09-01-12 Phone numbers and twitters

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Adamas

Re: 09-01-12 Phone numbers and twitters

Post by Adamas »

Kradeiz wrote:
It does raise an interesting question though: If instantaneous gender-swapping were possible, would the swapper keep their original sexual preference or be switched to that of their new sex? And what would happen if you were gay? ~X(

My, we are asking some very deep questions tonight, aren't we?

I think we reached the conclusion that straight as male=straight as female in these circumstances, Goddess knows we hashed it out enough while ACE was female!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Error of Logic wrote:It's interesting how Brooke is probably the sanest and most mature member of the cast when she is not the direct focus of events.
Remember Brooke's flashback at the slumber party? She explained to Nina why she shouldn't be angry at Layla for "eating" her friend Chloë, and why she is a vegetarian. It starts here. So, Brooke knows the school rules and Professor Twigitt doesn't? Totally in character for both of them. (And Brooke does pretty well even when she is the focus.)

And don't be too hard on Kade. After all, "Kade just wants to have fu-un." {channelling Cyndi Lauper here}
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

kurousagi
Location: Yoko Hammer, Juh Pan / Sack-O'-Tomatoes, Kah-lee-for-nee-ya

Post by kurousagi »

I've never owned a cat, but I hear they can be downright annoying during heat... :p

By the way, Bob Barker reminds all of us to help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Kradeiz wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love the Cuties, but one guy and a bunch of girls is basically just harem anime, and that's been done to death.
Have you seen the one guy and the girls? Far far far from a harem.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

What makes a harem anime a harem anime isn't that it's one guy and a lot of girls, it's that that one guy is the primary focus, and the girls, whether there's interest or not, are treated in relation to him. Ace is barely seen, and likely won't be the only guy (or possibly even a guy) at some point in the near future. The same could be said for Kade a few chapters ago.

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

It depends on your definition. One definition is one guy, living with a bunch of girls. It has been argued that the first harem show was Tenchi Muyo
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Yes but Tenchi did actually have multiple rivals for his affection.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

More importantly, he was the main character, and all the girls were defined first and foremost by his perception of them. It's not unusual for whole chapters to go by without Ace, and he's mostly seen through the eyes of the female characters, not vice versa. What's more, he's not the only guy and never has been: if you don't count Kade (which you probably should, now that it looks like we're close to understanding the curse), there's still Dio, who showed up right after Ace was turned back and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, at least not without taking Layla with him, which seems a tad unlikely. If anything, you should have been complaining about Kade being Tenchi back when it looked like Ace had a very real chance of living out his life as a woman (of course, he wasn't much of a POV character until the love triangle).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

My, my, this is one of the steamiest updates so far!! :-o

I missed people arguing that this was already too much for PG-13. :P (It's not. But some people seem to confuse PG-13 with PG or even G...)
'J' wrote:are we even really sure she is officially a teacher? maybe she just showed up one day in the lab and started teaching a class. possibly as an excuse to do science on the students.
FTFY :P

Concerning the fact that so many guys seem to be macking with Kade... I'm unsure how clear it is to them that she was once a guy, and that she will likely be a guy again - as in, they see her as a new student. Also, it's teenage boys! Looks like a girl, smells like a girl, feels like a girl!! DIVE IN!! =p~
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

You are aware how horrible a double entendre that last sentence of yours is, right?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Noooo... O:-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

I must say that while I'm going to miss the sexy manly Kade, this newer female version is growing on me
mainly because now he/she is no longer being kept on Layla's leash
I mean, before his main role was hen-pecked boyfriend, but now her character has some good potencial to evolve