the coffin" to their parents.
it's connected with the magical force that causes female nipples to attract wisps of steam/smoke, bits of paper blowing on the wind, random shrubbery, etc.
Yet still, I live...

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

IS_Wolf said:
If real Nina is good and nice and can't drink blood, then her counterpart will be evil, bad and love blood. :p

Well, yes, but she is obviously strongly affected by Nina's nature. Her early evil plans are little more than practical jokes (remember "Cold Bra! Cold Bra!"), and when she finally manages some "serious evil" (apparently killing Tiffany) she almost immediately breaks down in tears! So some of one and some of the other.

Then as for Tiffany. She's clearly a ditz. She seems to have been doing one of the typical teenage things and going off on her own to "prove she knows what she's doing" - and proving just the opposite. She didn't know anything about the sword she "borrowed", and getting "killed" (she didn't know it was astral projection) and then finding a sword in her stomach! I think most people would be "without rational thought" for some time after experiences like that. So I don't think she's stupid just because she was running around in broad daylight thinking she was a vampire. And once she had a plausible explanation that DIDN'T mean she was a vampire, she got it straightened out reasonable quickly. So probably about average... a bit on the impulsive side. (!)

And that final frame is really good! Ewwwww!

Oh, and she could have been a "daywalker" (like Hazuki) after all. If you've seen Moon Phase....
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Panchocheesecake wrote:I was to distracted by the shower scene that I never bothered to figure out the pun. Then, I figured it out eventually without looking at the forum. Took me a day, but still, when you figure it out on your own.......

Least I don't feel so bad about being the only one now. :D
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

Piemanmoo, you escape the pun hammer today... Instead I'll leave the pun paddle here for anyone that wants to give you a whack for that, cause seriously, that was groan inducing.

Dan, actually, no, her stomach wasn't so much centered in her body as much as the sword sheaths are hiding her waist area. Though, yeah it would seem that Giz added a little much on the upper half of the torso due to visual illusion. Either that or the vest somehow rose up as Tiff fell down. Can't be certain which really.

Also, YAY! There's hope for our young slayer. Also, humana, humana, humana, humana. :ymhug: Thank you [Giz]! Now, quick! Someone make that a high quality wall poster and offer it for sale through the site!
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

vp21ct

Post by vp21ct »

Am I the only one who's thinking, "She still got Bit"?

Ten

Post by Ten »

Is anyone else concerned about the traces of strawberry jam that's now festering in the tissue walls between her stomach and back???
I banged your mom.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

The last panel pegged something in my brain, and I've finally put my finger on it.

It really reminds me of Ted Naifeh - not the more cartoony stuff (Death jr, Courtney Crumrin, Polly and the Pirates), but the semi-realistic stuff (How Loathsome, the current Coven story in Teen Titans, certain bits of Gloomcookie, or random characters in the three 'cartoony' books).
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ten wrote:Is anyone else concerned about the traces of strawberry jam that's now festering in the tissue walls between her stomach and back???
I was, last page already. :P
Don Alexander wrote:While we are dissecting the comic in such an overrealistic fashion, I shall note that if the astral projection sword, upon piercing the stomach, draws inanimate stomach content with it, shouldn't part of that remain in the pierced tissue when the sword is withdrawn??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)