09-01-12 Phone numbers and twitters

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Thor

Re: 09-01-12 Phone numbers and twitters

Post by Thor »

Gil Hamilton wrote:It could be that the curse swaps for when shapeshifters kiss.
In which case it should have swapped when Ace and Brooke kissed at the dance.

And for a place that Layla claimed had a "strict dress code", Brooke sure does get away with having her neck-thingy undone a lot.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

They were both girls at the time. If the curse flips over with a gender swap, then it can't be transferred when the genders are the same, since there is no gender flip.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I got to wonder what the official explanation is for Kade or Ace's disappearance when their genders changed. I don't think the boys would be too inclined to be swapping phone numbers and twitters if they knew. Ash certainly backed away when he was told about Kade's history.

As for Kade's tail I thought he kept it around his waist like the Saijins do with their tails. Since he's a girl he can have it hang out his skirt. Perhaps it's a thing with feline creatures.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Random Wanderer wrote:I find it amusing that Twigget seems entirely unaware of what she can and can't do as a teacher. As if she doesn't even know what it really means to be a teacher.
Beidah wrote:Maybe she just heard the science part and forgot about the teacher?
are we even really sure she is officially a teacher? maybe she just showed up one day in the lab and started teaching a class. possibly as an excuse to do science to the students.
Yet still, I live...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

From tomcat to sex kitten. This is getting to be rather disturbing... Kade would be fortunate to dodge teenage pregnancy, the way things are going.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

Teenage pregnancy isn't very common in industrialized nations - apart from the US.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Zenishiere

Post by Zenishiere »

brasca wrote:I got to wonder what the official explanation is for Kade or Ace's disappearance when their genders changed. I don't think the boys would be too inclined to be swapping phone numbers and twitters if they knew. Ash certainly backed away when he was told about Kade's history.
Regarding this, at least within the monster school they don't need a explanation - the orb incident was a kinda big deal, and Ace's situation was known to faculty and any of the students who knew him previously at least. Kade's is also known to faculty and anyone who knew him, although the Orb incident may be fading from memory a bit. I also figure the monster's don't really make a big deal out of someone switching gender, since they have so many wild and strange powers to begin with.

Then there's having to hide from the mortals who would call them freaks, flee in terror, or try to kill them just for being what they were born as. They just aren't hostile toward Kade, or that concerned about Kade's current gender issue - they don't need an explanation or a lie - the truth is fine.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

zoom wrote:I'm just wondering why Brooke cares so much about Kade's "dilemma".
Maybe she's afraid that Kade will go after Ace? Which he already did but it seems nothing came of it.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I'm glad nothing has come of it. I did like GrAce, but she really didn't feel completely comfortable as a girl. Kadie-kins seems to revel in it.

As far as teenage pregnancy goes, can Kadie-kins absorb unwanted kittens like real cats do? Yeah, gross, but I'm curious...
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

As for why Brooke cares, it may be that she is simply that kind of person. Or that the lingering effects of the Ord upset her sense of order. Most likely, given that she admitted having a bit of a crush on Kade, she wants her eye candy back in its original packaging... ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

sylentknight

Post by sylentknight »

brasca wrote:I got to wonder what the official explanation is for Kade or Ace's disappearance when their genders changed. I don't think the boys would be too inclined to be swapping phone numbers and twitters if they knew. Ash certainly backed away when he was told about Kade's history.
I'm with you on this.
Sure, we can explain it all by saying that by being "monsters" they are more open-minded about issues of gender, or maybe the quarterback is a incubus and just doesn't care, but assuming that everyone knows that Kade is now a female due to that curse that happened a few months ago and possibly how it got transferred from Ace, you would think most boys would avoid Kade at all cost. Depending on your sexual preference, facing another boy you were intimate with once you change back could be very uncomfortable to say the least.

Any guesses on how the Doom panties are going to effect all of this? ;)
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Complicated. Chloe appearently has a crush on Layla's fiancé. How will that relate to Kade, who appearently forgot about Layla entirely? Meanwhile, Layla just had a traumatic experience at Faith's, and Nina is upset with her sister getting married, and I don't know what's with Brooke and Ace... there are a lot of plot threads here.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Matuse wrote:1) The quarterback's hand is...at the promised land.

2) When did Kate get a tail? I know the ears come and go, but this is the first time I've seen a tail.

Usually the tail shows up when the ears do.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

zoom wrote:I'm just wondering why Brooke cares so much about Kade's "dilemma".
Most likely the whole Kaede is one of Ace's few male friends.
And just as the ladies need each other for girl talk, so do men need their bro's for guy stuff. :p

Either that or she's a Kaede&Layla shipper. :p

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

Maybe Twigett thought she had to be an official in order to flag the QB for illegal use of hands? Heh

Not sure either why this is so important to Brooke, but I hope at least some students are getting video of Kade as boy-crazy catgirl. Should prove enjoyable to all when Kade returns to being a boy...all except him and his male 'conquests,' that is... :p