28-06-10 Ewwwww!!!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: 28-06-10 Ewwwww!!!

Post by Kamino Neko »

Kamino Neko wrote:She doesn't need to be a vampire to be a recurring character, you realize.
Actually, giving this some thought - the potential for being a recurring character is the biggest argument AGAINST her becoming a vampire.

As a (completely incompetent) vampire slayer, she has potential for being an interesting recurring character.

As just another vampire...not so much. We already have Layla and Nina for that.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Kol Drake

Post by Kol Drake »

And while it might make for some small yucks being 'a vampire teen' living at home with mom & dad... the vampire slayers... it would get old fast.

Personally, I suspect because he essence was 'out taking a walk' as a ghost when she was bit.... there is some 'Giz and Dave special' that will happen instead of turning all pointy toothed.

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

TakerFoxx wrote:Possibly, though vampire saliva is said to be a powerful aphrodesiac. So it it's probably not Tiffany's fault she responded the way she did.
Not so much the saliva, which just acts as a hyper effective coagulant, when applied to a bleeding wound.
Keep in mind that a vampire sinks his/her teeth into a major artery, without that effect the victim will bleed out fairly swiftly. Making them useless as a future meal.

It's the bite itself, which seems to have an arousing nature. Initial pain being displaced by pleasure. Possibly a form of neurotoxin if you want to get hyper-scientific about it. Which is indeed used to bind the victim to the vampire in question, to facilitate future feedings as well as leaving the door open for a turning.

Which by the way requires the ingestion of the vampire's blood in, if I'd had to hazard a guess, 98.5% of all current Vampire Lore. The older tales have some more variation, but the bite alone isn't enough reason for the victim being turned.

And as for Layla blushing, one shouldn't forget the effects of feeding, when fresh blood floods through their system.
So next to her being in the mood for some stroking the pussy cat, talking about Kaede here, the feeding itself could also explain that event.

And as for tempting fate, there's also the reverse aspect.. The universe going: D'uh...
Which was clearly the case with Tiffany..

Woe is me, woe is me, I'm a vampire.
Holy Water, Mirrors, Sunlight... <- Universe acts.
Oh I must feed on those Bishie boys.
D'uh, you really are a dumb blond, aren't you. <- Universe comments.

dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

Guys You misunderstand, I said consequences to the bite of some kind. I did not say I want her to be a Vampire. Nor do I think she will be one.
I said "consequences to the bite of some kind" Like a mind link out of the book Dracula with Mina and Dracula.He could not turn it off.
Or Maybe Vampire Servant like Anita Blake.
Maybe she will find that flies are starting to look yummy.
Consequences to the bite of some kind As In Funny and embarrassing side effects to biter and bitten.
Like the two girls finding out they share each others pain like twins or find each other in each others dreams.
Or that Tiffany Her Bride done in a few books A Brides not Vampire but a person that linked to the vampire in such way they stop aging but gain a physical Dependency on being fed on and Vampire starts craving there blood alone.

If you see what mean there all sort of embarrassing possibilities.
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

dragondeathlord wrote: Or that Tiffany Her Bride done in a few books A Brides not Vampire but a person that linked to the vampire in such way they stop aging but gain a physical Dependency on being fed on and Vampire starts craving there blood alone.
What you're talking about roughly correlates to the VtM term of a Ghoul.
Ghouls are human servitors, linked to a vamp by blood, physically dependent upon said blood if over a certain age* and pretty much tend to be willing to do anything for their masters.

Vamps aren't tied to the ghouls for blood use though, it's just convenient to have a walking snack around, who can also do things for you in the sunlight.

But again, that would require Tiffany to have ingested Layla's blood, which wasn't the case.

*: In the sense that if a person is say 60, but looks 30, then they're using the blood to keep their actual biological age at bay. This can even work in the way of a limited form of immortality. So a ghoul could be say 200 years old, but still look to be in his 20s to 40s. Can still be slain though, and the vampiric blood is often used to heal otherwise fatal wounds, doing that will cause that person's age to catch up with them though.

Oh and a small side note, when I say fatal, I mean shootings, stabbings, broken bones, stuff like that. Decapitation is still a sure fire killer, as would severe burns, though smaller burns could again be healed.
Last edited by IS_Wolf on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

IS_Wolf wrote:Not so much the saliva, which just acts as a hyper effective coagulant, when applied to a bleeding wound.
A vampire with coagulant in his saliva would starve - what they need is an anti-coagulant.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Kamino Neko wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:Not so much the saliva, which just acts as a hyper effective coagulant, when applied to a bleeding wound.
A vampire with coagulant in his saliva would starve - what they need is an anti-coagulant.
You'd think that. But oddly enough they almost always seem to lick the puncture wounds on their victims, which subsequently begin a rather rapid clotting process, closing the wounds enough to prevent the pressure from reopening the wounds and the victim bleeding out.

dragondeathlord

IS_Wolf wrote:
dragondeathlord wrote: Or that Tiffany Her Bride done in a few books A Brides not Vampire but a person that linked to the vampire in such way they stop aging but gain a physical Dependency on being fed on and Vampire starts craving there blood alone.
What you're talking about roughly correlates to the VtM term of a Ghoul.
Ghouls are human servitors, linked to a vamp by blood, physically dependent upon said blood if over a certain age* and pretty much tend to be willing to do anything for their masters.

Vamps aren't tied to the ghouls for blood use though, it's just convenient to have a walking snack around, who can also do things for you in the sunlight.

But again, that would require Tiffany to have ingested Layla's blood, which wasn't the case.

*: In the sense that if a person is say 60, but looks 30, then they're using the blood to keep their actual biological age at bay. This can even work in the way of a limited form of immortality. So a ghoul could be say 200 years old, but still look to be in his 20s to 40s. Can still be slain though, and the vampiric blood is often used to heal otherwise fatal wounds, doing that will cause that person's age to catch up with them though.

Oh and a small side note, when I say fatal, I mean shootings, stabbings, broken bones, stuff like that. Decapitation is still a sure fire killer, as would severe burns, though smaller burns could again be healed.
There a couple of different versions depending on the world another
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Blake Anita blake by Laurell K. Hamilton
A vampire servant who started out nations top slayers and now bonded for life to a Vampire.
There author Katie MacAlister Dark ones (which could be all sorts of goofy as there supposed to be boy girl) One human soul in all the world that can restore a Vampire soul and become there one true love magically connected no way to break.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpathians_(race) by Christine Feehan similar deal but bride winds up a Vamp with soul in the end.
Kim Harrison's Vampires have Scorn like the human Servant Anita Blake by Laurell K. Hamilton You stay a none Vampire but become a Living Familiar like a witch's Black cat.
there even one done with valkyrie's and Vampires. All about True Love and destiny and pre-destined Soul Mates.
My point is this is now very popular concept with authors that has never been made fun of and Been done to death repeatedly or undeath.
I think this concept really deserves being made fun of. =))
I decided to put this in my signature to save time explaining. My eyes are not the best and though I often use and depend on speech recognition software that is not 100%. And I do not always use it to type as it is aggravating. So I typing blind folded half the time or squinting. And the Ease of Access magnifier a pain, some times literally to use. So my typing sucks hard boiled Ostridge eggs through a ten foot straw. So to those that got to deal with it my sincere apologies.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Personally, I don't think the bite is going to have any noticeable side-effects. Vampires seem to reproduce sexually in this world, and their bites are for feeding purposes only. Layla's been seen biting people and erasing their memories right afterward, suggesting that the victims just went about their lives immediately afterward.
Start running.

Please?

dragondeathlord

Hey you might be right but there still going to be consequences from bite of some kind becouse that will be funny.

For instance How Long do you think she can get away with wearing a scarf or a Turtle Neck in that household Before her parents Notice the Bite Mark?
I think considering there Slayers they will react like they found a used condom and Drugs in her Jeans pocket and track marks on her arm.
Since at the very least that exactly what that bite is.

For the record they showed Layla ancestor Destroying a entire Village of 3000 humans.
http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20091207.html
Since that seems like it be tough with just two friends and a evil cat.
I would say it's a bit early to assume she can't make some one undead.
It's more likely it's like the blade movies wear Vampires can be natural born or turned.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

dragondeathlord wrote:Hey you might be right but there still going to be consequences from bite of some kind becouse that will be funny.
There already HAS BEEN.

A whole 9 strips worth.

dragondeathlord

Now that's true it is getting old I concede.