23-11-11 All the right people

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Re: 23-11-11 All the right people

Post by The Nick »

She knows all she needs to know - some girl (maybe Kitty-Kade) is here on her "date" instead of the girlish boy she was looking for.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

True. However she should have at least wondered why the girl was there at all and looking for her. For all she know's she's brushing off Kade's sister.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

I don't think she'd be upset to be brushing off Kade's sister for a "date."
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

From Mel's reaction, I'd say this was one of those "This shit has just gone off the end of my scale" moments for her. She doesn't want to know, she doesn't care, she just wants to leave now before things get weirder.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Error of Logic wrote:And perhaps he/she is a dumbass.
At least he's a cute dumbass.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Artemisia wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:Well, some girls do want to reproduce.
Error...I want children, so that rules that bit out.
Okay, let me amend that: Some girls do want to reproduce sexually. And until someone manages to make it so women can exchange genetic material in a way that fertilizes one or both during sex, that leaves only one alternative.
Artemisia wrote:AS for Kade and Melissa...she's the one who started this all, so she should at least have one date with Kade.
She started it all so she could get her claws into male Kade. She isn't interested in female Kade. It'd take a whole lot more than an appeal to her sense of fairness (if she even has one) before she'll do anything of the sort.
TazTheTerrible wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:Well, some girls do want to reproduce.
XD
I love that one. Not "guys can be nice" or "guys can be attractive". Nope, the male's only redeeming feature is being necessary for reproduction. Funny to see the sentiment cutting the other way. And a little bit sad too...
But sad can be funny.
Speaking as a hetero male, I don't think of other men as attractive unless they're truly exceptional-looking, so that didn't even enter my mind. Also, that bit of text by me you quoted was in response to our dear Artemisia saying she couldn't think of any reason who a girl would want to date a guy. I just went with the one reason that popped into my mind that I thought could not be argued with. Much. I agree guys can be nice. I try to be an example of it. ^^

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

mikbuster wrote: If everyone at school already knows about the change, it's easy to forget that a former classmate may not know.
Well, it'd be pretty stupid to forget... but since Kade appearently didn't realize that Melissa won't want to date him as a girl, I give you that one.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And here, for some reason, I thought EoL was a girl... :-\

You may snigger now, all of you. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Don't worry, you're in good company. I once entered a story into a competition, and one of the judges was convinced that I must be a woman, based solely on the way I write. Boy, was she surprised! ^^ We both had a good laugh about it.

Thor

Post by Thor »

Don Alexander wrote:And here, for some reason, I thought EoL was a girl... :-\
Not with the way he tosses out the word "wench" like it is supposed to be an insult. 8-|

Look it up. It means either (in order of common usage) a young woman, a female servant, or (archaically) a prostitute. Only the last is possibly insulting, but only the first is accurate.

In any event, he's using her femaleness as a basis for attacking her, which is something much less likely for a woman to do to another woman.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

TCampbell

Post by TCampbell »

You'd think so, right? But that's not true in my experience, actually.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Certain females do seem to consider the term derogatory. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

I think TCampbell was responding to the last sentence of Thor's post.

In this case I agree with both of them, by the way.
EoL has been going out of his way to show his disdain for certain characters by using derogatory language and women can be women's worst enemies. Sometimes (and I'm fully aware that there are many other scenarios) men discriminate against women out of habit or thoughtlessness, while women discriminate against women out of self-loathing.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Personally, I always liked the classified ad from the man trying to sell his four wheel drive pick-up with the 12,000 pound wench on the front. :|
Last edited by Azrael on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Okay, point one in reply to Thor: I do feel considerable disdain for certain characters, but I never had the intention to 'use their femaleness as a basis for attacking them'. I was not familiar with the dictionary definition of the word 'wench', and was under the impression that it could also be used as 'a dislikable woman'.
The important part, to me, is that I find those characters dislikable. I would have disliked them if they were men, I would have disliked them if they were anthropomorphic banana snails, I would have found them dislikable if they had been sentient mathematical abstractions. Had they been men, I would have probably called them 'jerks' or somesuch.
Given the large supply of derogatory terms for both men and women, I was trying to find a term that conveyed my disdain without being intensely offensive to anyone.

In response to TheDude... I didn't feel that I was 'going out of my way' to show my disdain. I could have said so much more and used much worse language, I think...

In closing: should it be this forum's consensus that I have been going too far with what I have said and have given general offense, just let me know - preferably via admin - and I shall do my best to moderate my language.