zoom

Re: 19-12-11 Lickably hot

Post by zoom »

Love Kade's death stare in panel 3.
SIG229

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

Kade is just powerfully, aggressively, irresistably heterosexual. Whatever gender he is, he can't control his desire for the other one. "Lickably hot" indeed... :p

Hey, on the upside for Ace, he's just gotten more and more attractive to EVERYBODY since he originally became a girl! Could being a girl make you a better guy? Women would probably say he'd at least be a more UNDERSTANDING guy. And the fact that he lost the furry paws and grew about a foot didn't hurt either. Somehow, though, I just can't see him getting interested in girl-Kade... =;

Funny stuff.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Yeah, Kade staring daggers at Mel in panel 3 is cute. I've always liked girl-Kade's "back off" face.
And I love how she ran to him for comfort. Has Ace been trying help Kade through her changes? I can easily see him feeling responsible for what happened to Kade and trying to help. That look on Ace's face in the last panel is precious. I can hear his internal dialog, "I'm just trying to be nice, thanks ... but you ARE really cute .... Bad Dog!"
PIXIE MEL!!!

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

The most important thing I have to say about today's comic is: WIN!!!

Never thought I'd type this, but Ace is a studmuffin. Notably taller, broader in the chest, and I think his face even looks slightly manlier -- oh, and he doesn't have werewolf hands anymore. It's also funny that the guy who couldn't get a date at the start of the comic now has girls falling all over themselves to get close to him. That kind of reversal of fortune could really mess with Ace's head ... or so I've been told.

Should've known Ace, being the nice guy he is, would offer Kadie-kins pointers on how to deal with a recently gender-flipped body.

It's totally hilarious Mel would carry business cards with her e-mail and I'm guessing cell number around to hand out to potential beaus. I couldn't read her e-mail (it's something @ yahoomail.com :)) ), but 666-melissa? =))
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

nilof

Post by nilof »

Zooming in on the comic, I read Melissa's E-mail as melhell@yahoomail.com.

Fairly sure about the melhell part, the yahoomail part is kind of fuzzy.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Geeno wrote:Yeah, Kade staring daggers at Mel in panel 3 is cute. I've always liked girl-Kade's "back off" face.
And I love how she ran to him for comfort. Has Ace been trying help Kade through her changes? I can easily see him feeling responsible for what happened to Kade and trying to help.
"Oh hi, Mr. Claw. I'm just trying to help your new daughter go through her changes."

I love out-of-context quotes.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

They've switched genders, and Kade is still after Ace. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! :-D
(Also, Mel's phone number is perfect for her.)

sylentknight

Post by sylentknight »

I don't think Ace will ever give in to Kade's attentions. Although Kade doesn't seem one to look ahead at the consequences, as heterosexual individuals I'm sure Ace realizes that they'd never be able to look each other in the eye again when or if Kade ever became male again.
I might be wrong, but I know it would stop me. @-)
I do so relish these times of peril.
- Sheen from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Yeah, but.... Ace has been a girl too, and was for quite a while. I think his attitude could be a bit more flexible because of that. We don't know how the date with Brooke went, and if he sees 'going someplace private' with Kade as cheating on Brooke, he won't do it. On the other hand, in panel 2 Kade is running to Ace for protection from Melissa, and in panel 3 she's 'looking daggers' at Melissa in a sorta 'Get away from him he's mine!' way, so Ace's protective, testosterone-fired instincts would be at full force here - and he would almost certainly say 'yes'.

If we weren't at the end of the arc (or are we?), I could easily see something like this: Ace says "How about one kiss right now while Melissa is watching?" They have one kiss, with tongues and lots of groping. Really hot. (And Mel practically self-combusts, watching.) They walk off hand-in-hand and, after they're away from Mel, Ace says "Look, you're really hot and really cute, but I made a commitment to Brooke, so nothing more is going to happen here. What we just did was fun, but really it was a way for both of us to get back at Melissa. I hope you understand, but anyway, when you get back to Charybis, the way you look, you can have any guy there you want.... except me."

Edit: I completely agree with all the comments about Kade in panel 3, but the more I look at panel 2, the more my own protective instinct is triggered. I really want to protect her from Mel. (And, of course, whatever would follow....)

Anyway, two things I would love to see: Ace and Kade having an NSFW kiss, and Mel's reaction, watching them. Both? OK, world peace would be nice, too....
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Pinekone

Post by Pinekone »

Being a girl for awhile sure taught some things to Ace, He is not so socially awkward anymore.

Then again it takes a lot of guts to ask out a pretty witch with some interesting spells.
pink wrote: Just had a mental image of Charlie Brown with Didi's tits.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Just a thought: Has anyone tried to send an e-mail to Melissa yet? And I mean us real-life forumites.

I am both intrigued and terrified to find out what I would receive back from it.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

I would try an e-mail, except it's not really clear.

Also...

Ace: "Look, you're really hot and really cute, but I made a commitment to Brooke, and Layla owes me three kisses... alright, I'll do it. But I'm wearing this Kade-wig."
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Been so busy following the Ma3 strip, I forgot to follow this one.

That's ACE!?!

Holy crap! He'll have to fight back the girls pretty soon at this rate!

Wonder what he looks like in his canine form?
Count de Money wrote:It's totally hilarious Mel would carry business cards with her e-mail and I'm guessing cell number around to hand out to potential beaus. I couldn't read her e-mail (it's something @ yahoomail.com :)) ), but 666-melissa? =))
It's pretty easy to do. Just get some blank business card sheets from an office supply store, use the business card template in your word processor, and presto! Instant business ID!

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

^^^ I wasn't implying making business cards was difficult. I was saying it was funny Melissa thinks herself such a catch she carries around a stack of cards with her name, e-mail and cell number on them to hand out to random guys. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
-- Dot Warner

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Calling it now - Ace and Kade make snugglebunnies (not necessarily sex).
May or may not be a mistake/work out, but it is a much bigger deal to Ace than to Kade.
Among possible scenarios, he's freaking out 'cuz he thinks he's totally betrayed Brooke, and Kade's like "wait .. what? We didn't even do anything". Others, suggest themselves.
I totally foresee cuddling between Ace and Kade, because she won't let up, and he'll eventually wear down ("it's just cuddling, after all").
PIXIE MEL!!!