Magick Chicks 06-01-12 Regain your energy

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Aquila89

Re: Magick Chicks 06-01-12 Regain your energy

Post by Aquila89 »

The Nick wrote: Perhaps staking a vampire doesn't kill them so much as immobilize them? That's not an uncommon view in vampire mythologies and certainly makes the 'stake her if I lose' order a little less immoral.
Would be nice. However, Tiff is called a vampire slayer. "Slayer" means "killer".

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Faith reminds me of Izaya Orihara from Durarara -- constantly messing with people, viewing themselves as the chess masters while all those around them are the pieces on the board. Maybe Faith really loves all humans like Izaya (except for Shizu-chan and possibly Simon, after the last episode).

I can't say how great Faith's little pause is in Panel 3A.

This update actually tells us a lot about Faith's character. Though she's a manipulator, Faith doesn't want to hurt people. If she didn't care about Tiff, she could've rolled Tiff out the back door and said Layla finished her off.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

In order for stakes through the heart to only immobilize vampires, I'd say they need powerful regeneration or to be truly undead. Anything less than that, and a cease of cardial function probably means an end of brain functions as well, and... poof.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Remember, in many European legends the stake was only part of it, you also had to remove the head, stuff the mouth with either garlic of Communion wafers, and bury it separately.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yes, because classic vampires are undead. It takes more than a stake to end them.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

IS_Wolf wrote:And who might Layla's husband be then, The Nick?

Afaik, she only has a boyfriend (who's a girl right now) namely Kaede.
And then there's her fiance Dio.
I was referencing Diodore.
Aquila89 wrote:However, Tiff is called a vampire slayer. "Slayer" means "killer".
Not a "Vampire Staker" either. I'm just saying perhaps staking isn't the end-all be-all that it would be to humans. Maybe.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

I actually have tried to eat multiple types of livers. They all taste bad to me & I cannot stand the texture.
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It looks like Faith dispensed with the pretense that the MAAA since she also removed Tiffany's mask. I think it would've been cuter if she left that much on and humored her secret identity.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Count de Money wrote:.... This update actually tells us a lot about Faith's character. Though she's a manipulator, Faith doesn't want to hurt people. If she didn't care about Tiff, she could've rolled Tiff out the back door and said Layla finished her off.
So maybe she really is on the "benevolent dictator" path. As I suggested here: 16-09-11 This kind of power. (Note that I was guessing. I'm not claiming anything more than a good guess.)
brasca wrote:It looks like Faith dispensed with the pretense that the MAAA since she also removed Tiffany's mask. I think it would've been cuter if she left that much on and humored her secret identity.
Now I have the image of Tiff walking around with her MMAA mask, wearing nothing else at all. Thank you! :-bd :-bd :-bd
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Ah, memories of an old anime: "No one knows my face, but everyone knows my body..."
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

brasca wrote:It looks like Faith dispensed with the pretense that the MAAA since she also removed Tiffany's mask. I think it would've been cuter if she left that much on and humored her secret identity.
... Actually, since it's the Abbot woman and she already stripped her naked, that would have been upsettingly much like kinky sex games. o_o

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Actually, when Tiff arrived she didn't pretend to be the MMAA, so there's no need for Faith to try to keep up the illusion.

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

The Nick wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:And who might Layla's husband be then, The Nick?

Afaik, she only has a boyfriend (who's a girl right now) namely Kaede.
And then there's her fiance Dio.
I was referencing Diodore.
Engaged does not equate to husband. :p

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Give it time. :)
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Lighthawk wrote:Hmm. I guess I'm the only one who thought Faith meant just a plain old ordinary infection. You know, because Tiff has twin puncture wounds in her neck due to being bitten, and I doubt a vampire's mouth is any less of a bacteria collector than most.
I believe putting disinfectant on a bite would be more effective than stripping.

Random Wanderer wrote:
David Johnston wrote:And giving birth to babies who grow up in more or less normal family units and going to school is a lot less creepy than spreading by contagion.
I see no reason why they can't do both.
I wasn't saying it was impossible. I was saying that I'm not going to take the teen slayers word for it, because I'm sure the teen slayers have been fed misinformation about how things work.