16-06-10 We won't bite.

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: 16-06-10 We won't bite.

Post by Kamino Neko »

sylentknight wrote:is probably a brilliant tactician and strategist.
Yeah, brilliant tacticians always impale themselves on their own swords because people tied their shoelaces together while they were monologuing.

Knowing a lot just means she's studied - it doesn't mean she's smart. She's completely unable to use her knowledge here, for instance.

You can do a lot with dedication, even without talent.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Tiff sucks.

*snigger*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

He can only hope.... What?!?

Besides, I just realized that these boys aren't quite as dangerous to the teenaged girl psychie as I first thought... he didn't have that audiable gleam off his white teeth... :-B
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

WCRI

Post by WCRI »

As much as I want Tiffiney to be a normal teen-aged girl... I'm seriously leaning toward the "too bad" column.

Though a few things of note, one being the assumption of clan name. Though its highly unlikely that she's simply asserted a unity identity with some other group (aka "clan" ) If she truly is in a clan, its is also unlikely that it's this "Clan Winters" that everyone keeps calling it. We only know that Winters is her family name. We have no proof, one way or the other, that the clan is lead by her family. (thus likely to be calling it clan winters) So for the time being, one can only assert that there is possibly a clan of some sort involved here. What this clan is, as there really was never a true mention that it was a monster hunters clan, and who they are is still unclear. Further more, given that Miss Winters here tends to act, think, and in general behave like a high school teenage girl trying to fit in. I question if there truly is a monster hunter clan, or that her family was ever actually wronged by such creatures as she attempts to stalk. Which really deflates her chances of having at least average intelligence or common sense. At most I'd nearly be willing to wager that this "clan" is really an after school club, and she just really bought into it, and by accident stumbled upon the real deal. Which means we're going to see some sort of school rivalry occur between Screemmont High, and VapidGothy Prep school. Any rate, the only things really not explained is the how she'd survived, and how come she's no longer sporting a stab wound through her stomach.

But as an aside, seems that Tiff had a Zii moment there. (as long as its not a habit)
Oh, Tiff. Got a body that don't quit and a brain that won't start. By AbstractVagabond
You know, for a major magical watchamacallit-thingy as powerful as this one, it's remarkably easy to activate. Just point and click. By duneshdw

BobDole

Post by BobDole »

I don't think we can really rule out the clan as a possibility (and a very real likelihood) right now. The problem with the after school club theory is that her knowledge is real. Her understanding of an obscure object like the mirror is a definite sign that there's some truth to her statements about training.

I think she might be acting like a typical teenage, high school girl because she *IS a teenage, high school girl. She just happens to have a different upbringing than most.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

She just reeks of being a 16 year old girl. Anyone else want to bet on her age?
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

joe england

Post by joe england »

Y'know... this is really starting to seem rather cruelly unfunny. I mean, this girl is clearly mildly handicapped. She's smart enough to basically function in society and recite what she's been taught, but she's like a child in an adult's body. Her family (or clan, whatever) should be ashamed of the position they've put her in. That she's expected to go out and hunt monsters is beyond irresponsible. It's like giving an eight-year-old a gun, a training course, and an inflated sense of self-confidence, and calling them an assassin. She should be in a regular school and spending time with attentive parents and perhaps a counselor, not out hunting supernatural creatures with deadly weapons! It's a wonder she hasn't gotten herself killed already. I can't laugh at this, it's just sad!

someone

Post by someone »

joe england wrote:It's a wonder she hasn't gotten herself killed already.
Technically, she has. It's just that she got better.

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

K.Kuranes wrote:and there's the hickey. :D
Talk about irony! Me and my boyfriend just got in trouble for giving each others hickies recently.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hey, welcome back, Miss Vavavavoom!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Don Alexander wrote:Hey, welcome back, Miss Vavavavoom!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Thank you!
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Border Prince

Post by Border Prince »

The "After school monster hunter group" would explain the guy with the camera in the beginning. He get suspicious of the other school in town and atempt to sneak in to check it out. He return with amnesia, a destroyed camera and bitemarks in the neck...

Our little wannabe slayer takes this as a proof of monsters are actually haunting the creepy school. After having watched a Blade/Van Helsing/Vampire Hunter D/ Hellsing/Buffy/Angel marathon, (during which enormous ammounts of strawberry-flavoured soda and candy was consumed,) in order to get ideas for how to kill these foul abonimations did she enter the schoolgrounds armed with two souvenirs from uncle Bob's last vacation to Japan.

The rest is history...
Don Alexander wrote:If we had a "Post of the day" prize, you'd get it!!

BRILLIANT!!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

If we had a "Post of the day" prize, you'd get it!!

BRILLIANT!!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
ImageImage

Border Prince

Post by Border Prince »

Thanks.

At least I think you meant me.

*Runs away with prize.*
Don Alexander wrote:If we had a "Post of the day" prize, you'd get it!!

BRILLIANT!!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Klyfix

Post by Klyfix »

That....makes a whole lot of sense. Too much sense maybe.

But it doesn't explain her regeneration ability. Hmm, but then again, maybe it doesn't have to? :-\
V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...
Klyfix''s Journal Thingy
A rodent with mad skillz, uh, no.