Magick Chicks 06-01-12 Regain your energy

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Hyper Magi

Re: Magick Chicks 06-01-12 Regain your energy

Post by Hyper Magi »

On a more story related post, I'm starting to see Faith less as an evil manipulative person, and more as a morally ambigious kid who's still learning about things outside her comfort zone. Apparently that was her first real hand to hand fight, and earlier she expressed sadness about being too self-involved. This might be an attempt to be less so, or it could be geniune gratefulness for being saved.

The whole vampire slayer thing that was brought up makes me wonder though... what are they really being taught? The two thing that comes to mind is

1) They're being taught to not think about vampires as "people", which brings up some issues.

or

2) It's one of those "secret test" that the students have to look in themselves to find the "right" answer, which may explain Tiff somewhat.

I don't know I'm just throwing theories around.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Geeno wrote:Still hurt about the total lack of acknowledgement of Gir's Doom Song on the last EC thread. I feel lonelier than Aquila89 on the Ma3 thread about Kiley. At least Aquila gets a response.
Let me give you the response you apparently crave. I am quite happy to have missed that reference when it was first made; I can't stand invader Zim. :-\ Sorry, but there it is.

Chiyosuke

Post by Chiyosuke »

People are gladly eat LIVING!!! oysters, slimy clam, leathery octopus, raw fish, gooey snails, etc, but got sick when they think about a well-made fried liver?
Interesting... :-\

Tempi1

Post by Tempi1 »

yiraheerai wrote:Since we're on the subject:
WTF???? :-o

If that is a true story and not a sick joke then my only response to her and similar deranged Twilight fans would be:

BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!!! /:)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Chiyosuke wrote:People are gladly eat LIVING!!! oysters, slimy clam, leathery octopus, raw fish, gooey snails, etc,
Not me. Blarg. :ymsick:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Error of Logic wrote:
Geeno wrote:Still hurt about the total lack of acknowledgement of Gir's Doom Song on the last EC thread. I feel lonelier than Aquila89 on the Ma3 thread about Kiley. At least Aquila gets a response.
Let me give you the response you apparently crave. I am quite happy to have missed that reference when it was first made; I can't stand invader Zim. :-\ Sorry, but there it is.
Oddly, I expected that response from you. Thanks for it, BTW. Reading your comments, you and I are just not on the same wavelength generally, and Invader Zim is a kind of "caviar" cartoon in that it's just not for everyone. As I said before, people either love it or hate it. Doesn't surprise me if some here are in the latter category. It would surprise me if MOST were, but I've been surprised before
PIXIE MEL!!!

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

yiraheerai wrote:
Chiyosuke wrote:People are gladly eat LIVING!!! oysters, slimy clam, leathery octopus, raw fish, gooey snails, etc,
Not me. Blarg. :ymsick:
Nope. BROILED (and therefore not alive) oysters are delicious, as are FRIED (and therefore not alive) clams, calimari (fried - and therefore not alive - octopus or squid), and escargot (baked - and therefore not alive - snails); all are scrumdiddly-icious, when properly prepared. Raw fish however, I gave it its chance; I'm sorry - it's just stuff you use to catch fish you can cook.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth »

Ok, I'll grant that Faith's priority was to get Tiff squared away, but why did she let Layla simply walk away? I expected her to snap the psychic cuffs on Layla or take some other measures to prevent "the murderer" from getting away. After all, Tiff seemed OK at first and they just watched while Layla casually walked out of the house. I would have liked to see Layla run away from the house and for Faith to have started after her, then realize that Tiff had collapsed and abandoned chasing Layla to attend to Tiff.

Or perhaps this; Layla, energized by drinking Tiff's blood, jumps up and challenges Faith again. Tiff collapses between Layla and Faith and her mask slips off. Layla recognizes her friend and, suddenly overcome with guilt and confusion, turns and dashes from the house. Faith kneels down to pick up Tiff and, as she watches Layla disappear down the street whispers, "Another time, murderer." -Fade to black-

I'm just saying.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Waking up in a bed naked, not knowing how you got there or what happened, is my FAVORITE sexy moment in a movie/tv series.

Edit: oh and I predict that Tiff will spittake on Faith and give her an excuse to take off her shirt, or she tries to show her sensitive side.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Azathoth wrote:Ok, I'll grant that Faith's priority was to get Tiff squared away, but why did she let Layla simply walk away?
Well, the Abbot girl bonked her head on her own ceiling. She might have still been just a tad woozy. Also, Tiffany may still have been bleeding out the neck, or at the least she was stained with blood. In the shock of the moment, the Abbot girl probably got her priorities straight and tended to the person passed out on her floor.
I expected her to snap the psychic cuffs on Layla or take some other measures to prevent "the murderer" from getting away. After all, Tiff seemed OK at first and they just watched while Layla casually walked out of the house. I would have liked to see Layla run away from the house and for Faith to have started after her, then realize that Tiff had collapsed and abandoned chasing Layla to attend to Tiff.

Or perhaps this; Layla, energized by drinking Tiff's blood, jumps up and challenges Faith again.
I think you may have answered your own question: drinking Tiff's blood may have given the Delacroix girl the energy she needed to snap the Abbot girl's control, especially after she almost concussed herself jumping around like a fool. As for the Delacroix girl walking away instead of fighting; she may still have been disoriented, and with her stomach full of blood, 'flight' seemed like a more reasonable option than 'fight' to whatever passed for thought in her at the moment.
Tiff collapses between Layla and Faith and her mask slips off. Layla recognizes her friend and, suddenly overcome with guilt and confusion, turns and dashes from the house. Faith kneels down to pick up Tiff and, as she watches Layla disappear down the street whispers, "Another time, murderer." -Fade to black-

I'm just saying.
That kind of ending would have made me scream "Noooooo~!" and delight in the irony that the vampire running away from her prey actually meant leaving the 'innocent' to the greater monster.

Chicopinto

Post by Chicopinto »

Azrael wrote:Liver. *shudders* :ymsick:

What? You don't take this opportunity to feed her oysters or chocolate? For shame Faith. :p
Hey!!!

I love beef liver!!! And I also like spinach!!

Give it to me!!!! =P~

P.S. And I also love naked Chicks.... :x

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Spinach is fine. I simply can not abide liver, and you are quite welcome to my portion.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth »

Error of Logic wrote:That kind of ending would have made me scream "Noooooo~!" and delight in the irony that the vampire running away from her prey actually meant leaving the 'innocent' to the greater monster.
Azathoth:
Hmmm, interesting idea. Initially, I thought of Layla as the greater monster, after all, we've seen her resort to violence time and again to get her way. However, unlike Faith, Layla hasn't shown any interest in bending to her will everyone she meets.

Quote tree pruned. The DAMNed

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Re: 'staking Layla'
Perhaps staking a vampire doesn't kill them so much as immobilize them? That's not an uncommon view in vampire mythologies and certainly makes the 'stake her if I lose' order a little less immoral.

Re: 'do vampires breed or rob the cradle'
Judging by how Layla acts around her husband, I'd say there is some biological compulsion to be all breed'y.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

And who might Layla's husband be then, The Nick?

Afaik, she only has a boyfriend (who's a girl right now) namely Kaede.
And then there's her fiance Dio.