09-01-12 Phone numbers and twitters

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Re: 09-01-12 Phone numbers and twitters

Post by Lighthawk »

narkosys wrote:
TheDude wrote:Teenage pregnancy isn't very common in industrialized nations - apart from the US.
what about that kid in the UK who became a GRANDfather at 29? :-o
You know, I think once you hit 29, you've well earned the right not to be referred to as "kid" anymore. :p
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

When you're our age - 29 year olds ARE children. Either yours or your friends. LOL.
But seriously, yeah - old granddad isn't a "kid" anymore.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Folks, we are drifting off towards politics... and do we want that in this thread?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

How so? We're talking about the empirical results of a policy adopted by many US school districts. <see my sig>
We're not trying to influence that policy.
I AM involved in several political blogs, that's where such debates MAY <damned unlikely> have an impact. On a web comic forum page? Please.

Just trying to explain things to the "foreigners" (non-US members).

I will not step on any posters defense of this policy, but people noted the statistical difference - I pointed out the policy difference.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
PIXIE MEL!!!

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

None of that is the point of this thread, however. The thread is about an update to the comic, which involves Kade making out, Twigget being airheaded, and Brooke being the voice of reason. Teen pregnancy rates in different countries are only slightly more relevant to that than the heat-death of the universe is.
Last edited by Random Wanderer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

It's just that whenever the cast of the comic starts to show age typical behavior like kissing, there's someone crying out "oh no, teen pregnancy" - as if teens can't have sex without getting pregnant.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

kitsune9tails

Post by kitsune9tails »

I'm more interested in Kade's behavior, and the reasons therefore.

Seriously, is he in heat?

Ace did not 'switch teams' this quickly or enthusiastically, which seems borne out by the in-comic comments. Aside from the whole sub-discussion about which team is the 'correct' team for a heterosexual male who suddenly ends up in a female body :-\ And I might see this as just kitty hormones interacting with girl hormones, except that guy!Kade was at least restrained enough to seek out a closet (!) to do the making out in.

Twigget needs to get Ace and Kade together in a room to collect some kissing data! ;) :D

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

While posting consecutive replies is something of a faux pas, this posting is back on the webcomic track, and off the defensive track.

I have to say, the idea of Kade as the town bicycle (everyone gets a ride) is cracking me up. Is it possible for Kade to learn the error of her ways, or are her sex-kitten ways instinctive? -- rather like HIS tom-cat ways

Female cats like to "nest" with other females and so provide constant care for kittens (including nursing) while momma goes hunting. Is Kade cultivating girl friendships, it would be somewhat non-feline behavior, if not. Or does Ace count? He would certainly protect kittens, even if they weren't his; it's just his nature.

I still think Ace and Kade would be cute together, if, and only if, Ace could accept Kade's flirtatious nature with others. ... Rats, can't see my way to that.
Oh well.

ETA: Ooh - looks like it wasn't consecutive after all.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I think since Kade has always seemed to listen to his instincts, it's not so surprising that something like this is happening. Meanwhile Ace seemed to resent his nature somewhat, what with hating his furry hands and all, that might have accounted for his slower changing.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Artemisia wrote:
Wait, men actually talk to each other about guy stuff? I thought men just grunted at each other and communicated via well placed scratches. *Takes out note pad* Please, go on...there must be so much more information about men that would be useful to know :p
Dependent upon the social group one is a part of? Yes.. Don't expect dissertations on isolation, displacement and the over all effect of a post-industrial society upon social cohesion and self-identity from members of the Jock group though.

:p

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I hate to use derogatory terms for women who love freely, but Kadie-kins hits all of them at this point.

Prof. Twigitt so fits the definition of a mad scientist. She could probably tell you how to reanimate a corpse, complete with diagrams, but would be baffled if you asked her for relationship advice.

On the male-female sexuality spectrum, Kadie-kins is so far long on the female side, Brooke can barely see her tail lights. BTW, I think we can dispense with the male pronouns for Kadie-kins at this point.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

Yeah...I like Kade as a girl, but this now leaves EC with one really prominent male character in Ace. (I don't count Diodore because at this point he's more of a plot device than a flesh and blood character.) Don't get me wrong, I love the Cuties, but one guy and a bunch of girls is basically just harem anime, and that's been done to death.

I'm okay if Kade stays a chick, but then some more guys should be introduced to balance things out...maybe a zombie or a half-god son of Hades or something like that...half-god, lots of appeal there! :ymdevil:

As for Kade's flirty behaviour, he was always like that; the only reason he hid it more as a guy was because he was dating Layla and afraid of pissing her off, now that he's a lady and not attracted to chicks, that's not an issue.

It does raise an interesting question though: If instantaneous gender-swapping were possible, would the swapper keep their original sexual preference or be switched to that of their new sex? And what would happen if you were gay? ~X(

My, we are asking some very deep questions tonight, aren't we?
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

theodoric476 wrote:We brag, pose and tell "Pull my finger" jokes too.
theodoric476 wrote:Quarterback? Football team? Just who do they play?
Adamas wrote:Apollo Academy of course! B-)?

There's always Bakertown from the PMS / VC comic as well.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Count de Money wrote:Prof. Twigitt so fits the definition of a mad scientist. She could probably tell you how to reanimate a corpse, complete with diagrams, but would be baffled if you asked her for relationship advice.
Start by laying body on slab. Insert long metal instrument with hook through nostrils...
Oh, you probably don't want the full instructions :p

They could just have teams within the school, depending on how big it is.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Azrael wrote:There's always Bakertown from the PMS / VC comic as well.
Part of me would love for the VC girls to find themselves neck deep around the EC crew. :ymdevil:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."