2011 Holiday guest strips (and art) thread

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Stonefoot

Re: 2011 Holiday guest strips (and art) thread

Post by Stonefoot »

On the previous page Don said "Blair looks very happy." and Aquila89 said "I don't know why. Nobody is naked." :D Which makes perfect sense. On the other hand, we don't know what's in the 'whatever-it-is with polka dots' that Blair is climbing on. Maybe it's dirty laundry and smells of unwashed panties? If he's the spirit of a Japanese pervert (the type that buys used, unwashed girls panties) that would probably make him happy. :-o He does have a thing for girls underwear. :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

The more I look at Monday's guest comic, the more it looks like they're lying on a pile of pillows.

It's pretty cool how the spot color is used (considering it's been a long time since EC has seen color), and I like the expressions on everyone's faces. I also like Isa's use of chubbier, more child-like cheeks for Layla and Nina. Looking forward to the next guest comic.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

No MC update and not even guest strip? :(

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

There is no MC. Only Zu'ul.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

uzivatel wrote:No MC update and not even guest strip? :(
Uhm.. It's in the newsblurb below the comic.

DECEMBER 27, 2011
Happy Holidays everyone! Just an FYI that we'll only have one comic update this week on Magick Chicks. Either Wednesday or Thursday.--Gisele :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, the new guest strip is pretty. :)

Is that supposed to be Diodore?

Or just some random admirer of Chloe's pendulosity...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Don Alexander wrote: pendulosity...
That word is pure ridiculosity.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

no, pendulosity is what chloe will be displaying when she's in her 60s. right now what she's displaying is more aptly described as pneumaticism.
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Naw, she's magic. They'll still be riding just as high when she's 528.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Ironically, the wednesday 28-12-2011 art piece reminds me of the story of Eden. The guy hanging from the tree looks a bit of a snake, the object he's holding out is at least as red as an apple, and Chloe looks quite innocent. The irony being, of course, that whatever tree-boy turns out to be, Chloe is a demoness... Nice art, though. Very nice art.

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Error of Logic wrote:Ironically, the wednesday 28-12-2011 art piece reminds me of the story of Eden. The guy hanging from the tree looks a bit of a snake, the object he's holding out is at least as red as an apple, and Chloe looks quite innocent. The irony being, of course, that whatever tree-boy turns out to be, Chloe is a demoness... Nice art, though. Very nice art.
But where are the knee high socks?

YES. IT. MATTERS.

More and more school uniform looks are using bare legs, or tights, or boots, or even...pants (goddamnit)...and say it with me...

IT. IS. NOT. THE. SAME. THING!!!

Surely, I'm NOT the only person who feels this way? Any other leg apparel but knee high socks and black shoes defeats the entire look!

#:-s

Sorry, I rant sometimes about those things that are *precious* (Gollum) to me.

:)
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I also wondered whether Chloe's admirer was Diodore or some random guy. Don't trust tree-bourne people, Chloe. Ask Tatewaki Kuno.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

brnleague99 wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:Ironically, the wednesday 28-12-2011 art piece reminds me of the story of Eden. The guy hanging from the tree looks a bit of a snake, the object he's holding out is at least as red as an apple, and Chloe looks quite innocent. The irony being, of course, that whatever tree-boy turns out to be, Chloe is a demoness... Nice art, though. Very nice art.
But where are the knee high socks?

YES. IT. MATTERS.
But thigh-high is best.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

I disagree. When it comes to stockings or socks combined with very short skirts, less is more and none is best.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Daremo

Post by Daremo »

Somehow I now want to make a Kade tribute video, set to a certain Lords of Acid song...