28-06-10 Ewwwww!!!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

negzee

Re: 28-06-10 Ewwwww!!!

Post by negzee »

Ah, good ol' TVtropes. Where would we be without it. :)

Also, re. colour coordination: I dunno, the tiles look more lilac than pink to me. Could be my monitor.

Blissfull Wulf

Post by Blissfull Wulf »

Yeah, I was thinking more of a purple than a pink myself.

PLEASE NOTE: Thor can't read this.

Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Of course there is still one minor mystery left to be revealed, what snapped her back into her body?

The sword is still clearly in her tummy at the start of this story arc. So if functioning as advertised, she should have still been a ghost. We also have the minor detail of just how much she remembers from her out of body experience. Cannon has already established that those nibbled on by a vampire (and recover) do not remember much if anythign of what happened to them.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Most intelligent slayer.... Ever! :p

Klyfix

Post by Klyfix »

negzee wrote:
Monzach wrote:Wow...I guess the astral projection sword can pick up...souvernirs. :ymsick:
... *feels dumb*

I came to this thread wondering what the heck I was missing that Tiffany realized. Makes sense now.

... ewww.

Wait, would it even still taste like strawberries at that point? Wouldn't it just taste like stomach acid/puke?
I recall from many, many years ago that my father supposedly said that blueberry jam was the ideal thing to eat when you're sick because it tastes the same going up as going down. Maybe strawberry jam is like that? :-?
V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...
Klyfix''s Journal Thingy
A rodent with mad skillz, uh, no.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@Mad Scientist: I think the inducing amnesia thing is separate from just drinking their blood.

On today's comic: Yum, yum! What goes in must come out - somehow.

Also, her stomach seems kind of centered on her body.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

@Mad Scientist: welcome to the forums! And to answer the question... It was probably her anger at being bitten that inadvertently led her going back into the body, although I imagine in normal circumstances it would just be the will of the person wanting to go back. It's no good to have an Astral Projection device that someone else has to turn off/remove. If they get distracted, removed, fall asleep, etc. then you're stuck in ghost mode for a while!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

Two things:

Tiffy in the shower? Nice.

Other thing? Tiffy CAN figure things out, see? Even if they make her go...

Ewwww.

:)

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Ravenhull wrote:Hmmm... she still has Layla's necro-hicky showing. Part of me is still wondering about the blush and the sigh back when she was getting bit. :-B
In most Lore the bite of a vampire is supposedly pleasurable. This to further bind the victim to its assailant, as the victim will want to be bitten again..
Radbaron wrote:@Mad Scientist: welcome to the forums! And to answer the question... It was probably her anger at being bitten that inadvertently led her going back into the body, although I imagine in normal circumstances it would just be the will of the person wanting to go back. It's no good to have an Astral Projection device that someone else has to turn off/remove. If they get distracted, removed, fall asleep, etc. then you're stuck in ghost mode for a while!
More likely to be a safety precaution set into the enchantment actually. If, the body is harmed, immediately return the soul to the body. Last thing you'd want is for the user to be unaware that its body has suffered major injury/slain. By having the soul yanked back, then they can at least try to do something about the damage.

Something like a ring of regeneration or things akin to that.
Don Alexander wrote:@Mad Scientist: I think the inducing amnesia thing is separate from just drinking their blood.

On today's comic: Yum, yum! What goes in must come out - somehow.

Also, her stomach seems kind of centered on her body.
I seem to recall that the Maid has something to do with the Amnesia, as opposed to it being a directly vampire thing. Although that is something that is possible, depending upon the individual Lore in the respective universe. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

As for the wound. Could the blade have gone in diagonally as opposed to directly centered?

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Why is it that girls are always soaping their nipples in the shower? Do they get extra sweaty in bras or something?
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You mean, besides covering up nipplegate-y parts??

While we are dissecting the comic in such an overrealistic fashion, I shall note that if the astral projection sword, upon piercing the stomach, draws inanimate stomach content with it, shouldn't part of that remain in the pierced tissue when the sword is withdrawn??

Talk about ewwww! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

At first I wasn't sure what she was so grossed out about, as I assumed that the jam had simply spilled on her shirt.

Then I read the thread and...got it.

Ew indeed.
Start running.

Please?

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

I was to distracted by the shower scene that I never bothered to figure out the pun. Then, I figured it out eventually without looking at the forum. Took me a day, but still, when you figure it out on your own.......

In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Xeph

Post by Xeph »

This also explains why Nina did not have an adverse reaction to Tiffany's "blood".
No it doesn't, since that wasn't Nina, but Nina's Mirror Double.

Mint-Pie

Post by Mint-Pie »

Its not a stretch to say that if Nina is physicaly incapable of drinking blood, that her doppelganger would be the same way.